IF you had to pick one, which gender should the next Doctor be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:10:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  IF you had to pick one, which gender should the next Doctor be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Male

Female

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: IF you had to pick one, which gender should the next Doctor be?  (Read 2326 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 13, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »

Male, the doctor has always been male and has shown no inclination to become a female. It also removes a role model for young boys with someone who doesn't employ violence to solve problems.

In addition it's fully clear that a female doctor is a "stunt casting" to try and boost ratings. While it would do it for an episode or two I think you'd see ratings slide further once the "newness" is done.

I mean, I love the show and I'll keep watching but I don't think a female doctor would last a full 3 (or more seasons) before being replaced. My sarcastic response is "if they make a female doctor I demand a Wonder Man movie".
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »

Sexism is wanting a male character who, though they can change sex has shown no inclination to do so? How very SJW of you. Roll Eyes 

I'd rather have the male character stay male, how about they bring back Romana, or write other strong female characters into the show too (which they have already done many, many times)? Like my sarcastic comment before said, if they tried to make Wonder Man or turn female characters into males guaranteed you'd be fighting that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »

It's been established that 1. Time Lords can change their sex and 2. they are not in control of their regeneration (as evidenced by every new Doctor starting off by checking out and marveling at their new features). That being so, it's becoming increasingly implausible that he ends up male every time.

The doctor isn't in control, others are. Romana, River Song (though only partial time lord), so that's bunk. It'll probably be a male anyways, BBC won't want that kind of change. It was always Moffatt who was pushing it, not anyone else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies