2020: GOP and SSM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:36:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020: GOP and SSM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will the 2020 GOP platform say about SSM
Embraces SSM

Embraces SSM, while supporting the right of churches not to participate

Embraces SSM, while supporting the right of closely-held private companies not to participate

Takes no postion

Supports marriage as 1 man 1 woman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: 2020: GOP and SSM  (Read 1158 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 13, 2017, 07:06:27 PM »

Even the California GOP platform states that marriage is between one man and one woman.

So I'm gonna go with option 5. They won't talk much about it, but they won't embrace SSM.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »

Even the California GOP platform states that marriage is between one man and one woman.

So I'm gonna go with option 5. They won't talk much about it, but they won't embrace SSM.

Isn't the California GOP actually pretty far-right these days?  I thought they lost a lot of moderats in the 1990s and are now closer to Oregon's and Washington's parties.  Honestly asking, I have no idea.

Good question. It's hard to gauge them since they've had no power beyond winning a weird race with a Hollywood actor being our governor. Aside from that, they've been shut out at all levels of CA state government for awhile now.

The last GOP nominee for governor was very moderate (Neel Kashkari). He openly supported gay marriage, pro choice, pro environment, etc. At the same time, I recall reading about how he did have to fend off a primary challenge in 2014 from a Tea Party Republican for CA governor so yeah...make of that what you will Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies