Nyman Occasionally (Announcement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:34:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nyman Occasionally (Announcement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nyman Occasionally (Announcement)  (Read 339 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:27:40 AM »

"The secret to happiness is low expectations."
- Barry Schwartz

Table of Contents:

So, here's the TL;DR:
 - I'm not going to run for re-election to the Senate, as I have said in private since I was elected to the Senate.
 - I will not be seeking reappointment as Secretary of State in the President's second term.
 - I'm also going to near-completely diminish my role in Fed leadership, in order to more adequately and objectively carry out the next bullet point.
 - I'M REOPENING MY NEWSPAPER, B!TCH
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:31:23 AM »

So, here's the TL;DR:
 - I'm not going to run for re-election to the Senate, as I have said in private since I was elected to the Senate.

*plays a sad music montage of Ted moments* Sad

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm fine with this because I am pretty sure I know who the next SoS is--and they're a great pick!

*plays another sad music montage of Ted moments, but this time a lot of the stuff is blacked out because it's secret party business* Sad

Exciting news!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »

So, here's the TL;DR:

I'm fine with this because I am pretty sure I know who the next SoS is--and they're a great pick!

*plays another sad music montage of Ted moments, but this time a lot of the stuff is blacked out because it's secret party business* Sad

Exciting news!
This is the highest quality shítpost I've seen in a while
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »

So, here's the TL;DR:

Exciting news!
This is the highest quality shítpost I've seen in a while

I'll take that as a compliment
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 03:54:57 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 03:59:16 AM by Ted Bessell »

DFWLIBERTYLANDSLIDE
President and House Federalists win big, mixed results downballot

By Rod Shmlagoevich

NYMAN -- President dfwlibertylover secured a 62-33 victory over his opponent, Congressman and former Game Moderator Clyde1998, in last weekend's Presidential election -- shattering records for electoral margins, and giving him a commanding mandate going into his second term.

In addition, the President's Federalist Party appears to have retained control of the House of Representatives, with all five candidates on their slate winning election. Labor's has won at least three seats, and the final results will be released by the Department of Federal Elections tomorrow. Laborite Roy Barnes was also able to pick up a Senate seat in Fremont (albeit from Labor-aligned independent Siren), Lincoln Senator R2D2 was reelected comfortably, and the chief executives of both regions, Harry Truman and Mike Wells, both won reelection.

"I would say that whole thing was just enchantingly mesmerizing," stated House Speaker North Carolina Yankee after polls closed. "One of the big reasons we saw this strong level of support, about 55% of the House Popular Vote, was because the Congress is functional now and has been since February, along with the other Chamber and the Vice Presidency. I look forward to working with Senator PiT or Scott, whoever becomes PPT, and Vice President Goldwater to continue that productive relationship.

Yankee, unsurprisingly, intends to stand for another term as Speaker. Term priorities include getting "the President's big three agenda items through, healthcare, budget and the Foreign Policy Review," as well as "to reinforce the gains we have made administratively within the House so that the House functions for the people."

Meanwhile, Labor has been roiled by internal strife after their landslide defeat in the Presidential election. Party chairman NeverAgain and former chairman and President Adam Griffin, both top political leaders in the party, left Labor immediately after polls closed to form the Not Sociopaths Defectors And Poseurs Party (NSDAP).

"The president is an incredibly strong campaigner," said a Labor political operative. "He managed to build a very broad coalition of voters, and this put us at a disadvantage from the get-go. Morale within the party, and especially the leadership, hit an all-time low about a week before the election -- people are very discouraged by the state of the game and not at all sure much can be done about it. And, frankly, ideology and traditional campaigning matters less than it used to. You have quite a few left-leaning voters who cast their ballots based on a few issues that perhaps our candidates did not emphasize, or where we had a perceived weakness; and so the president received quite a bit of support from quarters where they disagree with him on most issues."

As Harry S. Truman takes over as interim Labor Chair, and rumors of assorted palace coups swirl through the IRC channels, one thing is clear: Labor is in crisis.

"It seems to me that there is not a lot of real interest, among the larger majority of liberal voters, in maintaining any sort of disciplined center-left party," says a Labor politico. "I won't comment on the wisdom of that position, because ultimately it's a matter of preference; but it's certainly true that the left is less motivated by an all-consuming purpose than it has been in years past, the result being that party unity and ideological cohesion is waning. Whether Labor can adapt to the challenge, I can't say; but the political left is certainly going to look very different four months from now than it does today."

Full Election Results:

Atlasian Presidential Election:
President dfwlibertylover / VP Goldwater: 62.2%
Congressman Clyde1998 / Senator Siren: 32.8%
Former [a lot of things] Bacon King / Fmr. Speaker Ben Kenobi: 4.2%

Atlasian House Elections:
Federalists: 4 seats, 44.5% (+1)
Labor: 3-4 seats, 38.6% (--/+1)
Atlas Conservative Party: 1 seat, 10.9%(--)
Independent (Poirot): 0-1 seats, 5.9%(-1/-2)

Fremont Senatorial Election:
Former Senator Roy Barnes: 60.0% (L+1, from I)
Former Judicial Officer Wulfric: 40.0%

Lincoln Senatorial Election:
Senator R2D2: 61.1%
Former CJO Cinyc: 38.9%

Fremont Prime Ministerial Election:
Prime Minister Harry S. Truman: 85.7%

Fremont House of Commons Election:
Labor: 2 seats (--)
Atlas Conservative Party: 1 seat (--)

Lincoln Gubernatorial Election:
Governor Mike Wells: 58.1%
Former VP Kingpoleon: 41.9%