France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:36:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion III: Tout doit disparaître  (Read 37303 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 04, 2017, 06:30:26 AM »

The term 'dose' seems to me that whatever is passed (or indeed proposed and then lost in the shuffle) will be some form of additional member system of top-up members.

Also lol at the typical bargain basement populist "what if we just cut the number of MP's!!!".
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

Does Melenchon have a successor on the Left, or does he plan to run in perpetuity?

Haha lol Segogo
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 06:28:35 PM »

Missing my main man Hollande everyday tbh. He knew not to take himself seriously.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 06:00:14 PM »

Bit late but, Les Guignols de l'Info is finished for ever. Seeing as that was the show that introduced me to politics, it seems worth marking.

Didn't their network get bought by a rich dude who hated Les Guignols?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:07:22 AM »

Front National (or National Rally as they are known atm) are in a bit of a factional crisis right now. Macron is fortunate enough right now that none of the major non-EM factions look broadly acceptable to the median French voter, meaning even an unpopular Macron would be able to win a run off.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:55:14 AM »

Front National (or National Rally as they are known atm) are in a bit of a factional crisis right now. Macron is fortunate enough right now that none of the major non-EM factions look broadly acceptable to the median French voter, meaning even an unpopular Macron would be able to win a run off.
NKM could beat him if she could make the runoff.
She got defeated as an last year though, and I'm not really sure she has a viable shot at leading LR for a multitude of reasons. And her niche is basically covered by En Marche itself?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 06:51:05 AM »

Could Hulot face him, I wonder?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 08:44:13 AM »

Is Macron stupid or something. He knew that wouldn't go over well, and he announced it anyways. It would be like Germany honoring Paul Von Hindenberg for wartime service.

That's... not really analogous, actually, but point taken I suppose?

It really is. Hindenberg is the single person most responsible for Hitler becoming Chancellor in the first place. If he'd just said no to Hitler in 1933, we might have avoided World War Two...or at least the War being two fronts (I have no doubt the U.S and Japan would eventually have gone to war, and Pearl Harbor would've happened eventually).

Given that Hindenburg's brain was rapidly devolving into mush, there wasn't really much he could do. Blame Von Schleicher.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies