Van hits Muslims coming out of Finsbury Park Mosque in London several casualties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:54:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Van hits Muslims coming out of Finsbury Park Mosque in London several casualties
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Van hits Muslims coming out of Finsbury Park Mosque in London several casualties  (Read 2946 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:10:30 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2017, 08:18:27 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

But since the attacker is white and victims Muslims, it isn't terrorism guys!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/van-pedestrians-hit-run-over-casualties-latest-police-finsbury-park-mosque-muslims-seven-sisters-a7796551.html
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:26:47 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2017, 08:48:03 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

Nobody has said that and that doesn't change the fact that Islam has a cancer growing from within.

Edit: The Mosque has been in the past associated with radical Islamists, which pretty much makes certain what we all know already. This is an act of terror regardless. Vigilantism is terrorism in and of itself.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »

Nobody has said that and that doesn't change the fact that Islam has a cancer growing from within.

Edit: The Mosque has been in the past associated with radical Islamists, which pretty much makes certain what we all know already. This is an act of terror regardless. Vigilantism is terrorism in and of itself.

Sanchez... you disappoint my friend.

My sister lives a few blocks away, and the "One Handed Preacher" who was an Al Qaeda militant associated with OBL, had long been purged from the Mosque a decade ago from both within and without....

This was a story recounted to me ten years ago, when I was there three blocks away (!!!) that was well known in the community, so please do not attempt to excuse Terrorist assaults against Muslims in the UK at the hands of Racist English Terrorist "Lone Wolf's".

It's the Middle of the Night in the UK now, so haven't had a chance to talk to my younger Sis, but really?Huh   Have some class Sir.....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »

My sister lives a few blocks away, and the "One Handed Preacher" who was an Al Qaeda militant associated with OBL, had long been purged from the Mosque a decade ago from both within and without....

This was a story recounted to me ten years ago, when I was there three blocks away (!!!) that was well known in the community, so please do not attempt to excuse Terrorist assaults against Muslims in the UK at the hands of Racist English Terrorist "Lone Wolf's".

It's the Middle of the Night in the UK now, so haven't had a chance to talk to my younger Sis, but really?Huh   Have some class Sir.....
What is so classless about pointing out the OP's annoying double standard? This was an act of terror, and we all know why this hate filled monster was radicalized to lash out at the Muslim community.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 09:40:14 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2017, 09:43:09 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

What is so classless about pointing out the OP's annoying double standard? This was an act of terror, and we all know why this hate filled monster was radicalized to lash out at the Muslim community.

MY Double Standard? That is so f'ing hilarious! Once again you twist my words to attack me, apparently that is all you're good at Sanchez.

Excuse me for pointing out the media hypocrisy when it's an attack on Muslims, they either say
oh it's too early to say terrorism, or the guy was just mentally ill.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 09:46:21 PM »

MY Double Standard? That is so f'ing hilarious! Once again you twist my words to attack me, apparently that is all you're good at Sanchez.
You don't seem particularly interested aside from empty platitudes on Atlas about the problem. The scourge of religious radicalism can only be eradicated by the religious community. If a Baptist terror cell is operating in Tallahassee, it is incumbent on the Baptist community to ensure that such actions are perceived as being unpopular, undesirable, and unhelpful. Frankly, the Muslim communities in the west are failing at this, as polls show.

This attacker would not have struck if there were no Manchester attacks. As far as I'm concerned, he's de facto radicalized by Islam as well. His actions are undeniably tied to London and Manchester.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »

You don't seem particularly interested aside from empty platitudes on Atlas about the problem. The scourge of religious radicalism can only be eradicated by the religious community. If a Baptist terror cell is operating in Tallahassee, it is incumbent on the Baptist community to ensure that such actions are perceived as being unpopular, undesirable, and unhelpful. Frankly, the Muslim communities in the west are failing at this, as polls show.

This attacker would not have struck if there were no Manchester attacks. As far as I'm concerned, he's de facto radicalized by Islam as well. His actions are undeniably tied to London and Manchester.

And why do you care? You're actually pretty wrong, once again, all you do is twist Sanchez. And why should I be responsible for something I had nothing to do with? Get over yourself.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 09:52:21 PM »

It's the Middle of the Night in the UK now, so haven't had a chance to talk to my younger Sis, but really?Huh   Have some class Sir.....

Did hearing about lots of Muslims dying in the Grenfell Tower radicalize him too?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:32 PM »

It's the Middle of the Night in the UK now, so haven't had a chance to talk to my younger Sis, but really?Huh   Have some class Sir.....

Did hearing about lots of Muslims dying in the Grenfell Tower radicalize him too?
A freak accident? How is that relevant? The fact of the matter is, this man was the evil around him and became it. I'm waiting for the chorus of the usual suspects to begin pushing the narrative that this somehow is totally unrelated to the growing and very serious problem of radicalization in Islam.

And why do you care? You're actually pretty wrong, once again, all you do is twist Sanchez. And why should I be responsible for something I had nothing to do with? Get over yourself.
Why do I care? Because I don't want to see a car crash through FSU and then have the local community just say "oh, we never knew he was a problem, gee whiz this is terrible." I'm just saying, the entire community seems to get rather defensive when things like this happen. More work needs to be done, but the numbers show it happening anytime soon when 25% of British Muslims at the very least sympathize with this.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:59 PM »

I'm sick and tired of people like Sanchez saying we need to do more, I'm fully aware of that, and I do my part I talk to people, I've reported suspicious people before, I spoke out against my former Imam when he began to go down the rabbit hole. I am tired of the lies and deception being spread about us. We do our part, whether it works or not that is another story, we need help, but not with people like Sanchez. His obsession with me is disturbing.

Telling me what I do is for Atlas and not IRL is offensive and disgusting, you Sanchez, don't have to worry being a white man in redneck Florida, I as a Muslim in the south have much more to worry about than you, a "reformed" nationalist, or what ever you call yourself. If you have something productive about how to solve it, then share with the class, don't sit there and make asinine attacks on me about stuff you don't know, or care to understand, thanks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 10:00:53 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2017, 10:04:52 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

I'm sick and tired of people like Sanchez saying we need to do more, I'm fully aware of that, and I do my part I talk to people, I've reported suspicious people before, I spoke out against my former Imam when he began to go down the rabbit hole. I am tired of the lies and deception being spread about us. We do our part, whether it works or not that is another story, we need help, but not with people like Sanchez. His obsession with me is disturbing.

Telling me what I do is for Atlas and not IRL is offensive and disgusting, you Sanchez, don't have to worry being a white man in redneck Florida, I as a Muslim in the south have much more to worry about than you, a "reformed" nationalist, or what ever you call yourself. If you have something productive about how to solve it, then share with the class, don't sit there and make asinine attacks on me about stuff you don't know, or care to understand, thanks.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Hiding behind privilege attacks. Some spray painted something hateful on your mosque. Cry me a river. People are actually dying on the other hand, and now innocent Muslims are dying because their leaders are not standing against terrorism adequetly. We can't keep an eye on the more problematic Mosques (which I oppose anyway on civil liberties grounds), we can't put a travel ban on areas most affected by radicalism, and we can't profile. I get the communities opposition to all of those policies. But that means it is incumbent on the leadership of the community to root out these problems.

The fact that you, in Daytona Beach, had to report somebody suspicious is worrisome. Just goes to show that this is a problem in more communities and not just the big cities.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Hiding behind privilege attacks. Some spray painted something hateful on your mosque. Cry me a river. People are actually dying on the other hand, and now innocent Muslims are dying because their leaders are not standing against terrorism.

I guess this is part and parcel of living in a big city, right?

You think I'm not aware of that, stop with your sick asinine attacks on me and actually PRESENT ideas on how to solve it. Your obsession over me needs to end. Attacking me is going to solve that right? Start establishing relations with the community and maybe then, they'll want to work on you, you turned this attack into another anti-Muslim tirade and it's going to stop. You think it's a simple solution it is not. American Muslims are more integrated because we feel more welcomed and therefore are more than likely to report suspicious behavior, British Muslims don't feel welcome and therefore are more likely to get radicalized than not.

But the British government and society should do more to make the BM community feel more secured and welcome and then start a dialogue and get their trust, then things will get better. So stop making this about me.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2017, 10:11:08 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Hiding behind privilege attacks. Some spray painted something hateful on your mosque. Cry me a river. People are actually dying on the other hand, and now innocent Muslims are dying because their leaders are not standing against terrorism.

You think I'm not aware of that, stop with your sick asinine attacks on me and actually PRESENT ideas on how to solve it. Your obsession over me needs to end. Attacking me is going to solve that right? Start establishing relations with the community and maybe then, they'll want to work on you, you turned this attack into another anti-Muslim tirade and it's going to stop. You think it's a simple solution it is not. American Muslims are more integrated because we feel more welcomed and therefore are more than likely to report suspicious behavior, British Muslims don't feel welcome and therefore are more likely to get radicalized than not.

But the British government and society should do more to make the BM community feel more secured and welcome and then start a dialogue and get their trust, then things will get better. So stop making this about me.
How do British Muslims "not feel welcomed" when 88% of them in the poll I just gave you said they are satisfied with life in Britain? That isn't the problem. Do Muslims in Syria joining ISIS "not feel welcomed?"

This terrorist attack in London tonight is no minor traffic accident gone wrong. It's a serious and evil attack on innocent people. But let's not pretend that this is some sort of deeply rooted problem. It's a primal, animalistic reaction. If I supported the death penalty, I'd like to see this man hang as much as anyone.

And lastly, you made this "about you" with your first post. I see you expend your outrage very selectively.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:58 PM »

How do British Muslims "not feel welcomed" when 88% of them in the poll I just gave you said they are satisfied with life in Britain? That isn't the problem. Do Muslims in Syria joining ISIS "not feel welcomed?"

This terrorist attack in London tonight is no minor traffic accident gone wrong. It's a serious and evil attack on innocent people. But let's not pretend that this is some sort of deeply rooted problem. It's a primal, animalistic reaction. If I supported the death penalty, I'd like to see this man hang as much as anyone.

Yet you, at the beginning of the thread, decided to shift the blame on the victims and the community as a whole.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »

Yet you, at the beginning of the thread, decided to shift the blame on the victims and the community as a whole.
I didn't. I voiced my disgust that events are being separated to fit your consistent narrative. Where is that kid from Massachusetts with the "both sides do it!" trope already? We need him for once.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 10:16:47 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 05:05:26 AM by او انگلیسی است »

And lastly, you made this "about you" with your first post. I see you expend your outrage very selectively.

Sanchez---

Your comments tonight have been disgusting and reprehensible, while meanwhile families are London are visiting injured members of their family in Hospital.

You went totally off the rails on an Anti-Muslim rampage for no reason on Atlas, and deserve your proper fate among the Jury of your Peers.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 10:17:39 PM »

Has this been confirmed to be an intentional attack and not drink driving or something of the sort?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »

Has this been confirmed to be an intentional attack and not drink driving or something of the sort?
It's terrorism. There is no doubting that this was an act of anti-Muslim bigotry.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »

Sanchez, you really should just finally admit you hate Muslims and want us banned from the West, you clearly believe that even though you say the contrary.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 10:25:18 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2017, 10:28:16 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

Sanchez, you really should just finally admit you hate Muslims and want us banned from the West, you clearly believe that even though you say the contrary.
I don't hate Muslims. I have four Kuwaiti Muslim friends in my building who love this country and hope for a reformation in Islam to root out this extremist ideology. Do you think I want my buddies banned from this country?

I certainly wish more Muslims would quit being so passive/defensive and actively root against this as a means to establish the badly needed internal dialogue.

I support banning travel period from Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, and Libya, certainly. I'd love to see more, say, Indian or Indonesian Muslims settle in the United States.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »

I don't hate Muslims. I have four Kuwaiti Muslim friends in my building who love this country and hope for a reformation in Islam to root out this extremist ideology. Do you think I want my buddies banned from this country?

I certainly wish more Muslims would quit being so passive/defensive and actively root against this as a means to establish the badly needed internal dialogue.

I support banning travel period from Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, and Libya, certainly. I'd love to see more, say, Indian or Indonesian Muslims settle in the United States.
'

The "some of my best friends are" argument???

Please Sir, get some sleep, recover from the influence of whatever substances, sober up eat some food... IDK what's going on with you Man, but you are flipping out and going off on Anti-Muslim diatribes for whatever reason.

Not cool, regardless of whatever personal issues you might have with another fellow poster on the Forum.

Cease and desist please Sir....
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »

Has the terrorist been identified?

While this is likely a "revenge strike" by a racist, ISIS constantly targets fellow Muslims around the world and this could easily be that as well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »

While this is likely a "revenge strike" by a racist, ISIS constantly targets fellow Muslims around the world and this could easily be that as well.
I thought that as well, but they'd strike a Shia mosque whereas this is the former Mosque of Richard Reid, the Sunni shoe bomber.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 11:17:55 PM »

I thought that as well, but they'd strike a Shia mosque whereas this is the former Mosque of Richard Reid, the Sunni shoe bomber.

Good point, but all it would take was a would-be ISIS recruit not finding the warm welcome he wanted at his mosque, and deciding they need to die for being "weak".

The method of attack is ISIS boilerplate, so I'm keeping my mind open. Definitely sounds like EDL types, though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 11:23:48 PM »

Good point, but all it would take was a would-be ISIS recruit not finding the warm welcome he wanted at his mosque, and deciding they need to die for being "weak".

The method of attack is ISIS boilerplate, so I'm keeping my mind open. Definitely sounds like EDL types, though.
There were three attackers. It would almost certainly be EDL/BNP/National Front weirdos. The suspect was detained by the crowd, but witnesses haven't said anything as to who he was, what he said, or what he looked like.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies