GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:16:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 69550 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2017, 04:00:19 PM by The Gianforte Covfefe »

Well, Romney isn't president now. Trump is, and he only won the district by 1. But you are right, this seat is more about the narrative anyway. My point was that I seriously doubt that many Democrats will be happy if Ossoff loses only by 1 or 2 instead of 10. They have set their expectations so high that anything other than a win would be a disappointment IMO.

However, isn't it significant if Ossoff finishes with 49% of the vote or something, and implies a sea shift in the college educated electorate?

Then it just means we are holding steady at '16 levels in terms of the demographic change of college-educated whites; but we don't need that special election to confirm that; we already see this pattern in cross tabs for public opinion polls.

That means Trump's trade of ties for hard hats is trickling down the ballot. If Ossof gets past 49%, countering Trump's GOP simply means going after the voters he's taking for granted. Otherwise, Democrats are stuck with waiting for a down turn and running Sanderistas. The entire schtick of "Republicans can take their voters for granted, Hillary wasn't liberal enough, and PP should say Roe went too far" then holds true. A vote for Ossoff is a vote against that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »

But with nearly three hours left. They will most likely exceed that especially in the last couple of hours when people leave work.

dekalb county democrats, for the most part, either don't work or work at jobs like wendy's and raising cane's where they can't get off from work to vote

This is northern DeKalb genius, mostly white collar, educated, and suburban, not the inner city part.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:50 PM »

While the drama is in Georgia tonight, I haven't seen anyone post the results page for SC-05, so here it is: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/south-carolina-house-special-election
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »

I know a whole family that lives in this part of DeKalb, two engineers and one administrator, all Puerto Rican, and they all voted for Ossoff today. Get your foot out of your mouth marty.
bilaps
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »

again good news coming from so called experts on twitter about turnout for democrats. landing again will not be soft.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »

While the drama is in Georgia tonight, I haven't seen anyone post the results page for SC-05, so here it is: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/south-carolina-house-special-election

Fake News!

Also, the primary results might be a good indicator for what to watch as results come in:
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia-house-special-election-district-6

I couldn't find a link from the general election page, but the in the primary Ossoff was 2% off. You could just add 2% to every precinct for a rough target list by precinct.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »

mmk I went ahead and added both nyt results pages to the main post
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2017, 04:19:24 PM »

I know a whole family that lives in this part of DeKalb, two engineers and one administrator, all Puerto Rican, and they all voted for Ossoff today. Get your foot out of your mouth marty.

He's been reading too much of the daily stormer, you know the GOP these days, helping perpetuate gun culture and guns in blue areas and getting off scotch free when shooting people while in uniform, too much violence.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »

Any of our resident experts on GA-06 know which areas tend to report votes earlier/later?

Also, do they tend to dump EVs separately at the very beginning or include with individual precinct results as a consolidated total?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »

Any of our resident experts on GA-06 know which areas tend to report votes earlier/later?

Also, do they tend to dump EVs separately at the very beginning or include with individual precinct results as a consolidated total?

If I remember correctly from the first round, the EV dumps in totality for each of the three counties.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »

If I remember correctly from the first round, the EV dumps in totality for each of the three counties.
No it comes in a lot more piecemeal than that. First early vote results in round 1 were out of a few precincts in DeKalb.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2017, 04:42:23 PM »

EV should be first followed by ED. Since most machines report to the county election office it should be Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton in that order. I should warn people that Ossoff Friendly precincts may turn in first do to proximity. This probably why it took so long for him to finally drop 50% in April primary.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2017, 04:49:57 PM »

DDHQ will report some of the election day vote long before the state does, which should hopefully be enough for a good sense of how the ED vote is heading.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2017, 04:55:19 PM »

DDHQ will report some of the election day vote long before the state does, which should hopefully be enough for a good sense of how the ED vote is heading.
I remember someone was on the ground taking photos of election day vote outputs from the vote counting machines. Not sure if he was with ddhq.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »

I hope Ossoff wins.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2017, 04:58:00 PM »

I can't follow PredictIt. It makes me nauseous. and the comments are vile
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »

Nate Cohen wants to make sure everyone remembers that's only the in person early vote will be first. Mail in early vote will cone much later and will lean more Dem.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2017, 05:00:34 PM »

What time do the polls close
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2017, 05:01:36 PM »

7pm Eastern, except for two precincts that will be open until 7:30 due to technical issues this morning.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »

I can't follow PredictIt. It makes me nauseous. and the comments are vile

Yusky is by far the worst.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »

Regardless of outcome, we're sure to see a ton of hot (and hyperbolic) takes. Should be amusing and/or really frustrating.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2017, 05:04:39 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2017, 05:09:54 PM by Fmr. Pres. Griffin »

Just like in most GA elections, the early vote in each of the counties will dump to varying degrees over the first hour, then Cobb and North Dekalb will likely start coming in in large chunks after 8 PM (with Cobb fully wrapping up after Dekalb), and Fulton will inevitably screw something up and be late as hell tallying all of its votes. Fulton also has the longest distance for poll workers to drive to report results, so that factors in as well.

Depending on how streamlined early vote counting is, we may not have anything reported before 7:30-7:45.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »

7pm Eastern, except for two precincts that will be open until 7:30 due to technical issues this morning.
Thank You
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2017, 05:06:27 PM »

Regardless of outcome, we're sure to see a ton of hot (and hyperbolic) takes. Should be amusing and/or really frustrating.

To keep things in perspective...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies