MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:28:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Gov: Don't be Jealous!  (Read 32100 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: July 14, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »

Sanders got annihilated in Maryland though. Clinton beat him by 30 points.

In a head to head race. 35% of the vote wins if your two opponents get 32.5 each.

Agreed, plus depending on who else runs I could imagine Ben doing better with the African American community than Bernie did.

Plus like... He's the former head of the NAACP, which engaged in political campaigns in Maryland under his tenure. I'm pretty sure he's acquainted with the political dynamics of the Maryland Democratic party. I'll assume he didn't get in saying "oh yeah my message is just gonna resonate and I'm going to win."

Being the former head of the NAACP didn't help Kweisi Mfume in his run for Senate, and Mfume was much more qualified than Jealous. Jealous and Baker could easily split the black vote in the primary, but if Raskin comes out swinging for Jealous, he could do well in the 8th.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:12:15 PM »

Nurses are very different from doctors - doctors are normally a group impossible to please in health reforms (they were the biggest opponents of the NHS, for example; and simultaneously now the NHS is in place are the biggest opponents of Tory "free market reforms"). American doctors have large amounts of student debt and fear that single payer will lessen their incomes (disproportionately high compared with many countries) and mean they are less likely to pay back their debt. This may be an unfounded fear:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3110239/

but it is understandable, especially as most doctors in America associate government funded insurance with being paid less. As Bevan found, any move to single-payer would probably require a few mouths to be stuffed with gold.

Probably the inverse: that more doctors are Democrats.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »

How sad. Life really is fickle...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies