How would you vote on Trumpcare?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:14:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you vote on Trumpcare?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How would you vote on Trumpcare?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: How would you vote on Trumpcare?  (Read 2598 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2017, 10:19:51 PM »

No! (D). Totally heartless. Taking healthcare from the people who need it most, just so the richest 400 families can get even more money they don't need. Not even supported by general public in any state.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »

The only correct answer: Hell NO!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:29:06 PM »

To quote John McDonnell: "I would swim through vomit to vote against this bill!"
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 11:33:20 PM »

All my ladies listen up
If that Trump ain't giving up
Lick your lips and swing your hips
Girl all you gotta say is...

My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
Nah to the ah to the no, no, no
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:38:33 PM »

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:54 AM »

The only correct answer: Hell NO!
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 01:18:20 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2017, 01:21:42 AM by ERM64man »

No because it cuts Medicaid
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 08:42:30 AM »

To quote John McDonnell: "I would swim through vomit to vote against this bill!"

This

(I would have voted for the bill John McDonnell was talking about though Wink).

I do wonder who that one yes vote is though.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »

No (R)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »

I like having health insurance, so no.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »

No. I would have voted against ObamaCare.

So far, the only solely Republican proposal I like is the FPA of 2017.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »

This bill is pure evil.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »

Yes, but it won't really fix the situation.  To fix the healthcare market, you would have to make it a 100% private, free market system.  That, combined with repealing the safety net entirely, would actually cure poverty, instead of putting a Band-Aid on it.  Then, everyone could just go to the doctor and pay the cost out-of-pocket (I might also ban low-deductible insurance).  But, I would vote yes on anything that would defund Planned Parenthood (even if it was something that would do harm elsewhere, not that this falls into that category).  Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2017, 03:35:51 PM by LouisvilleThunder »

Yes, but it won't really fix the situation.  To fix the healthcare market, you would have to make it a 100% private, free market system.  That, combined with repealing the safety net entirely, would actually cure poverty, instead of putting a Band-Aid on it.  Then, everyone could just go to the doctor and pay the cost out-of-pocket (I might also ban low-deductible insurance).  But, I would vote yes on anything that would defund Planned Parenthood (even if it was something that would do harm elsewhere, not that this falls into that category).  Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.
If we get rid of medicare and medicaid, then tens of millions of people will not be able to afford to get any medical treatment which is shameful for the richest country on Earth. I don't care about government funding for planned parenthood, but removing medicare and medicaid will kill even more people than you imagine.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 03:35:30 PM »

Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.

Could you possibly be more hyperbolic, please? I want to see how far out into la-la land you can get. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 03:37:34 PM »

Yes, but it won't really fix the situation.  To fix the healthcare market, you would have to make it a 100% private, free market system.  That, combined with repealing the safety net entirely, would actually cure poverty, instead of putting a Band-Aid on it.  Then, everyone could just go to the doctor and pay the cost out-of-pocket (I might also ban low-deductible insurance).  But, I would vote yes on anything that would defund Planned Parenthood (even if it was something that would do harm elsewhere, not that this falls into that category).  Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.
If we get rid of medicare and medicaid, then tens of millions of people will not be able to afford to get any medical treatment which is shameful for the richest country on Earth.

If only President Johnson had not started the "War on Poverty" [sic] and family values had not declined in the 1960s and 1970s, poverty was on track to be fully extinct by the early 1980s.  If we get rid of all entitlements and successfully bring back family values, I think we can eradicate poverty entirely in 10 years, meaning that no one would ever not be able to afford health care.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »

Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.

Could you possibly be more hyperbolic, please? I want to see how far out into la-la land you can get. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
Relax, he's just misguided by corporate propaganda that uses religious excuses to promote their deadly ideology.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2017, 06:03:49 AM by Torie »

Relax, he's just misguided by corporate propaganda that uses religious excuses to promote their deadly ideology.

No. I am tired of American politics catering to organized Christianity, beyond reason, beyond evidence, beyond common sense. ... [Torie]
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2017, 03:42:25 PM by LouisvilleThunder »

Yes, but it won't really fix the situation.  To fix the healthcare market, you would have to make it a 100% private, free market system.  That, combined with repealing the safety net entirely, would actually cure poverty, instead of putting a Band-Aid on it.  Then, everyone could just go to the doctor and pay the cost out-of-pocket (I might also ban low-deductible insurance).  But, I would vote yes on anything that would defund Planned Parenthood (even if it was something that would do harm elsewhere, not that this falls into that category).  Planned Parenthood is more evil than Hitler and Osama Bin Laden combined in terms of how many lives they have killed.
If we get rid of medicare and medicaid, then tens of millions of people will not be able to afford to get any medical treatment which is shameful for the richest country on Earth.

If only President Johnson had not started the "War on Poverty" [sic] and family values had not declined in the 1960s and 1970s, poverty was on track to be fully extinct by the early 1980s.  If we get rid of all entitlements and successfully bring back family values, I think we can eradicate poverty entirely in 10 years, meaning that no one would ever not be able to afford health care.
How exactly do you think this idea will actually work? Where's your evidence?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2017, 06:04:19 AM by Torie »

No. I am tired of American politics catering to organized Christianity, beyond reason, beyond evidence, beyond common sense. ...
Religious faith itself isn't the problem, it's when the government and businesses use those institutions to promote fear and hatred of the "other" to divide the populace so that they get obedience and profits from hard working decent people who are brainwashed into these ideologies from a young age.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2017, 08:27:18 PM by Santander »

Yes (R), but unfortunately it is Obamacare-lite.

Please tone it down. You do not actually believe that, because if you did, you would've supported the Planned Parenthood shooting (I assume you supported the killing of Osama), which you obviously did not.

Even among pro-lifers, there is no consensus on when life begins. Nobody knows when life begins. We believe life begins before birth and that unborn lives deserve protection, but some others have different views. We can be morally and politically opposed to their beliefs without being so over the top.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 11:51:21 PM »

Hell no (I/O).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 03:39:00 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 03:46:30 AM by publicunofficial »

If only President Johnson had not started the "War on Poverty" [sic] and family values had not declined in the 1960s and 1970s, poverty was on track to be fully extinct by the early 1980s.  If we get rid of all entitlements and successfully bring back family values, I think we can eradicate poverty entirely in 10 years, meaning that no one would ever not be able to afford health care.

Stuff like this is why you're my favorite s**tposter. Absolute gold.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 05:11:45 AM »

Stuff like this is why you're my favorite s**tposter. Absolute gold.
Yeah, he sounds so cute!
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 05:14:28 AM »

Hey, it's better than the uberhardcore Randian view on this (even though I'm a bit of an Ayn Rand fan).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies