Edit: Problem Solved
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:27:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Edit: Problem Solved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Edit: Problem Solved  (Read 3988 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2004, 04:09:46 PM »
« edited: April 30, 2004, 01:07:20 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

Gustaf, has taken upon himself to be unfair. He has deleted the post of others on the request of JFK. However, when I request when post that are off-topic from my thread are deleted - he refuses. Not only do I find the requesting of deletion of other post wrong but I find the inconsistancy outrageous. The moderator is suppose to be fair. Every rule should apply to all. Dave Liep would never do this. I am not attacking Gustaf the person but rather his actions. I know a lot of people here likes Gustaf, so they would hesitate to say anything. I find his actions questionable, not him. This is not personal. This is about justice and applying the rules fairly. Before you flame me about how much you disagree with what I am doing, remember this, I am not attacking Gustaf, but his actions. I will not go silent while an injustice is happening.

Thank You
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 04:11:13 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2004, 04:15:13 PM by Beet »

This is the consequence of a misunderstanding. The deleteing of some posts on the original New Era thread was not meant to be personal. ShapeShifter no reason to make it personal. Lets not have this happen again.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 04:17:43 PM »

This is absurd.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 04:21:40 PM »

Fair enough, Pete.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 04:23:30 PM »

Just to state that I am inferring Shapeshifter to be a troll rather than engaging in trolling, as you can see I have changed my name (I did however decide to not go back to my original name)
ShapeShifter

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 04:26:32 PM »

This is the consequence of a misunderstanding. The deleteing of some posts on the original New Era thread was not meant to be personal. ShapeShifter no reason to make it personal. Lets not have this happen again.

Huh? why did you change your post? your original was much better. How can I not see it personal, if everyone is always trying to take a shot at me.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 04:28:59 PM »

Just to state that I am inferring Shapeshifter to be a troll rather than engaging in trolling, as you can see I have changed my name (I did however decide to not go back to my original name)

yet another personal attack on me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 04:30:29 PM »

Huh? why did you change your post? your original was much better. How can I not see it personal, if everyone is always trying to take a shot at me.

hehe...you bring it upon yourself, don't you see that?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 04:31:28 PM »

shapey is out there man
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 04:32:58 PM »

yet another personal attack on me.

Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we aren't all really out to get you
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »

Just forget it. This whole controversy is stupid. I dont think ShapeShifter is trying to be trollish on purpose but I know what Gustaf is saying, in that, Shape takes things too personally when they are not.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 04:34:45 PM »

Just forget it. This whole controversy is stupid. I dont think ShapeShifter is trying to be trollish on purpose but I know what Gustaf is saying, in that, Shape takes things too personally when they are not.

He's the kind who likes conflicts and always victimizes himself at every turn. Always thinks that people are being mean to him when in fact he's just wrong.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 06:36:27 PM »

He's the kind who likes conflicts and always victimizes himself at every turn. Always thinks that people are being mean to him when in fact he's just wrong.

I am not wrong and you are only making matters worst. You shouldn't be moderator of this board. The power has gotten to your head. Your actions have been rather inconsistant and hypocritical. Why have you not delted the post I ask you to delete? I don't see why asking for this is being a jerk, when JFK has done the same thing. You are be rather unfair with your characterization of me as a person who likes conflicts and victimize myself. These are not words of a moderator. Dave Liep would never do such a thing. Moderators should be able to keep above the fray and never personally attack people.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 06:51:29 PM »

Why do you feel he is biased against you Shape?  I mean, what do you feel is "behind" it, such as politics etc.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 07:02:38 PM »

Why do you feel he is biased against you Shape?  I mean, what do you feel is "behind" it, such as politics etc.

Because I actually dared to disagree with him from time to time. I am sure some people have disagreed with him but people tend to shy away. For example, John the forum troll. If you ever complain about him, you better be ready for 10 post after it saying "leave him a lone!"
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 07:16:45 PM »

So did he delete only your post when he was singling you out?  I think he just decided against it based on the context rather than the requesting person.

Perhaps he wouldn't delete posts if I asked him, I assume he uses his own discretion as to what seems reasonable.  You seem to stand alone on this issue.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 07:27:41 PM »

So did he delete only your post when he was singling you out?  I think he just decided against it based on the context rather than the requesting person.

Perhaps he wouldn't delete posts if I asked him, I assume he uses his own discretion as to what seems reasonable.  You seem to stand alone on this issue.

Of course I stand a lone. Almost every person on this forum is scared of Gust. They know that if they disagree with Gus or have an argument - everyone comes to the rescue.

The point is. He said, I deleted the post because the auther, JFK, has asked me to delete any post that had nothing to do with signing. I thought this to be rather odd. Even Dave would not do such a thing. So, I was like , okay fine - since the author of the thread can make such request, why can't I do the same? Guess what? He deleted some of my request then stopped and called me a jerk. Do you not see how that can be rather unfair? Moderators shouldn't in the first place delete post because the author of the thread say so - because it is off-topic. How many of us go off-topic and how many time Dave deletes post? Very rare. If you are going to make a rule that post having little to do with the thread should be deleted, then you should enforce it. Gustaf has called me a jerk and has only encouraged others to play along and personally attack me. I am not saying Gus said, "hey everyone lets jump on ShapeShifter" But when you keep making pot shots at me, it only encourages others to follow along. I don't think the moderator should be doing this. That is why I asked, we should change the moderator to someone who can stay above all that. Like Nym or Dunn and many others who would I am sure do a much better job and be as good as Dave.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 07:34:58 PM »

I'm not scared to criticize Gustaf, I think if everyone was then everyone wouldn't be coming to his rescue.

Again, I think he denied your request because it didn't make as much sense as clearing up a signature thread.  Perhaps comparing it to a more similar case would prove your point.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 07:37:58 PM »

I'm not scared to criticize Gustaf, I think if everyone was then everyone wouldn't be coming to his rescue.

Again, I think he denied your request because it didn't make as much sense as clearing up a signature thread.  Perhaps comparing it to a more similar case would prove your point.

Thank You Lunar. I understand your point of view. See, this could have just been avoided, if someone can talk to me in this matter. Thank you for the respect. Now, I understand where I might have exaggerated the point.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 11:48:51 AM »

Because I actually dared to disagree with him from time to time. I am sure some people have disagreed with him but people tend to shy away. For example, John the forum troll. If you ever complain about him, you better be ready for 10 post after it saying "leave him a lone!"

Gee...you don't think pepole have disagree with me in the past? People are scared of me?

You were being a jerk. I was not being inconsistent. My job as a moderator is to help people. You just dug up a bunch of old threads. You spammed my mail with 22 requests to delete posts that no one cared about anymore. That was childish and stupid of you, plain and simple.

And you also seem to coveniently forget that I'm a poster at the forum, not an administrator, like Dave Leip is. I was picked to help moderate the fantasy part, since I am known NOT to make things personal. I have been very lenient with deleting of posts as well, much more so than I might have.

And the point has never been off-topic posts. I don't think that I have ever even used that expression. The point was littering a thread with a specific purpose. Like a voting thread or a signature thread.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 01:29:38 PM »

Gee...you don't think pepole have disagree with me in the past? People are scared of me?

You were being a jerk. I was not being inconsistent. My job as a moderator is to help people. You just dug up a bunch of old threads. You spammed my mail with 22 requests to delete posts that no one cared about anymore. That was childish and stupid of you, plain and simple.

And you also seem to coveniently forget that I'm a poster at the forum, not an administrator, like Dave Leip is. I was picked to help moderate the fantasy part, since I am known NOT to make things personal. I have been very lenient with deleting of posts as well, much more so than I might have.

And the point has never been off-topic posts. I don't think that I have ever even used that expression. The point was littering a thread with a specific purpose. Like a voting thread or a signature thread.

You do make things person. You try to protray yourself as being above it all.

I was not spamming your e-mail account. I was requesting for some post to be deleted - especially the post with personal attacks. You refuse to. Calling me a jerk and childish only makes things worst. You shouldn't be the moderator in my opinion because of this and other reason.

I tried to make the tone of the debate civil. I even admited to Lunar that I might have over-reacted but you continue to make things worst.

I am not going to contribute to your name-calling because that would only make me look worst. How does a picture of a troll contribute to the forum? And saying, paraphrasing here, "I don't like so and so, he is an as-hole" huh?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 01:31:19 PM »

This an example of why you shouldn't be the moderator. This is not constructive by saying, paraphrasing here, " you deserve it"
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004, 01:57:32 PM »

I was not spamming your e-mail account. I was requesting for some post to be deleted - especially the post with personal attacks. You refuse to. Calling me a jerk and childish only makes things worst. You shouldn't be the moderator in my opinion because of this and other reason.

I tried to make the tone of the debate civil. I even admited to Lunar that I might have over-reacted but you continue to make things worst.

I am not going to contribute to your name-calling because that would only make me look worst. How does a picture of a troll contribute to the forum? And saying, paraphrasing here, "I don't like so and so, he is an as-hole" huh?

Being above it all? I am not above you attacking me...I have however managed to avoid personal conflicts on the forum.

I am not saying that those posts are contributing to the forum.

I am not 'calling' you childish or a jerk. You are both of those things. You have said that it's spineless to try and be popular and that people should stand up for themselves. At the same time you seem to expect me to not respond to your attacks on me.

You were requesting for like 30 posts to be deleted. I got more reports from you than I did during the Civil War. I in fact got more reports from you on a single post than I did on everything throughout the civil war. And that's even counting the mock reports I recieved from participants in that same war.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2004, 03:32:12 PM »

Being above it all? I am not above you attacking me...I have however managed to avoid personal conflicts on the forum.

I am not 'calling' you childish or a jerk. You are both of those things. You have said that it's spineless to try and be popular and that people should stand up for themselves. At the same time you seem to expect me to not respond to your attacks on me.

You were requesting for like 30 posts to be deleted. I got more reports from you than I did during the Civil War. I in fact got more reports from you on a single post than I did on everything throughout the civil war. And that's even counting the mock reports I recieved from participants in that same war.

You are exaggerating the whole event. Calm down. I am not even going to contribute to your name calling. Going to keep this civil for now - unlike you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2004, 03:55:46 PM »

You are exaggerating the whole event. Calm down. I am not even going to contribute to your name calling. Going to keep this civil for now - unlike you.

I am exaggerating the whole event? You started it precisely by doing that. You brought up 1984. Explain that please.

I am perfectly calm. If I wasn't calm I wouldn't be this nice and civil to you. I would be much, much worse.

You were being civil saying that the power had gone to my head?

And, once again, I am not resorting to name-calling. Only pointing out the simple fact that you were being childish and acting like a jerk. Once again, if I was name-calling, I could do much worse than that, believe me.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies