An open letter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:14:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An open letter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An open letter  (Read 1636 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2004, 05:21:31 PM »
« edited: April 29, 2004, 06:01:59 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

I am going to try to explain myself to the best I can....

1. i agree with harry and everyone thinks i am retarded because i thought harry should be declare the winner...

2. then some ppl starts using me as a scapegoat, saying i am the reason why this board is the way it is...

3. then you get that peter_bell talking about assassinating, and I don't think joking about killing someone is really funny

4. okay, i admit, I did make a thread saying I pooped in my seat and resigned my seat because I was sort of making fun at emsworth resignation and thought my comments to be funny.

5. okay, i admit, i was PBsucks. i thought that the whole civil war thing was utter non-sense, so I wanted to turn things rather extreme to make people realize how stupid it was. which after what I did, people did start to realize the consequence of their actions - which is utter disorder and disregard for the board. I personally would like to take this chance to say, Sorry to TexasGurl. I acted immature and had absolutely nothing personal against you. If you don't forgive me, I can understand. I also would like to say sorry to PB - I have nothing really against you, just that we disagree a lot and I am letting that get the best of me.

6. it was going downhill, I admit, I might had felt everyone was going after me. people were saying I was the cause of the foul mood in the board because I passionately disagree who won the district 4 race. it was based on the constitution and I was not making it up. my opinion was based on something and not partisan politics. I really don't care who gets elected - may it be a republican or democrat in the seat. it is just a game, having a republican senator is not going to affect me. i think we all took it seriously. we should just had let harry have the seat. there was really no one in the southeast left prior to the deadline.

7. okay, this is gonna be even harder to say. Sorry Gus. I over-reacted and I don't hate you or have something against you. I just don't like having my post deleted. I don't like people muffling my voice. I over-reacted. I should had just let it go.

8. I hope stop trying to protray me as this villian because in real life, I am not a nasty person but rather passionte. Some people think I am here to start a fight but on the contrary. I just like to debate. I know I get rather hyped up and may say rather stupid things. I am not crazy or out to pick a fight, just passionate. I also think we all can learn to let others have their opinion and not let it bother you. In this time, our nation is getting rather polarized because of this. People are becoming increasely intolerate to other people's view when it is different.

Sign

Robert
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 05:30:23 PM »

Wow....quite a revelation.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 08:43:32 PM »

Just to clarify some things that some people have brought to my attention. I am not trying to say, what I did was excusable. What I did was wrong. There is not excuse at all to make it right. I just wanted to honestly and in an open matter, explain what motivated my stupid, idiotic, childish acts.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 09:51:56 PM »

Not to mention you were trying to frame me or Apostle...
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 10:01:11 PM »

I don't think you're a bad person in real life.  I'm not a bad person in real life either.  I felt just as strongly about the District 4 race as you (possibly stronger, as I live in the district and it directly impacts me).

I have to say...I agree with you on one thing.  Harry should have been simply declared winner.  Had that happened, I would've still be pissed off, but I would've let it go eventually.

What the SC did, though, by allowing a new election--with just one candidate--was completely ridiculous and out of line.  I can't let that go.  When the SC decided on a new election not allowing anyone else to run, that opened up a whole new can of worms and got me pissed off again--and this time, at a completely different election.

I don't like Iraq-style elections where one person is already guaranteed to win prior to the voting.  That isn't fair.  That is dictatorial.  And that is the way our Supreme Court acted.

And Nym is the person who appointed the dictatorial members of the Supreme Court.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 10:02:25 PM »

Not to mention you were trying to frame me or Apostle...

O, Bgwah, I totally forgot. I will like to take this moment, this now, to say - sorry. You don't deserve that.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 10:04:35 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2004, 10:06:58 PM by Senator ShapeShifter »

I don't think you're a bad person in real life.  I'm not a bad person in real life either.  I felt just as strongly about the District 4 race as you (possibly stronger, as I live in the district and it directly impacts me).

I have to say...I agree with you on one thing.  Harry should have been simply declared winner.  Had that happened, I would've still be pissed off, but I would've let it go eventually.

What the SC did, though, by allowing a new election--with just one candidate--was completely ridiculous and out of line.  I can't let that go.  When the SC decided on a new election not allowing anyone else to run, that opened up a whole new can of worms and got me pissed off again--and this time, at a completely different election.

I don't like Iraq-style elections where one person is already guaranteed to win prior to the voting.  That isn't fair.  That is dictatorial.  And that is the way our Supreme Court acted.

And Nym is the person who appointed the dictatorial members of the Supreme Court.

GwBFan, don't you see how beautiful this moment is? You have been given a second chance to let go. You did not let go the first time, but now, you have another chance. Isn't that beautiful? Smiley Read your post again. Sorry for calling you a whiner before Smiley I hope you can let it go.

We all are our own personal time machine.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 10:25:47 PM »

GwBFan, don't you see how beautiful this moment is? You have been given a second chance to let go. You did not let go the first time, but now, you have another chance. Isn't that beautiful? Smiley Read your post again. Sorry for calling you a whiner before Smiley I hope you can let it go.

Smiley  I could turn back now, yes.  And end this.  But I'm not going to.  My beef against you is over though.  You aren't a member of the SC, so you had nothing to do with wanting to go the Saddam route with a 1 man election.  So... wanna shake hands and make up?

::extends hand to Shapeshifter::
ShapeShifter

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 11:11:40 PM »

Smiley  I could turn back now, yes.  And end this.  But I'm not going to.  My beef against you is over though.  You aren't a member of the SC, so you had nothing to do with wanting to go the Saddam route with a 1 man election.  So... wanna shake hands and make up?

::extends hand to Shapeshifter::

::shakes hand with GWBbush::

Grin
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 06:03:51 PM »

I accept the apology to me. I usually am willing to do that when someone is prepared to present a sincere apology. Smiley

However, the issue of PBSucks is a different one, and mainly one for the people, primarily TexasGurl and PBrunsel, who were offended.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies