Why did Romney underperform so much? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why did Romney underperform so much? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Romney underperform so much?  (Read 11504 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: February 08, 2022, 10:06:27 PM »

Even with that stuff at hand, he still kept the race to less than five points. That is without a doubt the worst democrat victory since 1976. He also won more districts than Obama if I remember correctly (yes, I get the gerrymandering thing but whatever). Obama also did worse in total votes, states, electoral votes than he did in 2008. It wasn't a squeaker obviously, but to call Romney's loss a landslide would be foolish.

Democrat isn't an adjective. Use the correct terminology if you're going to subject this forum to the intellectual fecal matter that you're passing off as analysis.

I think you were too harsh with him here (although this was from over three years ago). U.S. Election Atlas has used "Democrat" as the party label for Democratic nominees in state results pages for older elections (pre-2000). And the remainder of what he says here is valid-that Obama's victory was the weakest for a Democratic incumbent in decades, and that Obama performed weaker, compared to 2008, with regards to just about every metric. He was the first President winning reelection to do so with fewer electoral and popular votes since Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1940 and 1944.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies