Office of Southern Speaker fhtagn
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:07:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Speaker fhtagn
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Southern Speaker fhtagn  (Read 713 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:17:07 AM »
« edited: July 03, 2017, 08:50:09 AM by Acting Governor fhtagn »

I want to start this by taking the time to apologize to the citizens of the greatest region in Atlasia: The South. By now, we have all seen the fallout that has happened in the Chamber of Delegates, and our failure to get a single bill passed without issues. This division is not something I want personally, and is not something I want for the people.

In this region, we have a wealth of strong minded, and strong willed individuals, especially in regional legislature. With so many strong people, sometimes it is difficult for us to take the time and see we are better off working together than we are buckling down, holding to our ideals (regardless of whether it's best for the people as a whole or not), and refusing to compromise. I myself have struggled with this, and have come to the realization that this is something we all need to change.

In the fallout that remained in the Chamber within the last few weeks, I've taken the time to assess who I consider to truly be looking out for my best interests, and who I consider to be the closest family in Atlasia. After some soul searching, and the kind support I have received from these individuals, I have come to the conclusion that my home is no longer with the Labor Party, but with the Federalist Party.

I know that this may come as a shock to those involved, especially those within my former party. I want those people to know that this is not personal, and not meant to take a stab at anyone, but an assessment of where was the best fit for my ideas and values. I do not want this decision to burn bridges, and I still pledge to support the best candidates for the positions they run for, regardless of party. This was something I promised you when I ran for the Chamber, and something you can safely bet that I will keep.

My vision of a stronger, united South will always be the biggest priority, and I hope that no matter which side of the aisle you call home, you can understand and agree.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:54:56 AM »

Care to specify which ideas and values make you more fit for the Feds, exactly? From what I see, the only thing putting you to the right of the game is supporting dfw, which is really nothing to switch parties over.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 07:51:48 AM »

Weird move imo but I don't care as long as you still stay true to progressive principles.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:46:42 PM »

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for the support and believing in me enough to push me over the finish line for reelection! This has certainly been a very exhausting and very stressful election cycle for everyone involved. I am proud that the people of the South feel strongly that I am capable of representing their values, and promise to make sure those values remain protected in my next term in the delegates.

I also want to take the time to congratulate the other delegates who have made it into the Chamber: Southern Gothic, JustinTimeCuber, TimTurner, and Ben Kenobi. I could not be more happy with the team we have going into this next term, and look forward to the great things we can accomplish for the people.

Once again, thank you everyone for your support!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2017, 07:10:21 PM by Southern Speaker fhtagn »

Under the Southern Constitution, Article III, Section 13, Governor NeverAgain is considered to have forfeited his office, his last activity as Governor having been posted on June 11, 2017, at 04:35:08 pm.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because of this, under Article III, Section 5, the Constitution compels me as Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates that I swear in under the role of Acting Governor until the conclusion of the special election that is to take place next Friday, June 30th (under Article III, section 6).

This is not what I was expecting to happen just days before the election for the House of Representatives, but I still have every intention to run and win in said election.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »

Never always seems to cause me more headaches when he does nothing, then when he is active.  Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »

Good Lord, so he has. Godspeed, Madam Governor. I've got work to do.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »

While we wait for the certification of the special election and swearing in,a I want to take the time to congratulate Governor-elect Leinad on his victory this weekend! I cannot think of anyone more qualified nor a better fit for this office than him, and am very excited to be working with you for a short time!

I also want to thank Delegate JustinTimeCuber for taking over my Speakership duties to help avoid conflicts of interest, as well as Delegates West_Midlander and TimTurner for their flexibility and patience during this hectic time.

That being said, I look forward to getting back to continuing the good work we have been doing!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies