Leinad For Governor: Platform Released (also: VOTE!!!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:23:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leinad For Governor: Platform Released (also: VOTE!!!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Leinad For Governor: Platform Released (also: VOTE!!!)  (Read 2861 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:59:12 AM »
« edited: June 30, 2017, 03:33:50 AM by Representative Leinad »

Candidate: Leinad (Fed-GA)
Experience: two-term Governor of the South pre-reset, first post-reset President, former/current legislator as well as presiding officer of both federal and regional legislatures
Election Date: June 30th-July 2nd

Campaign Timeline:

Announcement Speech in Baltimore, MD
Statement on the Election
Game Reform/Activity Plan
Platform

Endorsements:
Acting Southern Governor & Representative-Elect Fhtagn (Fed-NC)
People's House Speaker & Fmr President North Carolina Yankee (Fed-NC)
Former Mideast Governor Zuwo (Fed-KY)
Former Representative & Pacific Speaker Classic Conservative (Fed-OK)
Southern Citizen Vern1988 (Fed-NC)
Former Southern Delegate Ben Kenobi (Fed-TX)
Former Representative & Southern Delegate Santander (ACP-AL)
Southern Chamber Candidate FairBol (Fed-FL)
Southern Citizen DavidB (Fed-FL)
Southern Chamber Candidate Bagel23 (Fed-TX)
President of the Republic of Atlasia dfwlibertylover (Fed-ME)
Former People's House Speaker ClarkKent (Fed-UT)
Representative CMB222 (ACP-KS)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 06:55:05 AM by Representative Leinad »

Baltimore, Maryland, where "literally multiple" people watched Leinad make a speech on Monday morning.

Well, then.

The past couple weeks in Atlasia have been a whirlwind, have they not? I've seen a fair amount in this game--from communist takeovers, to mass deregistrations, parties coming and going, people coming and going, ideas succeeding and failing, one election tying multiple times, etc.--but many of the most surprising developments might be the ones I've seen recently. Both Labor's Chair and Chair-in-Spirit left the party to do...something, in the wake of dfw winning re-election in one of the largest landslides ever. Congratulations to him, by the way, and congratulations to my colleagues in the House, be it the re-elected Federalist-led coalition majority, or the Laborites elected alongside us.

That being said, the reason I'm saying this is that the fates have once again declared I should leave Nyman--specifically, that I should run for Governor in the upcoming special election. The Governorship of the South was vacated by NeverAgain. on account of him not posting for ten days. Now, I have no idea how on earth he did that, but regardless, my thoughts are with his family in these times. I was already thinking of running to fill the vacancy, but OneJ's abrupt deregistration has confirmed this: since no one seems to want to run, if I don't, the South might not even have a Governor! Tongue Also, I wish OneJ well, wherever he is... *Leinad looks solemnly into the distance, a single tear rolling down his face*

But we're not here to talk of what happened in the past, now, are we? Of course not! We're here to talk about what's about to happen. In other words, about THE REJUVENATION OF THE SOUTH!!!! I've been around long enough to know the ins and outs of what makes a regional government succeed, and what makes it fail. There is a large gap, of course, between a full slate of bills being debated, and a completely dormant region. But I've seen both, and everything in between, and I've seen a region go from one end of the spectrum to the other quickly, due to competent leadership or lack thereof. Thanks to the competent Speaker Fhtagn, we've avoided the latter, but due to some of the others, it's been a mess at times.

I will fix this. I will engage the Chamber constantly, but moreso than that, I will engage the entire region. I will have more information on this later in the week, but suffice it to say, this will make the South a bastion of activity once again.

Now, that's just step one. Atlasia is a political simulation game, not a "talking about activity" simulation game. Of course it's vital to be active, but that's meaningless if we don't put the focus on actually playing the game: more or less, introducing and debating legislation. I will follow a moderate libertarian ideology similar to President dfwlibertylover--"fiscally responsible, socially tolerant" or what have you. I recognize that there are good points of view by both the left and the right, and that being 100% in any direction is unworkable in reality. That being said, I don't think saying "both sides have good ideas Smiley" is sufficient--expect more in my comprehensive plan to be released later this week as well--apologies for not being able to release it now, but as I said, it's all happening so quickly!

I plan to have an active campaign, even if no challenges arise, because I have nothing better to do with my life I want to prove to you that I can be active as Governor. While you wait for me to release the further campaign material, don't hesitate to ask any questions you have!

Thanks for reading, everyone! Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:22:04 AM »

Wholeheartedly endorsed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:37:49 AM »

I am delighted to be able to endorse you for Governor, Leinad! Cheesy Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 08:00:52 AM »

An active leader with a plan is what our magnificent region desperately needs at this juncture - Endorsed!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »

Easy endorsement!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:17 AM »

Wishing you luck in your campaign. (but not too much Tongue )
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:33:26 AM »

You have my vote! And if elected to the CoD, I will do all I can to work with you to help make the South a better place for all!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »

Endorsed! Good luck Leinad!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »

Endorsed.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 01:19:28 PM »

I remember when you were Governor, way back in the days of yore. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 05:34:04 AM »

Thanks for the endorsements, everyone!
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 10:49:50 AM »

Endorsed! Smiley
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »

Endorsed.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 08:58:36 PM »

Completely and totally endorsed!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 09:51:58 PM »

Thanks, guys!

Official Statement On, Like, a Whole Bunch of People Running

On Monday, 2 people declare, on Teusday, 3 people declare. At this rate we'll have 14 candidates for Southern Governor--which, I mean, given the whirlwind it's been the last few days around here, might not be so impossible. Tongue

Personally, while this may not be the best development for my chances, I'm very excited by a 5-way election, and the twisting and turning saga that Atlasia has become is entertaining to say the least. Maybe some people in my position would be getting all antsy and asking people to drop out, but I welcome the unique challenge this presents.

Of course, several people are, rightfully, concerned about the game's future. Instability may be exciting, but there's always the chance it leaves us in a poor position when the dust settles. I don't want that, and I doubt any of you do. Which is why I think it's important that we elect a candidate for Governor who knows what they're doing and can stimulate activity, bringing about an exciting new era for this great region. In my humble opinion, the candidate to do that is me.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »

Endorsed, obviously.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »

thanks!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 04:19:42 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 04:22:07 AM by Representative Leinad »

Game Reform/Activity Plan

Is a game a game if no one plays it? No idea, but I don't intend to find that out. A key role of a Governor is to stimulate activity across the region. Ever since I've been in the game people have discussed The Activity Issue ad nauseum--people, including myself, have even discussed the fact that we've discussed it ad nauseum ad nauseum. Tongue While the problem is often overstated (the number of people in the past few days who have said the game is dead is more than it should be in that it is any at all, even though it's mostly for partisan reasons they've said it) it is true Atlasia certainly has room for improvement. If you elect me to be your Governor, I will make it my mission to have the South lead the way in that improvement!

Communication Between Officeholders

When I was Governor of the old South, now over a year ago, me and Speaker Haslam were in frequent communication. And when I was Speaker of the current Southern Chamber last year, I PM'd the Delegates every time a bill was introduced or came to a vote. Communication is key to maintaining engagement and keeping the regional government moving. As Governor I will keep up dialogue with the Speaker, whoever that will end up being, and will personally PM inactive Delegates to get active.

Consideration of Government Structure Reform

I've long been an opponent of three cookie-cutter regions. Fortunately we don't really have that--there are differences--but still, I strongly support regions trying out unconventional ideas, be it districts, a lieutenant governor, or bicameralism (which is probably too many offices, but, if we're already looking at a 7-member chamber--which I mostly support--it's not too far-fetched). I'm not suggesting there's a need for any specific reform--our problems aren't structural ones, they can instead be solved by more engaged gameplay--but rather to consider things that can add an extra dimension to the game, like the regional party system we already added.

Some of you may wonder why I'm wanting to start a conversation on game reform, but actually, that was already done by dfw's confederation plan. Tongue Whether you like it or not, game reform is once again being thrusted into the national spotlight. So, we need a candidate who has experience dealing with game reform, so we don't waste time or end up passing sloppy or self-defeating "reforms." I was the Deputy Presiding Officer of the most recent Constitutional Convention, and in charge of the Southern Regional Committee to create our own constitution, so I don't think it's a reach to say I'm the best candidate on that. Tongue

Weekly Update

The "Weekly Update" will be exactly what it says--a weekly update on my activities as Governor of the region. I tried this briefly when I was Governor of the pre-reset South, but it never really caught on. This time it will. I have a bunch of ideas for places I could take this, and I suppose I could share some of them, but I'd much rather save it for when I'm elected (i.e. don't screw this up--elect me! Tongue). The point of it all is this: an active presence on the AFE board to make Atlasia even more fun than it already is.

stay tuned for my upcoming campaign releases...
CMB222
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 10:01:38 PM »

Endorsed for high preference.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »

I don't often agree with Clark(o) and I don't often agree with Ted - but I get along with everybody - but I say this every night, every day, every afternoon, and it's so true: LEINAD IS A MESS
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 02:49:55 AM »

I don't often agree with Clark(o) and I don't often agree with Ted - but I get along with everybody - but I say this every night, every day, every afternoon, and it's so true: LEINAD IS A MESS

The Leinad campaign is such a success that even leaders of irrelevant joke parties are driven into a frenzy by it! Wink

Thanks!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 02:53:43 AM »

Platform

As promised, I'll telling you my plan for the South. My core beliefs, even behind layers of pragmatism, realism, and maybe even some centrism, are more or less this: people have the right to, within the parameters of reality, live their lives how they choose. I'm not an ancap--there are definitely roles for government to intervene in things--but those interventions should still be based around the concept of letting people live their lives how they choose. Government assistance should be a bridge to let people thrive independent of government, instead of a permanent situation.

Get The South Working!

One quick look at the unemployment figures for the South shows you that Labor hasn't made a dent when it comes to getting the South to work. This is important: whether it's parents not able to get a job to support their children, young people unable to get a start in the workforce, or any situation, these are real people (well, fake people, but real fake people) who are hurting because they can't get employment.

I'm open to listening to different ways to fix this, but one thing that comes to mind is making a reformed, unified corporate tax code for the South. One element I would like to include in that is tax deductions for hirings and pay raises, which is a great way to stimulate job growth.

And even if you disagree with me on policy, it's a fact that unemployment in Atlasia is heavily affected by activity, so once again reason to vote for me.

Criminal Justice Reform

One of the most important roles government has, if not the most important role, is keeping people safe. It is a sad reality that some people should be punished for crimes, but our focus should be with prevention and rehabilitation. Both the prison system and police system need to be reformed in order to make the system what it was supposed to be: something that keeps people safe, instead of making people feel threatened. I think we can all agree on this: when there is so much hostility and distrust with the thing that is there to protect people, that is a problem.

Sensible, Responsible Solutions

Of course, there are other problems that we will work to solve. Our infrastructure system is in collapse, awaiting funds that have been promised but have never been delivered. I will work with the federal government and our Chamber of Delegates to ensure that we have the best healthcare system available for the citizens of the Southern region. Finally, I will focus on ensuring that our children have a bright future by working with the Chamber to increase funding for education and make sure that proper standards are in place for a fun and efficient education system. While it is true that some of these things may require an increase in funding, we still have a substantial surplus to work with--so tax hikes will not be needed--and this necessary investment in our present and future will pay off this and more.

With your help, the South will enter a new era of success. I hope to have your vote, but even if not, I hope you'll help me make the South the awesomest it's ever been! Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 03:31:07 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266829.msg5724187#msg5724187
My office has released a congralutory statement.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »

Congrats, Governor-elect!

Looking forward to handing the office over to capable hands!
Excited to be working with you!
(Even if for a short time Tongue )
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies