SC allows partial travel ban pending appeal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:13:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SC allows partial travel ban pending appeal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC allows partial travel ban pending appeal  (Read 1889 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« on: June 26, 2017, 10:00:00 AM »

Prevents banning folks that have familial connections in the United States, have been admitted to school in the United States, have accepted a job, or are coming for business. Means only a small minority of folks will be banned.

Yeah, I think people on the left are over-reacting a bit to this decision. Still, Trumps impending tweet gloating about his "partial victory" is making my stomach feel queasy. 
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »

Apparently this decision was 6 to 3, meaning there was a liberal justice who supported this move.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 10:12:21 AM »

Apparently this decision was 6 to 3, meaning there was a liberal justice who supported this move.

All nine justices supported at least partial reinstatement. The three dissenters wanted full reinstatement.

Ahh, I misunderstood.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 01:30:50 PM by Senator PiT, PPT »

So a half a**ed reinstatement of the banned that only covers people who have no ties in this country? Well that's the closest thing to a "win" Trump has gotten

Yes clearly I'm devastated that a partial part of the ban that doesn't effect regular muslims wanting to live here will be in place until the October hearing

Any connection to the US must be prexisting, long lasting and documented.

It says nothing about length of time.

It literally says a Job Offer or speaking engagement is enough.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 01:31:25 PM by Senator PiT, PPT »

So a half a**ed reinstatement of the banned that only covers people who have no ties in this country? Well that's the closest thing to a "win" Trump has gotten

Yes clearly I'm devastated that a partial part of the ban that doesn't effect regular muslims wanting to live here will be in place until the October hearing

Any connection to the US must be prexisting, long lasting and documented.

It says nothing about length of time.

It literally says a Job Offer or speaking engagement is enough.

Long-lasting as in preexisiting documented family ties. Bona-fide as in real job and accepted university students, Not a sham set up by liberal groups. Guess who bears the burden of proof? Even the most liberal fake news sites are pointing out that the ban is in effect for "most situations." The situations noted by the court are the EXCEPTIONS not the rule.

Oh, Guess I can put you on ignore then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies