Edit: Problem Solved (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:51:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Edit: Problem Solved (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edit: Problem Solved  (Read 3980 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: April 28, 2004, 04:30:29 PM »

This is the consequence of a misunderstanding. The deleteing of some posts on the original New Era thread was not meant to be personal. ShapeShifter no reason to make it personal. Lets not have this happen again.

Huh? why did you change your post? your original was much better. How can I not see it personal, if everyone is always trying to take a shot at me.

hehe...you bring it upon yourself, don't you see that?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 04:34:45 PM »

This is the consequence of a misunderstanding. The deleteing of some posts on the original New Era thread was not meant to be personal. ShapeShifter no reason to make it personal. Lets not have this happen again.

Huh? why did you change your post? your original was much better. How can I not see it personal, if everyone is always trying to take a shot at me.

hehe...you bring it upon yourself, don't you see that?

Just forget it. This whole controversy is stupid. I dont think ShapeShifter is trying to be trollish on purpose but I know what Gustaf is saying, in that, Shape takes things too personally when they are not.

He's the kind who likes conflicts and always victimizes himself at every turn. Always thinks that people are being mean to him when in fact he's just wrong.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:48:51 AM »

Why do you feel he is biased against you Shape?  I mean, what do you feel is "behind" it, such as politics etc.

Because I actually dared to disagree with him from time to time. I am sure some people have disagreed with him but people tend to shy away. For example, John the forum troll. If you ever complain about him, you better be ready for 10 post after it saying "leave him a lone!"

Gee...you don't think pepole have disagree with me in the past? People are scared of me?

You were being a jerk. I was not being inconsistent. My job as a moderator is to help people. You just dug up a bunch of old threads. You spammed my mail with 22 requests to delete posts that no one cared about anymore. That was childish and stupid of you, plain and simple.

And you also seem to coveniently forget that I'm a poster at the forum, not an administrator, like Dave Leip is. I was picked to help moderate the fantasy part, since I am known NOT to make things personal. I have been very lenient with deleting of posts as well, much more so than I might have.

And the point has never been off-topic posts. I don't think that I have ever even used that expression. The point was littering a thread with a specific purpose. Like a voting thread or a signature thread.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 01:57:32 PM »

Why do you feel he is biased against you Shape?  I mean, what do you feel is "behind" it, such as politics etc.

Because I actually dared to disagree with him from time to time. I am sure some people have disagreed with him but people tend to shy away. For example, John the forum troll. If you ever complain about him, you better be ready for 10 post after it saying "leave him a lone!"

Gee...you don't think pepole have disagree with me in the past? People are scared of me?

You were being a jerk. I was not being inconsistent. My job as a moderator is to help people. You just dug up a bunch of old threads. You spammed my mail with 22 requests to delete posts that no one cared about anymore. That was childish and stupid of you, plain and simple.

And you also seem to coveniently forget that I'm a poster at the forum, not an administrator, like Dave Leip is. I was picked to help moderate the fantasy part, since I am known NOT to make things personal. I have been very lenient with deleting of posts as well, much more so than I might have.

And the point has never been off-topic posts. I don't think that I have ever even used that expression. The point was littering a thread with a specific purpose. Like a voting thread or a signature thread.

You do make things person. You try to protray yourself as being above it all.

I was not spamming your e-mail account. I was requesting for some post to be deleted - especially the post with personal attacks. You refuse to. Calling me a jerk and childish only makes things worst. You shouldn't be the moderator in my opinion because of this and other reason.

I tried to make the tone of the debate civil. I even admited to Lunar that I might have over-reacted but you continue to make things worst.

I am not going to contribute to your name-calling because that would only make me look worst. How does a picture of a troll contribute to the forum? And saying, paraphrasing here, "I don't like so and so, he is an as-hole" huh?

Being above it all? I am not above you attacking me...I have however managed to avoid personal conflicts on the forum.

I am not saying that those posts are contributing to the forum.

I am not 'calling' you childish or a jerk. You are both of those things. You have said that it's spineless to try and be popular and that people should stand up for themselves. At the same time you seem to expect me to not respond to your attacks on me.

You were requesting for like 30 posts to be deleted. I got more reports from you than I did during the Civil War. I in fact got more reports from you on a single post than I did on everything throughout the civil war. And that's even counting the mock reports I recieved from participants in that same war.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 03:55:46 PM »

You do make things person. You try to protray yourself as being above it all.

I was not spamming your e-mail account. I was requesting for some post to be deleted - especially the post with personal attacks. You refuse to. Calling me a jerk and childish only makes things worst. You shouldn't be the moderator in my opinion because of this and other reason.

I tried to make the tone of the debate civil. I even admited to Lunar that I might have over-reacted but you continue to make things worst.

I am not going to contribute to your name-calling because that would only make me look worst. How does a picture of a troll contribute to the forum? And saying, paraphrasing here, "I don't like so and so, he is an as-hole" huh?

Being above it all? I am not above you attacking me...I have however managed to avoid personal conflicts on the forum.

I am not saying that those posts are contributing to the forum.

I am not 'calling' you childish or a jerk. You are both of those things. You have said that it's spineless to try and be popular and that people should stand up for themselves. At the same time you seem to expect me to not respond to your attacks on me.

You were requesting for like 30 posts to be deleted. I got more reports from you than I did during the Civil War. I in fact got more reports from you on a single post than I did on everything throughout the civil war. And that's even counting the mock reports I recieved from participants in that same war.

You are exaggerating the whole event. Calm down. I am not even going to contribute to your name calling. Going to keep this civil for now - unlike you.

I am exaggerating the whole event? You started it precisely by doing that. You brought up 1984. Explain that please.

I am perfectly calm. If I wasn't calm I wouldn't be this nice and civil to you. I would be much, much worse.

You were being civil saying that the power had gone to my head?

And, once again, I am not resorting to name-calling. Only pointing out the simple fact that you were being childish and acting like a jerk. Once again, if I was name-calling, I could do much worse than that, believe me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 04:02:17 PM »

I'm not scared to criticize Gustaf, I think if everyone was then everyone wouldn't be coming to his rescue.

Again, I think he denied your request because it didn't make as much sense as clearing up a signature thread.  Perhaps comparing it to a more similar case would prove your point.

Thank You Lunar. I understand your point of view. See, this could have just been avoided, if someone can talk to me in this matter. Thank you for the respect. Now, I understand where I might have exaggerated the point.

I was willing to let things go, but you are the one who keeps going and letting others take cheap shots at me.

Despite what you might think I don't control people on the forum with my Big Brother powers. I also don't lead great conspiracies against you, or plans civil wars.

And you attacked me unfairly, so I'm the one who has the option to let it go. You are jsut tryong to get away from your position without anyone noticing. After what you did, I'm not gonna let you do that so easily.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 04:05:12 PM »

I'm not scared to criticize Gustaf, I think if everyone was then everyone wouldn't be coming to his rescue.

Again, I think he denied your request because it didn't make as much sense as clearing up a signature thread.  Perhaps comparing it to a more similar case would prove your point.

Thank You Lunar. I understand your point of view. See, this could have just been avoided, if someone can talk to me in this matter. Thank you for the respect. Now, I understand where I might have exaggerated the point.

I was willing to let things go, but you are the one who keeps going and letting others take cheap shots at me.

Despite what you might think I don't control people on the forum with my Big Brother powers. I also don't lead great conspiracies against you, or plans civil wars.

And you attacked me unfairly, so I'm the one who has the option to let it go. You are jsut tryong to get away from your position without anyone noticing. After what you did, I'm not gonna let you do that so easily.

Then go ahead and hold a grudge.

After the way you acted, yes, I will not just let that go. If you wanna call it holding a grudge, sure. I am usually a forgiving guy, but you haven't actually done anything to make peace. You just stopped making unfair attacks on me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 06:09:34 PM »

That is why I asked, we should change the moderator to someone who can stay above all that. Like Nym or Dunn and many others who would I am sure do a much better job and be as good as Dave.

I think you are right. I support Dunn for Moderator / GM . We miss this great guy, nobody here even know now how many people registered and to which party, he kept it orgenized. No one even see that Brambilia switched states and voted where he can not (The progressives and Dunn would - but your revloution kicked them out). He still post on the site, but not here.

they are still here.

Neil A...GusNews is keeping thread of registered voters too...we just haven't published anything on that in a while. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies