By what margins do White Hispanics vote Republican or Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:10:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  By what margins do White Hispanics vote Republican or Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: By what margins do White Hispanics vote Republican or Democrat?  (Read 1124 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »

According to the 2010 census, 53% of Hispanics self identify as White. 85% of Cubans self identify as White while only 53% of Mexicans and Puerto Rican's do.

I was thinking maybe this could explain in part why Cuban Americans are much more likely to vote for the Republican Party than Puerto Rican or Mexican Americans. If so, how much more likely is it that White Hispanic Americans vote for the Republican Party when compared to their Hispanic counterparts who don't identify as White?

Source. Table 6 breaks down White Hispanics by ethnicity.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »

I would guess upper single digits for democrats
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:25:44 AM »

I would say pretty similar to the Portuguese. The Portuguese are probably the "most hispanic" European group. They began to shift toward the republicans last year, which i am basing off the swing in Bristol County, MA (the only place where Portuguese is the largest ethnic group) White Hispanics tend to be more americanized and have little to no connections to hispanic culture, my family included. However, hispanics are a very diverse group, where Mexicans and other central americans are more democrat, Cubans, Colombians, and Venezuelans tend to be more republican
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:54:39 AM »

60-40 democratic, trending GOP, hispanics from countries that were destroyed by leftists or have history of violent leftist terrorism vote GOP: cubans, colombians, venezuelans, peruvians and, if you add latinos, brazilians.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies