Does anybody watch Sargon of Akkad?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:44:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Does anybody watch Sargon of Akkad?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anybody watch Sargon of Akkad?  (Read 1372 times)
m11dsauce

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:05:56 PM »

And also, is he a good, reliable source?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »

He was on Joe Rogan's podcast this week.  It's too obvious he's trying to be a character and he's just not one.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »

And also, is he a good, reliable source?
No, he's not
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »

Not regularly but I've seen him a few times. He's a skeptic more than a libertarian. Tom Woods interviewed him. For those who don't care for leftist cultural marxism and PC then he may have some decent takes but it's hard to sift through a lot of noise. If you like Stefan Molenyeux or Ben Shapiro then you might be inclined toward him.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 08:32:48 AM »

He thought that Le Pen was going to win, so no he's not reliable, he's s delusional moron not worth paying the slightest bit of attention to.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »

He's s delusional moron not worth paying the slightest bit of attention to.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 03:40:03 AM »

God no. The only reason people take him seriously is because of the accent.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 04:43:00 AM »

Same with Paul Joseph Wattson.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 12:29:21 PM »

Same with Paul Joseph Wattson.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »

Isn't he an alt-right shytbag? No thanks
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »

I occasionally watch some of his videos, but overall he's just another alt-right douchebag with zero credibility.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 04:44:31 PM »

Carl of Swindon, to use his actual name, is 100% proof that some people will always trust a person who has a posh southern accent no matter how accurate the guff they say is.  He also is a person that has a very great skill that lots of people wish they had: namely the ability to make it seem like he knows a lot more about things than he actually does, even though any real check of the sources that he uses to support his views show that in many cases they are misrepresented or misunderstood by Carl: I'd always assume the former since I don't like implying that people are stupid.

Normally this would be something that could easily be ignored or laughed at like lots of the people who peddle #Analysis but what makes Sargon worse than those people is that he acts as a useful idiot for the far right: claiming to be a "classical liberal" or whatever label he's using this week while focusing entirely on the bug bears of the hard right: migrants, muslims and people who fight for social and economic justice whilst saying nothing when the likes of the English Defence League (at a time when they were only mostly irrelevant rather than totally irrelevant) or Richard Spencer or other nasty people applaud him for spreading their message.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 09:50:16 AM »

Yea I watch him. Sometimes he makes a good point, other time he is god awfully inaccurate and biased. Overall he is a scumbag who changes positions from left to right or back with the political climate and he has been getting worse lately too.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »

I occasionally watch some of his videos, but overall he's just another alt-right douchebag with zero credibility.

Who made an hour long vid denouncing the alt right. Sure.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2017, 10:21:36 PM by Compassion Fills the Void »

Pretty much the only "YouTube celebrities" worth watching at all or paying the slightest amount of attention to are the Vlog Brothers. People like PewDiePie and Laci Green are also incredibly annoying and I don't seem how people manage to make it through an entire one of their videos. And that's not even getting into absolute trash "shows" like The Young Turks and Secular Talk.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »

Who made an hour long vid denouncing the alt right. Sure.

Well, that's lovely. But most of his views fit perfectly with the Alt-right and he's supported people like Le Pen so...
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 02:18:31 AM »

Pretty much the only "YouTube celebrities" worth watching at all or paying the slightest amount of attention to are the Vlog Brothers. People like PewDiePie and Laci Green are also incredibly annoying and I don't seem how people manage to make it through an entire one of their videos. And that's not even getting into absolute trash "shows" like The Young Turks and Secular Talk.

IMO the only worthwhile YouTuber is EatDatPussy445.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 07:13:34 AM »

He thought that Le Pen was going to win, so no he's not reliable, he's s delusional moron not worth paying the slightest bit of attention to.

Well to be fair, although I knew Macron would win I thought it would be way closer (say 55-45 for Macron), and at the time it didn't seem totally impossible Le Pen would win (although I figured she wouldn't). Source: I live here
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 07:15:10 AM »

Otherwise, no I don't watch Sargon of Akkad, but I don't really know what his views are so I can't say I have an opinion one way or the other.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »

Well to be fair, although I knew Macron would win I thought it would be way closer (say 55-45 for Macron), and at the time it didn't seem totally impossible Le Pen would win (although I figured she wouldn't). Source: I live here

The problem was that his "analysis" had zero statistical or scientific basis. It was just a rant about "muh immigration" and "muh EU". Which clearly weren't as relevant issues as he thought because if they were the first round would've been different.

After the first round it was pretty obvious Le Pen had no chance of winning the run off. She would've needed at least a third of the voters for leftist candidates.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2017, 09:38:00 AM by Phony Moderate »

I assume 'accent' here means 'British accent' as opposed to 'posh British accent', because Watson has a fairly obvious Yorkshire accent.

Thunderf00t and Pat Condell used to get a ton of attention on a similar basis too, but they reached their peak around 2010 or so.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »

The problem was that his "analysis" had zero statistical or scientific basis. It was just a rant about "muh immigration" and "muh EU". Which clearly weren't as relevant issues as he thought because if they were the first round would've been different.

After the first round it was pretty obvious Le Pen had no chance of winning the run off. She would've needed at least a third of the voters for leftist candidates.

The idea was more Le Pen had she campaigned properly would have gotten more Fillon voters (I thought it would be about 50% rather than 30% or so she actually got) and more Mélenchon voters would have stayed home, which would have given her a very slim chance, but I agree realistically Macron was going to win anyway, but she did as badly as she did because her campaign for the second round was just terrible.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »

IMO the only worthwhile YouTuber is EatDatPussy445

Agreed.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »

His anti-Corbyn obsession is pathetic.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 11:07:37 AM »

And another thing I can say out of personal experience, the French don't seem particularily fond of mass immigration but they love the EU and that's what did Le Pen in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies