Electoral Map of "People Who Were Born There" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:44:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Electoral Map of "People Who Were Born There" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electoral Map of "People Who Were Born There"  (Read 1628 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« on: June 29, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »

Has anyone ever messed around and tried to hypothesize what these maps might look like? Tongue  A recent conversation about how CO went Republican for so long, but the changes that occurred eventually swung it to the Democrats got me thinking that Trump almost certainly won people who were born in the state of CO, considering how badly he probably lost those who moved in ... it also kind of reminds me of the old "Take Back Vermont" campaign, suggesting maybe George W. Bush might have almost won native Vermont(ites?) in 2000.  Any guesses on how 2016 went for voters who have lived in that state their whole lives?  Would it look different at all?  What about those whose parents were born in that state?

I know this is total guessing, so feel free to move, Mods.  Just thought it'd be interesting for someone more knowledgeable than I am to take a stab at it.
France has 11 constituencies for citizens living outside France (distinct from the French overseas departments and territories which also have representation), with the electorate based on consulate registrations. They even have voting precincts. For example, one constituency is for French citizens residing in the United States and Canada.

A state could create legislative districts of three types:
(1) Born in the state, but living elsewhere, based on place of residence.
(2) Born out of the state, but living in the state, based on place of birth.
(3) Born in, and living in the state, based on place of residence. There would twice as many districts for these persons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies