2024: The Beginning of a Political and Space Odyssey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:16:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024: The Beginning of a Political and Space Odyssey
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024: The Beginning of a Political and Space Odyssey  (Read 936 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »
« edited: June 30, 2017, 01:43:37 PM by Fmr. House Majority Leader Haslam2020 »

Chapter 1, Act 1: Kamala! Kamala!

CNN Breaking News: Kamala Harris elected first female President!!!

Kamala Harris HQ, Los Angeles, 1:30 AM, thirty minutes after victory, November 6th, 2024

*Kamala takes the stage to numerous cheers from the audience as she waves*

"... Together we have won!!! The American people have made their choice, they want change!! This couldn't have happened without you!!! I'd like to thank my husband, Doug!!! My sister, Maya!!!, my niece Meena!!! My running mate, Martin! Oh how I wish my parents could see this... They would be so proud *wipes a happy tear* to those who volunteered... Thank you...  And most of all... I have to thank YOU! The American People!!!, for giving me the opportunity to serve as the first female President of the United States!!! My parents would have never expected this... I would have never expected this... *Hillary Clinton in the background* and Hillary, thank you for helping me accomplish what you started... We've put a lot of cracks in this glass ceiling tonight!!! America, you have spoken. We will change the system, we will end these senseless interventions, truly drain the swamp, we will protect women, veterans, African Americans, every single member of our community!!! Let us unite, America!!! And to my opponent, you have run a truly great campaign. I want to work with you and your party to better our nation. It was a personal campaign... But it's time to get down to business. Let's make America whole again. Please join me, every one of you in the audience and on TV, help us do this, get involved. Thank you!!!!

*Kamala goes off the stage with the same cheers she got when she went on, and she takes a quick glance at the map that had changed her life*

CNN Election Map 2024:

Senator Kamala Harris(D-CA)/Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM): 294 Electoral Votes, 50.1%
Senator Ted Cruz(R-TX)/Governor Scott Walker(R-WI): 244 Electoral Votes, 47.8%

This was just the beginning of Kamala's new life. And troubles.

(Editing Rn)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »

Does this involve America actually going into Space bigly? Woohoo!
Medal506
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »

I'll certainly give you points for making the presidential and vice presidential nominees realistic and making the outcome somewhat realistic.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 01:05:26 AM »

Does this involve America actually going into Space bigly? Woohoo!

Wait a couple chapters and the main storyline will come into view Wink

I'll certainly give you points for making the presidential and vice presidential nominees realistic and making the outcome somewhat realistic.

Thanks!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 01:31:49 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2017, 02:33:23 AM by Fmr. House Majority Leader Haslam2020 »

Chapter 0.5: The Primary: "Mars, Senator? We should be focused on Earth!!!"

Photo of Harris just before the announcement. May 5th, 2023.

The day was May 5th, 2023. International Women's Day, it carried significance, a woman was about to again try to break the glass ceiling. Kamala basically had it in 2020, could have won, and beaten Trump. But she didn't. She was a Democratic superstar, potentially the "next Obama". Now was her real time, her turn to be the representative of the liberal movement. She announced her candidacy with an emotional speech with the California State Capitol behind her, thousands of supporters in the crowd chanting her name. Her momentum carried herself through the primary. Carrying Iowa narrowly, she saved her campaign. New Hampshire and South Carolina didn't provide lucky results. Nevada did. Her "luck" contributed to several Super Tuesday victories.

A key moment of the campaign struck, a Democratic Presidential Debate hosted in Chicago. Kamala needed Illinois- if she lost it, she was almost in senses doomed. Her and Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey were the only two remaining candidates. Elizabeth Warren's recent endorsement didn't mean much to Illinois. She needed to carry the night, to carry herself forward.

A key moment of the campaign struck, a Democratic Presidential Debate hosted in Chicago. Kamala needed Illinois- if she lost it, she was almost in senses doomed. Her and Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey were the only two remaining candidates. Elizabeth Warren's recent endorsement didn't mean much to Illinois. She needed to carry the night, to carry herself forward.

The moment Senator Harris "schooled" Booker.

Booker: "And off of the topic of former Secretary Mnuchin, Kamala recently made a statement... Made me wonder if she's really living in this world..."

*Kamala delivers a death stare*

Booker: "She said she wants to find a joint NASA-SpaceX mission to Mars in her first year if she was elected. Twenty billion dollars. Mars, Senator??? We should be focused on Earth!!! Where would this money come from?! Who's to say you won't guy our healthcare like Trump did?!"

*Harris interrupts*: "Enough, Cory, you're just looking for sound bites. You're about to lose and you're looking for a good sound bite, yeah? Well. You know damn well I wouldn't gut healthcare, speaking of which, you say by idly as the ACHA passed. Twenty billion dollars, yes. From excessive military spending and from wasteful spending. We can come up with it, we will, so humanity can reach for the stars, vote for me and that's exactly what you'll get. The stars, vote for Cory, you'll be stuck to the ground. Think of all of the science we could accomplish by increasing the NASA budget just a couple more billion dollars a year? Instead of the military? Senator. Tell me, what's wrong with insuring our planet and protecting our species, our culture? Tell me!!! Tell me Cory!!!"

*Cory looked dumbfounded, even though he could easily bring down his whole statement, words didn't come out of his mouth, he hadn't prepared*

Moderator: "Cory? Your response? She raises a good point?"

*Booker nervously sweating*:

"Uh, no."

*fast forward 75 minutes*

Kamala: "We will make this world a better place for everyone. A wonderful place. Let's make America whole again, vote for us on Tuesday if you want a job, if you want stable healthcare, if you want to reach for the stars, and grab the American Dream."

Kamala Harris won Illinois by 5 points. Though Trump did come up with a creative "Angry Kamala" nickname, it didn't mean much anymore. Cory earned a couple more victories, but was out by early April. Kamala had done it. She was the nominee.

CNN Democratic Primary Map:

Senator Kamala Harris: 41 states +all territories, 52.1% popular vote
Senator Cory Booker: 6 states + D.C, 20.3% popular vote
Governor Tom Perriello: 3 states, 15.9% popular vote

Senator Maria Cantwell: 0 states, 4.6% popular vote (withdrew after Nevada)
Representative Keith Ellison: 0 states, 2.9% popular vote (withdrew after Nevada)
Fmr. Governor Steve Bullock: 0 states, 0.2% popular vote (withdrew after NH)
Fmr. Mayor Bill De Blasio: 0 states, 0.2% popular vote (withdrew after NH)
Fmr. Secretary Tom Perez: 0 states, 0.2% popular vote (withdrew after Iowa)
Fmr. Representative Dennis Kucinich: 0 states, 0.1% popular vote (withdrew after Iowa)
Fmr. Senator Jim Webb: 0 states, 0.1% popular vote (withdrew after Iowa)
Others: 3.4%
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:18:00 AM »

Chapter 1, Act 2: The Inauguration:

Kamala Harris delivering her inaugural speech to the nation shortly after being sworn in.

"... My fellow Americans... It is an honor to be your 46th president. Our administration's worldview is carried by an image of hope. Just as we was elected, by YOU the American people, we will fight for YOU, the American people, and only you. First off, I will start on a massive infrastructure bill that will take on the infrastructure hazards that the last bill failed to address. I will reform the tax code to make sure the rich pay their fair share!!! I will put us back in the Paris Climate Accord, I will make jobs available for every hardworking American who wants one. But I need your help... So that makes us "we". We... The American People... Want change in Washington!!!! Real hope and change!!!! Let's make Washington sane again, encourage bipartisanship, encourage debate and new ideas!!!! Let's make America whole again!!!! Let's all forget the divides of the very competitive election... And move to new heights. Let us be the envy of the world, tackling all our problems head on... Like the true American way... 100 years ago women had just earned the right to vote. Look where I'm standing now. Think of what we can accomplish in another hundred years, let alone 4, or 8. America has went from Depression to boom in less than that, many times before. It takes planning though. And I need your help. I want to ask for your well wishes, your prayers, so that we can fight for every American's job, constitution rights, and safety!!! Thank you, and God bless America!!!!"

The Cabinet:

President: Kamala Harris (D-CA)
Vice President: Martin Heinrich (D-NM)
Secretary of State: Bill Richardson (D-NM)
Secretary of the Treasury: Terry McAullife (D-VA)
Secretary of Defense: Ash Carter (D-PA)
Attorney General: Tom Perez (D-MD)
Secretary of the Interior: Dave Fruenthal (D-WY)
Secretary of Agriculture: Tom Vilsack (D-IA)
Secretary of Commerce: Rob Portman (R-OH)*
Secretary of Labor: Deval Patrick (D-MA)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)**
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Martin O'Malley (D-MD)
Secretary of Transportation: Ed Lee (D-CA)
Secretary of Energy: John Hickenlooper (D-CO)
Secretary of Education: Jennifer Granholm (D-MI)
Secretary of Veterans' Affairs: Bob McDonald (R-IN)

*: Portman retires in 2022, declines to run for Governor in 2026, in which he was highly speculated to do but declined to join Harris's cabinet
**: Elizabeth Warren left a vacant Senate seat, but decided to retire on December 31st, so her appointed successor, Seth Moulton (appointed by Governor Kennedy
(for all you hacks, Kimberly Driscoll won a special election to win Moulton's old seat)

The day Kamala had waited for for years was finally here....

The 46th President of the United States: Kamala Devi Harris

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies