Trump destroys CNN in new tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:52:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump destroys CNN in new tweet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump destroys CNN in new tweet  (Read 5486 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For the record, I'm nowhere near "triggered" by this, I'm just marveling that our President is falling into honest-to-God schizophrenia or something. We have a ticket in prime time to watch a man lose his mind in front of the entire world.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »

badger is not r, he is d. and he want's the d...

Badger is an R, and a member of his county's R Central Committee (and previously Executive Committee). Badger just isn't so mindlessly tied to tribalism and party identification that he can't recognize Trump is a bona fide menace to basic American values of civic discourse.

BTW, learn to express your ideas in a marginally coherent fashion. No wonder you support "the Twitter President".
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

A shame Trump didn't point out what happened later that very same match:

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/881533437148098560
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »

Politics after Trump are going to be so dull. It shall be hard to readjust.

With Trump having gone after both CNN and MSNBC, (and the rating boost that surely gave them) Part of me wonders if Fox is kinda wishing they could find a way to annoy him. Tongue
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »

Badger, don't stop. It saves me from angrily responding and I feel cathartic. Tongue

That said, Republicans shouldn't necessarily applaud this. I know a lot of Trumpists are going "hey, he took on the media! We like that!" But consider the inverse - 64% of the public doesn't like Trump's behavior about the media. You guys should bear that in mind this is Trump preserving his base, to the point of alienating everyone else.

The question is why? Either scenario, in my view, doesn't bode well for his core people.

The non-conspiracy theory says that he doesn't know how to do anything else and doesn't know how to broadly assemble a coalition and govern. This kind of behavior is just him doubling down on his fan base and doing what he knows best - riling up people, trying to put on a spectacle, and keeping his people with him, and nothing else. It's continuing the ineffective and stagnated presidency. it amounts to a vicarious release for his supporters but little else. once again, I refer to Trump hardening the opposition, turning off swing voters, and doing it bit by bit. He's also damaging the GOP brand in the next 4-8 years.

The conspiracy theory says that there's more to come on Russia and Trump may figure that to ride out the storm, he should harden his base's opposition to anything. #FakeNews is one way to insulate himself from the storm and he can loudly use that to keep his supporters from abandoning him. If they had to consider the facts.

Neither option is exclusive by the way. Neither, honestly, ends well for his supporters. Presidents need to keep their coalitions broad enough to pass a law, preserve their legacies, and not wind up failed presidents. (Or one term presidents).

Of course, there is the possibility his supporters don't care about the laws passed as much as they care about deportation and trade and the Supreme Court, and fail to consider the broader ramifications of letting the issues fester. I've heard more than one Trump supporter out loud voice support for single payer (to the point where I think the Trumpists wouldn't mind a Bernie Democrat).

I think you're giving his supporters too much credit here. They like feeling good. They like the dopamine hit they get from seeing their tribe/team/side "win" and when anyone who isn't on their tribe/time/side gets hurt.  They don't *think* rationally at all. If they did, even if they all believed completely in what they claim to believe (not that I think they do - their beliefs are just an excuse, a form of self-deception), they wouldn't support Trump because he cannot and will not ever *deliver* for them in any real way. I.e. Trump is a dealer, and his supporters are junkies. He deals in hate and vicarious victory, which his supporters consume to get a neuro-transmitter-induced rush.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »

I think you're giving his supporters too much credit here. They like feeling good. They like the dopamine hit they get from seeing their tribe/team/side "win" and when anyone who isn't on their tribe/time/side gets hurt.  They don't *think* rationally at all. If they did, even if they all believed completely in what they claim to believe (not that I think they do - their beliefs are just an excuse, a form of self-deception), they wouldn't support Trump because he cannot and will not ever *deliver* for them in any real way. I.e. Trump is a dealer, and his supporters are junkies. He deals in hate and vicarious victory, which his supporters consume to get a neuro-transmitter-induced rush.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »

I love how the triggered liberals feign outage here.

The tweet was one of the best that President Trump has ever posted!

This pretty much sums up the modern conservative. It is all about trolling liberals, they don't really stand or believe in anything.

It's nothing new for the American right. Phyllis Schlafly, who essentially led the fight against the Equal Rights Amendment in the 1970s/80s, would intentionally troll and provoke liberals by opening her speeches with, "I'd like to thank my husband for letting me be here tonight—I always like to say that, because it makes the libs so mad."
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »

President Trump has just published a video showing him during WWE show and taking down another man, with CNN logo superimposed on that man's face. He is really at it and while some say it's not presidential, his message about this Fake News Network is loud, clear and foremost, CORRECT.

Nothing the Dear Leader does is presidential.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »

Trump was a spoiled brat rich kid who had to be sent to military school because he was so incorrigible at home no one could control him. He was given millions to start his own business when he was first getting into the business. He has always had his own way and doesn't know how to handle not getting his way, except to act in juvenile ways and throw tantrums.

He's a poor excuse for a President and also a human being. He's everything you want to teach your kids NOT to be.

He's a reverse role model who we are stuck with as President of our country. And the sad part is that some select few think he's doing a good job, that he's "winning". I feel sad for them as well.

<rolling eyes big time>
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »

And yet again, the Troll-in-Chief successfully manages to trigger members of his own party:

Rep. Mike Coffmann (R-CO):

https://twitter.com/RepMikeCoffman/status/881555703147749376

Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL):

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/881573438531538944

Bill Kristol, founder of The Weekly Standard :

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/881506367860813824

Republican strategist/political commentator Ana Navarro:

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/881512459802103808
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/881536836644085769

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/881285511524085761
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »

So all Trump supporters are now striving to act like a 4 year old online?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2017, 05:01:28 PM »

The GOP deserves this President.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2017, 05:10:16 PM »

Conservative blogger/radio host Erick Erickson ("The Resurgent"):

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/881512551712002048

[/quote]

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/881543899503898624
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »

I'd sooner cut off my balls than pray for this man
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »

I'm not surprised.
This is the "deplorable" base (segment) of trump's supporters.
They're scum.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »

And yet again, the Troll-in-Chief successfully manages to trigger members of his own party:

Sorry, I don't give a flying F about what moral authorities like  Bill Kristol, Erick Erickson and whoever the hacks behind the "Reagan Battalion" Twitter account think of Trump. These are the people who opposed Trump in the primary because they didn't think he adhered to the sociopathic movement conservatism they boost. They are worse than Trump.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »

I don't know who these comedian is but this is gold https://mobile.twitter.com/markhumphries/status/881821749901377536
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »

President Trump has just published a video showing him during WWE show and taking down another man, with CNN logo superimposed on that man's face. He is really at it and while some say it's not presidential, his message about this Fake News Network is loud, clear and foremost, CORRECT.

CORRECT, because we're going on assumptions and guesses rather than fact in this new world.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »

CORRECT, because we're going on assumptions and guesses rather than fact in this new world.

What you FEEL and what you saw on your fb feed and FOX News that confirmed your feeling is all that matters. Come on, Clay, you know that!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2017, 11:26:27 AM »

My son has the CNN logo for a face and thought the video was real. I demand Trump apologize.
Globalist Cosmopolitan
Rookie
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »

I can't believe this is all real.

We are in the worst possible timeline. This all seems like a huge parody.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

Badger is an R, and a member of his county's R Central Committee (and previously Executive Committee). Badger just isn't so mindlessly tied to tribalism and party identification that he can't recognize Trump is a bona fide menace to basic American values of civic discourse.

Pretty sure you mostly support Democratic candidates in down-ballot races as well, though...

Pretty sure you are wrong speaking as the only person who is in the voting booth when I cast a ballot last time, in which I voted straight party line for all the local Republican candidates including State Rep and state senator. Nice try though
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2017, 01:05:27 PM »

Sorry, I don't give a flying F about what moral authorities like  Bill Kristol, Erick Erickson and whoever the hacks behind the "Reagan Battalion" Twitter account think of Trump. These are the people who opposed Trump in the primary because they didn't think he adhered to the sociopathic movement conservatism they boost. They are worse than Trump.

dude! Quit your rabid defensive this bastard! Look at the two posts above yours. He is literally retweeting from hard right nationalists coding anti-Semitic Jewish conspiracy BS along with post about stabbing Muslims! Get over your need to trigger liberals and look for a leader as president.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »

I can't believe this is all real.

We are in the worst possible timeline. This all seems like a huge parody.

More like a sarcastic and bitter cyberpunk dystopia, with a lot of black humor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies