Trump destroys CNN in new tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:37:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump destroys CNN in new tweet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Trump destroys CNN in new tweet  (Read 5441 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 11:22:49 AM »
« edited: July 02, 2017, 11:24:24 AM by JGibson »

That violence against journalists-inciting CNN bodyslam tweet is yet another reason that he is an authoritarian thug disgracing American values.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »

At this point Trump isn't the problem anymore it's people like OP

I like the OP's comical use of the word "destroys" in the thread title.
He was partially correct ..... except for the fact that it is the president who is self-destructing.
All the childish and clownish behavior is a very slow but consistent further loss of support from some Republicans and many Independents. Keep-up the good work mr president !  LOL.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »

I love how the triggered liberals feign outage here.

The tweet was one of the best that President Trump has ever posted!

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »

Donald Trump is Modern Day Sane.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »

Greatest tweet in presidential history.

Congratulations. You have forfeited what little more Authority you had for your arguments in join the club of Absolut doofuses like Ghost Monkey. Welcome to your new internet Club of losers to a once at least semi-respectable poster.

I'm sure Pope Francis would be very proud.

Are you capable of posting anything other than personal attacks? Good grief.

1. Yes. Frequently.

2. I call out stupid posts. The fact that a person posted it is not the point.

3. Your seeing RI lauding Trump's repeatedly grossly unprofessional behavior--which at least arguably implies support for the ongoing threat of violence towards reporters and other opponents, but regardless has reduced the OFFICE of POTUS to an absolute laughing stock--to be a lesser sin than calling him out on it--to include the facing the uncomfortable fact that for someone who continually prides himself on being more Catholic than the Pope and all those who disagree play risk with their immortal soul would have to concede His Holiness would have diametrically opposite views--merely reflects your indefensible lingering support for the literal worst president in American history.

So, in short, whatevs.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »

Huh
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »

I really don't think the tweet breaks any new ground for Trump. It's childish and kinda crass, but, well, so were the last 50. Nor does it break any new ground for Atlas Forum; the reactions are exactly the same as they've been in the past. I am curious about one thing, however...

Just another steppingstone to the inevitable Will Hurd presidency.

How does this possibly logically follow?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »

Congratulations. You have forfeited what little more Authority you had for your arguments in join the club of Absolut doofuses like Ghost Monkey. Welcome to your new internet Club of losers to a once at least semi-respectable poster.

Oh come on. The tweet is a joke, but the far bigger joke are the  histrionic cries that this is somehow "violence-inciting" or beneath the president or an attack against freedom of the press. Politics has become one big joke in this country, and we've made it that way. When I laugh at Trump, I'm also laughing at myself and you and all of us. We deserve all of this; the least I can do is find it entertaining.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »

It's Smiley Just Smiley A Smiley Joke Smiley Stop Smiley Getting Smiley So Smiley Angry Smiley It's Smiley Not Smiley Like Smiley He Smiley Means Smiley It Smiley
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »

I hate having a literal retard as President.

This isn't unprecedented, this isn't a new low for him, I just wish we had a President, any President, with basic cognitive functions who cares about the job he has.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2017, 12:32:56 PM »

Now folks come on. Even if you're a supporter of Republican policies, this is just dumb and not adult. It's kindergarden behavior at best. Let alone presidential behavior. How low has this dude gone? Doesn't he have a job to do? Why is he spending time with kind of garbage instead of working on our problems?

With that being said: Elect a clown, expect a circus.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »

I don't get Trump's beef with CNN. Nobody watches CNN (apart from Trump apparently), and if you do, it's aggressively milquetoast and bland. When was the last time CNN actually broke a story, let alone an anti-Trump story? It just seems like a dumb target. Why not post the same GIF with an ISIL flag instead of a CNN logo? Then Trump would have come across as badass, given ISIL's big league losses recently. As it is, it just feels like an old guy yelling at the mean TV people.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »

I really don't think the tweet breaks any new ground for Trump. It's childish and kinda crass, but, well, so were the last 50. Nor does it break any new ground for Atlas Forum; the reactions are exactly the same as they've been in the past. I am curious about one thing, however...

Just another steppingstone to the inevitable Will Hurd presidency.

How does this possibly logically follow?

It doesn't. It's a joke. I like Will Hurd.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »

Oh come on. The tweet is a joke, but the far bigger joke are the  histrionic cries that this is somehow "violence-inciting" or beneath the president or an attack against freedom of the press. Politics has become one big joke in this country, and we've made it that way. When I laugh at Trump, I'm also laughing at myself and you and all of us. We deserve all of this; the least I can do is find it entertaining.

No. Some of us don't take the jackassed view that our politics--and thus our government structure, and thus our country and its future--is such a joke that you might as well sit back and laugh.

OF COURSE this is beneath the presidency! It doesn't take "histrionics" to object to Trump's utter buffoon-like behavior, just simply not being a dunce.

Don't cower behind "gee, the system's so messed up I might as well laugh at the president being a literal clown" to waive off your support of it.

You and your ilk readily and even fervently seek a series of policy goals so adamantly, you're absolutely willing to write off the dignity of the POTUS, America's standing in the world, and any remaining notion of civility in political discourse to obtain said goals.

Kindly don't insult our intelligence by saying this is nothing more than a Faustian bargain where you have to support the idiocy of our current A$$hole is Chief in order to get the social conservative doctrine you long for in place, and if America's basic political contract is torn asunder in the process, you'll sign said contract every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »

This isn't unprecedented, this isn't a new low for him, I just wish we had a President, any President, with basic cognitive functions who cares about the job he has.
Calling him a retard is insulting to mentally retarded people. They have way more control and intelligence.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »

Again I see cons here and on the link to Brietbart justify his actions under payback for the Obama years. Obama never treated cons like this and you are lying to yourself cons if you think so
mgop
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »

it is just a joke. obama have colbert and jon stewart for that and trump have to do everything by himself.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »

This pretty much sums up the modern conservative. It is all about trolling liberals, they don't really stand or believe in anything.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »

it is just a joke. obama have colbert and jon stewart for that and trump have to do everything by himself.

Stop posting. Stop breeding.

(OK, TJ, you may have a point on this one. But c'mon man, consider the source! Wink )
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »

No. Some of us don't take the jackassed view that our politics--and thus our government structure, and thus our country and its future--is such a joke that you might as well sit back and laugh.

OF COURSE this is beneath the presidency! It doesn't take "histrionics" to object to Trump's utter buffoon-like behavior, just simply not being a dunce.

Don't cower behind "gee, the system's so messed up I might as well laugh at the president being a literal clown" to waive off your support of it.

You and your ilk readily and even fervently seek a series of policy goals so adamantly, you're absolutely willing to write off the dignity of the POTUS, America's standing in the world, and any remaining notion of civility in political discourse to obtain said goals.

Kindly don't insult our intelligence by saying this is nothing more than a Faustian bargain where you have to support the idiocy of our current A$$hole is Chief in order to get the social conservative doctrine you long for in place, and if America's basic political contract is torn asunder in the process, you'll sign said contract every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Huge portions of these people don't care about any policy goals. They're driven by simpler, more instinctual things which Trump plays to.  

This pretty much sums up the modern conservative. It is all about trolling liberals, they don't really stand or believe in anything.

Basically this.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »

Calling him a retard is insulting to mentally retarded people.

Not making an insult, I legitimiately think Trump has vascular dementia.
mgop
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2017, 12:48:29 PM »

badger is not r, he is d. and he want's the d...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2017, 01:01:50 PM »

Wait, so you're telling me this isn't Trump's real Twitter feed?  I'm confused now.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »

Badger, don't stop. It saves me from angrily responding and I feel cathartic. Tongue

That said, Republicans shouldn't necessarily applaud this. I know a lot of Trumpists are going "hey, he took on the media! We like that!" But consider the inverse - 64% of the public doesn't like Trump's behavior about the media. You guys should bear that in mind this is Trump preserving his base, to the point of alienating everyone else.

The question is why? Either scenario, in my view, doesn't bode well for his core people.

The non-conspiracy theory says that he doesn't know how to do anything else and doesn't know how to broadly assemble a coalition and govern. This kind of behavior is just him doubling down on his fan base and doing what he knows best - riling up people, trying to put on a spectacle, and keeping his people with him, and nothing else. It's continuing the ineffective and stagnated presidency. it amounts to a vicarious release for his supporters but little else. once again, I refer to Trump hardening the opposition, turning off swing voters, and doing it bit by bit. He's also damaging the GOP brand in the next 4-8 years.

The conspiracy theory says that there's more to come on Russia and Trump may figure that to ride out the storm, he should harden his base's opposition to anything. #FakeNews is one way to insulate himself from the storm and he can loudly use that to keep his supporters from abandoning him. If they had to consider the facts.

Neither option is exclusive by the way. Neither, honestly, ends well for his supporters. Presidents need to keep their coalitions broad enough to pass a law, preserve their legacies, and not wind up failed presidents. (Or one term presidents).

Of course, there is the possibility his supporters don't care about the laws passed as much as they care about deportation and trade and the Supreme Court, and fail to consider the broader ramifications of letting the issues fester. I've heard more than one Trump supporter out loud voice support for single payer (to the point where I think the Trumpists wouldn't mind a Bernie Democrat).

All of these scenarios, honestly, end well for the Democrats. A failed presidency is a big stepping stone to putting the Democrats in power. Horrifying for the Reaganites like me but less horrifying to the Perotian Trumpists who may not care that an ideological Democrat is in power. (The worst of both worlds is for the committed base Republican who is also a committed trumpist).

side note: I am lapsing into liking the informal lower case Apathetic Austrian way of typing. We're very different people (insofar I know Tongue) however.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies