Donald Trump Tweets U.S. ‘Would Be Delighted’ To Help Terminally Ill U.K. Infant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:16:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump Tweets U.S. ‘Would Be Delighted’ To Help Terminally Ill U.K. Infant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Donald Trump Tweets U.S. ‘Would Be Delighted’ To Help Terminally Ill U.K. Infant  (Read 2984 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »

Great news.  Hopefully he is allowed to keep fighting for life.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »

Using almost-dead kid for political trolling? Classy.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 11:59:27 AM »

If only Trump showed compassion to the millions he wants to kick off healthcare here.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:59:50 AM »

Theresa May's culture of death shall not pass on to our shores. To those out of hope, America shall be a land of refuge. The tyrant trembles sick with fear, she hears her death knell ringing, for Trump and Jezza volunteer to ensure a painful stinging.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »

Great news.  Hopefully he is allowed to keep fighting for life.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »

Trump cares more about foreign babies than American babies. Cuckservative!
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »

If only Trump showed compassion to the millions he wants to kick off healthcare here.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 12:41:50 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »

Using almost-dead kid for political trolling? Classy.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »

Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »

Terri Schiavo, anyone?

This is a precious white British baby. The ones we have are all Blaxican moochers.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »

Hilarious how Republicans pretend to care about this British baby. If he were American and their preferred health care system were in place, he would be paying a whole lot extra in premiums for his pre-existing condition and would have probably hit his lifetime maximum by now.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »

Hilarious how Republicans pretend to care about this British baby. If he were American and their preferred health care system were in place, he would be paying a whole lot extra in premiums for his pre-existing condition and would have probably hit his lifetime maximum by now.

...he wouldnt be put to death.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »

Having life support withdrawn on advice of multiple doctors is not 'being put to death'. Unless you think thousands of people are put to death each day when care is removed from them to allow them to pass away.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »

...he wouldnt be put to death.

Under Obamacare, no. Under Trumpcare or the pre-ACA system, his parents wouldn't be able to afford his palliative treatments and he would have to leave the hospital.

The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »

I feel sympathetic to Trump in this case. I am extremely uneasy with putting state hospitals and the state in charge of when a baby dies. I know people are going to bring up the Terri Schiavo example and I would respond, as long as the families can finance their care, they should remain in charge of the person's life.

In this case, the baby had 1.4 million pounds raised (or was it dollars) and there is a potential experimental treatment. I would feel, for once, Trump is right here.

In any case, if the parents can afford it, why don't they exhaust their options before their child has to die?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 06:46:57 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2017, 06:49:35 PM by Ebowed »

The President who splits apart families with deportations, who doesn't even consider grandparents to be "close enough" to get past a travel ban, who would be thrilled to deny health insurance to 30 million people just because they can't afford it, who supports torturing people, who actively encourages violence against his opponents, who would rather prop up a dying coal industry than save vulnerable populations from pollution-induced climate change, is suddenly concerned about the sanctity of life?

A likely story.

Donald Trump is the President of Death and Suffering.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »

The President who splits apart families with deportations, who doesn't even consider grandparents to be "close enough" to get past a travel ban, who would be thrilled to deny health insurance to 30 million people just because they can't afford it, who supports torturing people, who actively encourages violence against his opponents, who would rather prop up a dying coal industry than save vulnerable populations from pollution-induced climate change, is suddenly concerned about the sanctity of life?

A likely story.

The baby in question has pale skin, and so do his parents.

Does it make more sense now?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »

A likely story.

Yes, that pretty much explains everything.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »

I feel sympathetic to Trump in this case. I am extremely uneasy with putting state hospitals and the state in charge of when a baby dies. I know people are going to bring up the Terri Schiavo example and I would respond, as long as the families can finance their care, they should remain in charge of the person's life.

In this case, the baby had 1.4 million pounds raised (or was it dollars) and there is a potential experimental treatment. I would feel, for once, Trump is right here.

In any case, if the parents can afford it, why don't they exhaust their options before their child has to die?

Honestly, yes, this is pretty unsettling.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »

I have to agree with you on this issue. The parents are seeking the ability to pursue, at their own expense, an experimental treatment available in the United States. The British government has refused them that option and has instead concluded that the life support must be removed. I can certainly sympathize with the parents here since, if that was my child or anyone else's, I have no doubt we would all want the same option they want to save your child's life.

With that said, I do not believe Trump is saying this out of the kindness of his heart, but rather to score some kind of political points or assert a political viewpoint. He has made it that nobody can truly trust his motivations to be good.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

A likely story.

Yes, that pretty much explains everything.

Yep. If the family was Muslim and/or Asian, the President would probably go to the UK himself to eat the baby!

(Disclaimer: I don't think the President actually eats babies, but he's so evil in other ways he may as well do so as icing on the cake.)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »

Yep. If the family was Muslim and/or Asian, the President would probably go to the UK himself to eat the baby!
They do taste the best. White babies are too bland.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies