Southern Chamber of Delegates Noticeboard Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:32:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Chamber of Delegates Noticeboard Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Southern Chamber of Delegates Noticeboard Thread  (Read 1622 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 03:10:01 AM »

12/25

Merry Christmas.

- in commemoration of the holidays, I will not make any floor action until January 2nd. I have listed the next 6 bills up for debate for anyone who happens to wander by over the holidays.

- we officially have 15 laws on the book this session and assuming the 6 bills that passed yesterday aren't vetoed, we will have passed 21 pieces of legislation since November 1. In the same time Freemont has passed 7, Lincoln 2, and the feds 10.

- As a result of our hard work passing so many pro job reforms, our unemployment rate is dropping. Based on the data I found going back to March 22 of this year, our unemployment rate hovered in the low 8%s and was the highest in the country. The last unemployment measure before this session was 8.198%. 2 weeks in it fell to 8.001% and now as of December 21 it is 7.338%.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »

12/26

- So I forgot to mention, elections are coming up in January. I have heard different dates, but Peebs told me the election will be January 19 - 21. Any current Delegate interested in running for reelection needs to declare their intent in the appropriate thread in Fantasy Elections. As of now, myself and Deputy Speaker Turner are the only current delegates to have declared.

- Because of our break this week, our bill backlog, and the impending elections, I am consolidating several smaller bills into 3 omnibus bills which are now on the floor. Because of the lengths, I have provided summaries. We should be able to debate and vote on these bills before the election. Feel free to propose your own ideas too, as it is likely I will accept them as friendly amendments. I believe passage of these omnibus bills will benefit Southerners and also give us some more wins to run on.

- I am coordinating with WXTransit on finally updating our Wiki with the complete Southern Code.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »

1/1

- Happy New Year. Since we had a nice little break Im seeking unanimous consent on the 4 small bills. I plan on waiting at least another week on the 3 omnibus bills since they are longer and contain more provisions. There is still time to offer amendments as well.

- 2nd reminder that elections are this month, so should any of the 5 delegates who have not announcwd reelection decisions wish to run, please remember to announce in the stickied thread over in fantasy elections to ensure ballot access.

- I believe the 6 bills we passed christmas eve become law this Wednesday Evening if the Governor fails to sign or veto them by then.

- stay warm
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 12:53:49 PM »

1/4

It has been more than 10 days since the last 6 bills passed and none were signed or vetoed by the governor,  so they are now law.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 02:46:05 AM »

1/14

- All pending business on our calendar has been completed. I am motioning that we adjourn since the election is soon.

- I will be publishing a session report once we adjourn.

- congratulations to those delegates who participated this session for a stupendously productive session.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 09:28:35 PM »

To: Southern Chamber Office of Public Relations
Re: Session Report -RELEASE AT 8 AM ON 1/18/18

Report of the 5th Session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates elected in 2017

- On behalf of the Southern Chamber, we wish all of our police and jailors a happy Law Enforcement Appreciation Month. Thank you all for your service.

- We improved the bill numbering system on the chamber floor.

- Construction is underway on the Wiki Code of Southern laws. WXTransit has been kind enough to offer his services. Once completed, the Wiki will be available here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Southern_Statute

- A frivolous lawsuit was filed against us for passing the Celebrating Our Southern Region Act. The Supreme Court unanimously agreed with the Southern Chamber on the legality.

- We passed a total of 28 laws this session, an all-time record for this Chamber.

- Highlights include our massive health insurance reform package, our 2 bills to increase the number of doctors and hospitals, several bills protecting our 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendment rights and enacting criminal justice reform, our many bills protecting small businesses and farmers, and several bills which raised non-tax revenue to pay for good government programs.

- Unemployment has fallen under our stewardship, from 8.198% on 9/28/17 before we took office to 7.338% on 12/21/17. Small Government works.

- I want to thank TheyWorkForYou - ATLASIA for providing us with the following chart of all roll-call votes. The final vote on the Motion to Adjourn was 4/0/0; 3 Not Voting.

- Thus concludes this session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates. May the almighty keep us all safe until the next meeting of this esteemed Chamber.

- MR. REACTIONARY
  SPEAKER
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 06:44:26 PM »

2/5

The session has been open 1 week. News time.

- a final vote is underway on a rules change which adds 2 new officers and eliminates 1. It should help us speed along uncontroversial bills.

- if Delegate elect Fairbol does not swear in by midnight, Governor Dip may appoint a replacement.

- I imagine the pace of legislating should take off soon. Ive been doing 72 hr weekend votearamas where multiple bills are up for a vote. If that conflicts with a delegates schedule, let me know. I intend to PM everyone notice about final votes whenever they come up. If you want to opt out just let me know.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies