Nader Factor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:10:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Nader Factor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Nader Factor  (Read 18069 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2004, 04:31:45 PM »

The Green party already does influence a few House races.  PLus Dems continue to blame them instead of listening to them and embracing some of their concerns.
We wouldn't win a nationwide election if we "embraced" the Green's point of view.  
jravnsbo

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2004, 04:32:49 PM »

Not all their issues but maybe just something or give them a position or two in an administration.  Something, rather than just blame them for Gore's loss.  Still all i hear from Democrats.

The Green party already does influence a few House races.  PLus Dems continue to blame them instead of listening to them and embracing some of their concerns.
We wouldn't win a nationwide election if we "embraced" the Green's point of view.  
NHPolitico

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2004, 09:19:19 PM »

Not all their issues but maybe just something or give them a position or two in an administration.  Something, rather than just blame them for Gore's loss.  Still all i hear from Democrats.

A Greenie as EPA Administrator, perhaps?  Carol Browner probably was now that I think of it.
jravnsbo

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2004, 11:13:46 PM »

exactly, nader there or sec of interior and he would be happy or at least to his Greener friends.
nader
Rookie

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2004, 08:44:51 PM »

George W Bush would have one. Nader took away votes from bush because he was always attacking bush. The democrates always complain about nader costing them the election, but if nader wasn't running gore would have lost hugly.
zachman

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2004, 09:29:51 PM »

Nader's platform and talk show appearances made no difference. There were far more Democratic deserters to Nader than Republican deserters to Nader. This is why Nader took Florida and my home state away from Gore.
nader
Rookie

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2004, 09:35:24 PM »

Nader's platform and talk show appearances made no difference. There were far more Democratic deserters to Nader than Republican deserters to Nader. This is why Nader took Florida and my home state away from Gore.

I dont think he took them away from gore. He took them away from bush. If nader didn't run bush would have won Florida with more then 500 votes.
zachman

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2004, 09:38:48 PM »

I dont think he took them away from gore. He took them away from bush. If nader didn't run bush would have won Florida with more then 500 votes.
The core of Nader's supporters were democratic deserters who were angry at the Democrats copying the Republicans. Gore was stale and Nader was much more exciting hence a dropoff there.
nader
Rookie

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2004, 09:56:15 PM »

I dissagree, naders main supports were "undecided" or "independents" who just wanted a third party alternative.
Neil.A
Rookie

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2004, 01:17:45 PM »

GORE
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2004, 03:27:46 PM »

That is simply false.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2004, 03:29:54 PM »

That is simply false.

Yep.
But "nader" is a LaRouche fan...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2004, 04:00:36 PM »

If Perot cost George H.W. Bush the 1992 race, then Nader gave the 2000 race to his son. I'm not sure actual polling data supports either position but it sure seems to be ingrained conventional wisdom.

We have already defeated the proposition that Perot cost Bush the election.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies