Trump, Pence, and McConnell quickly embrace extremist candidate (Moore)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:02:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump, Pence, and McConnell quickly embrace extremist candidate (Moore)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump, Pence, and McConnell quickly embrace extremist candidate (Moore)  (Read 912 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »

Moore is going to get the full support of the Republican Party unless he literally murders someone, in which case he'll only get most of the support.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 02:27:29 PM »

AD 317, somewhere in the Roman Empire:

"Marcus, I can't believe these Christians are gaining power, they think that leaving defective children out to die of exposure is the equivalent of murder!"

"Yes Quintus, they are crazy extremists.  Their backwards views go against everything our great civilization stands for."

"We are so much better than they are.  On an unrelated note, you'll be at the gladiator game tomorrow, right, Marcus?"

Marcus and Quintus were 4th century social liberals.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:04 PM »

You really expect them to abandon Moore?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »

"Marcus, I can't believe these Christians are gaining power, they think that leaving defective children out to die of exposure is the equivalent of murder!"

"Yes Quintus, they are crazy extremists.  Their backwards views go against everything our great civilization stands for."

"We are so much better than they are.  On an unrelated note, you'll be at the gladiator game tomorrow, right, Marcus?"

That's one hot take right there, my man. I love how you sidestepped/ignored everything else about Moore to focus on only one issue: abortion. Should I conclude you're perfectly fine with his statements about LGBTQ folks, the 9/11 terror attacks being a punishment for lack of religiosity, that Muslims should be banned from Congress, and that Obama wasn't born in America? I mean, not that any of that would surprise me, considering how pathetic right-wing Christians (and religious fanatics in general) are, but it's still pretty awful.

As for equating the practices of ancient Romans with modern day abortion, that's quite a stretch at best. Nobody is advocating a child who's already born should be left to die for any reason. Most Americans, including social liberals, even disagree with or have reservations about late-term abortion. So, try again.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:42:37 PM »

Of course not, but the fact that (a) he won the primary and (b) GOP leadership was so quick to embrace him should tell us a lot about the current state of the party.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »

"Yes Quintus, they are crazy extremists.  Their backwards views go against everything our great civilization stands for."

"We are so much better than they are.  On an unrelated note, you'll be at the gladiator game tomorrow, right, Marcus?"

That's one hot take right there, my man. I love how you sidestepped/ignored everything else about Moore to focus on only one issue: abortion. Should I conclude you're perfectly fine with his statements about LGBTQ folks, the 9/11 terror attacks being a punishment for lack of religiosity, that Muslims should be banned from Congress, and that Obama wasn't born in America? I mean, not that any of that would surprise me, considering how pathetic right-wing Christians (and religious fanatics in general) are, but it's still pretty awful.

As for equating the practices of ancient Romans with modern day abortion, that's quite a stretch at best. Nobody is advocating a child who's already born should be left to die for any reason. Most Americans, including social liberals, even disagree with or have reservations about late-term abortion. So, try again.

I don't support anti-sodomy laws.
I think that 9/11, along with many bad things, may have been God's judgment (like the Civil War was judgment for slavery).  But I can't know what 9/11 was for.
I oppose every attempt at infringing on the liberties of Muslims.  And the rising anti-Muslim sentiment in the GOP is terrible.
Obama was born in Hawaii.

Some Europeans (and I'm sure Americans too) advocate euthanasia of children born with certain disabilities.

Every society defends the evil things present in their culture while wondering how people at other times and in other lands could have done the terrible things they did.  The Romans were rightfully horrified by human sacrifice, while committing atrocities themselves.  Many Northerners in the 1860s rightfully hated slavery, yet had no problem with killing Indians in the West.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:39:59 PM »

"Yes Quintus, they are crazy extremists.  Their backwards views go against everything our great civilization stands for."

"We are so much better than they are.  On an unrelated note, you'll be at the gladiator game tomorrow, right, Marcus?"

10/10 troll, I had a good laugh
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »

Of course not, but the fact that (a) he won the primary and (b) GOP leadership was so quick to embrace him should tell us a lot about the current state of the party.

Unfortunately, every party is the same in embracing extremist candidates after winning primaries. It’s how it’s always been and always will be.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 06:30:14 PM »

They're extremists themselves, how is this surprising?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »

The Republican Party is so extreme, is absolutely disgusts me.  Hillary for Senate.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »

Unfortunately, every party is the same in embracing extremist candidates after winning primaries. It’s how it’s always been and always will be.

So where's Senator Sestak then? He clearly would've won re-election after being the lone celebration of the night in 2010 if that were true.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »

So where's Senator Sestak then? He clearly would've won re-election after being the lone celebration of the night in 2010 if that were true.

The establishment purity trolls hated his guts so much for challenging Specter that the DSCC spent millions to deny him the nomination 6 years later.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »

Okay, why is this surprising? Look at how quickly the "establishment" Republicans embraced extremist candidate Trump after he won*. Trump, Pence, and McConnell ARE extremists, like 90 percent of the Republican Party. Wait until we see that cracker Moore on C-SPAN preaching fire and brimstone and turning the Senate into the Westboro Baptist Church. He'll probably take Lyin' Ted's place as the most hated member of the Senate before long. Ugh, I can't believe that there's soon going to be a senator who's even more deplorable than Cruz. Thanks, Alabama.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »

Senate Republicans have never heard of Roy Moore

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/27/roy-moore-senate-republicans-no-comment-243220

Looks like their press strategy for Moore is to just pretend they don't know anything about him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »

It's better to be dumb than evil.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »

If he was known to cook and eat babies, they would support him.
No surprises here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies