Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:42:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider  (Read 5180 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 02:17:38 PM »

I much prefer the nickname "Cheeto Benito" myself.

Homer Simpson + Donald Trump = Benito Mussolini
Watch it here : https://youtu.be/sjwSVCnl7Rw
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »

Some of the blue avatars on this site, find the strangest topics to "attempt" to defend.
It's as if they don't see the bigger picture, but just the outer skin, and then prematurely scream "the sky is falling."
This has become typical of chatter/responses from the trump's deplorable and uneducated base.

The sky has been falling for liberals every since Trump's victory. And of course all of Trump's supporters are uneducated, unrefined, and awful people because they didn't vote for Queen Hillary.

Not sure what rock you have been hiding under, but the sky has been falling for everyone, since trump won the election. Even our allies are pissed, concerned and perplexed by the immature and clownish actions of our Fuhrer. Everyone around the world is laughing at the USA. Wake up.

I didn't say "all of trump's supporters" but just his deplorable uneducated base. But if you insist, then we will go with what you say, and call it "all." Your choice.

Last time I checked, the economy is doing pretty well. Stock market at all time highs, consumer confidence at all time highs, and gas prices at lowest point on July 4th since 2005..
And to compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler in any way, shape or form is absolutely disgusting.

If you think that trump has anything/everything to do with how the economy has (somewhat) recovered over the last 10 years or so,  you are kidding yourself.
trump is disgusting .... so to compare him to other notable disgusting leaders/Fuhrers is noteworthy and proper.

If you believe he is a bad leader, compare him to other bad leaders. But to compare him to Adolf Hitler who among other things.. had 6 million Jews killed, attempting to craft a master race by exterminating undesirables, murdering gays, disabled people and others who he didn't agree with, and starting a war that killed between 50-80 million. That is absolutely disgusting and sickening. And to think, we were the ones called deplorable.

Well, after he kills so many sick people from throwing them off their health insurance, he is comparable. Remember he supported that disgusting and "mean" TrumpCare bill out of The House. He was so proud of that bill, he even threw a huge party after its passing .... remember ?
Now that is deplorable !
Actually ... it shouldn't even be referred to as "TrumpCare Insurance" but more like TrumpDeath Insurance.

He's definitely got a LONG WAY to go before he is anywhere close to Hitler.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2017, 02:41:27 PM by Adam T »

Um being a member of an enemy state during war should have put him behind bars for life

You're not familiar with the concept of PoW, are you ?

That only applies if the tailban/al queda were legitimate states which they aren't ,so no he is a terrorist which means he should be in prison for the rest of the life since he was caught.

And even if they are legitimate states he should be thrown in prison for treason as joining the enemy in a time of war is treason .

1.I largely agree with the first part.  He was fighting with a terrorist organization and for that I have no sympathy for him if he had been placed in jail for the rest of his life.

In his case, however, while he may not have been a 'child soldier' under the technical definition he was 15 years old and he's made a credible argument that he was forced to fight under duress.  

I think it's clear that the United States is angry, and understandably so, that an American soldier was killed in the fight that Kadr was involved in, and, as he was the only terrorist to survive or be captured from that fight, the U.S decided to hold him responsible for the killing of the soldier, even if it took using torture techniques to secure his confession that led to his military conviction.

2.Omar Kadr is a Canadian citizen, so it's up to us to decide if he committed treason, not the United States.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »

I much prefer the nickname "Cheeto Benito" myself.

Homer Simpson + Donald Trump = Benito Mussolini
Watch it here : https://youtu.be/sjwSVCnl7Rw

I think this radio play from 1955 did the best job of portraying Donald Trump.
X Minus One "The Vital Factor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlUSYuMp3c
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 04:31:13 PM »

You people cheer if someone has their life ruined because of a racist meme but you celebrate a literal member of Taliban getting let go and given 10 million dollars.

The left is messed up. Civilization is doomed.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2017, 01:19:09 PM by TexasGurl »

You people cheer if someone has their life ruined because of a racist meme but you celebrate a literal member of Taliban getting let go and given 10 million dollars.

So, you have no problem with torturing a person to extract a confession in order to imprison him?

You're messed up. Idiot Republican cultists are the reason civilization is doomed, if it is doomed.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 04:46:30 PM »

Standing up for the rule of law, due process, and human rights is not the same as "cheering" the outcome here.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

Standing up for the rule of law, due process, and human rights is not the same as "cheering" the outcome here.

The problem here is that this is too 'nuanced' for idiot conservatives to understand.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »

The problem here is that this is too 'nuanced' for idiot conservatives to understand.

Once again, talking down to the "uneducated, unrefined" voter because they don't agree with your beliefs..
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2017, 04:54:39 PM »

The only thing Mortimer understands is that when a brown person is free from jail it's never a good thing.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2017, 04:55:55 PM »

Once again, talking down to the "uneducated, unrefined" voter because they don't agree with your beliefs..

No, I'm talking down to 'uneducated, unrefined' people because they're uneducated and unrefined people.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2017, 04:59:21 PM »

No, I'm talking down to 'uneducated, unrefined' people because they're uneducated and unrefined people.

Or is it because they don't agree with you. We don't all go on to achieve master's degrees and become far left liberals.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 05:02:52 PM »

Or is it because they don't agree with you. We don't all go on to achieve master's degrees and become far left liberals.

What facts are in dispute here?

Kadhr was turned over by the Canadian government to the United States illegally because they knew he would likely be tortured by the U.S government.

He was tortured in order to extract a confession of guilt, which, thereby makes the finding that he committed the killing 'fake news.'

The Canadian government, knowing these facts, finally decided to settle the case rather than drag it on longer knowing it would lose and possibly facing a settlement double what was agreed to.

Those are the facts.

All you have is mindless OUTRAGE!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2017, 05:04:55 PM »

You can have a master's degree and still be a stupid racist.

Not having a master's degree is not an excuse for being a backwards asshole.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »

Kadhr was turned over by the Canadian government to the United States illegally because they knew he would likely be tortured by the U.S government.

He was tortured in order to extract a confession of guilt, which, thereby makes the finding that he committed the killing 'fake news.'

The Canadian government, knowing these facts, finally decided to settle the case rather than drag it on longer knowing it would lose and possibly facing a settlement double what was agreed to.

Those are the facts.

I'm just angry about your "idiot conservatives" concept. I can guarantee you all conservatives aren't idiots. While I strongly disagree with most aspects of liberalism, I realize that they are doing what they think is best. Talking down to Middle America is what lost Hillary Clinton the last election.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »

Those are the facts.

I'm just angry about your "idiot conservatives" concept. I can guarantee you all conservatives aren't idiots. While I strongly disagree with most aspects of liberalism, I realize that they are doing what they think is best. Talking down to Middle America is what lost Hillary Clinton the last election.

Awww, poor widdle baby.  I hurt your feelings.

When aren't you idiot conservatives angry or OUTRAGED?

Wasn't angry when Trump won - Liberals "muh rigged election" "muh Russian interference"
Trump's inauguration - Liberals "Not my President"
Women's March - Liberals wear their vagina hats.
Come on.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2017, 05:19:45 PM »

The United States should also pay compensation.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2017, 05:20:22 PM »

This thread is pretty dumb.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »

Canada is a member of NATO and since America was attacked by al queda who were harbored by the tailban they too were at war with the tailban meaning this guy committed TREASON . I think the US should put a law that anyone who is part of ISIS , AL Queda , or the tailban should get the Death Penealty . I think Omar should be sued till he is bankrupt and then he  should be banned from recieving  any social services (including the most basic ones ) .

He is a terrible person and the fact that left is praising this proves they hate America .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2017, 05:47:02 PM by Old School Republican »

The United States should also pay compensation.

Yah by sending him to US prison
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »

No the far left is
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2017, 05:27:19 PM »

Canada is a member of NATO and since America was attacked by al queda who were harbored by the tailban they too were at war with the tailban meaning this guy committed TREASON . I think the US should put a law that anyone who is part of ISIS , AL Queda , or the tailban should get the Death Penealty . I think Omar should be sued till he is bankrupt and then he  should be banned from recieving  any social services (including the most basic ones ) .

He is a terrible person and the fact that left is praising this proves they hate America .

I totally agree.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2017, 05:39:04 PM »

Wasn't he 15 years old at the time he was captured?  You support the death penalty for minors?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

HE KILLED A UNITED STATES SOLDIER
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies