Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:07:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider  (Read 5277 times)
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« on: July 07, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »

Article 5 is used against sovereign states not terror organisations since to use it would be to imply that the latter are some way legitimate.  Besides; it'd also be incredibly hypocritical for a wide range of reasons - the first that comes to mind is that people from America were openly funding the IRA which were, eh, a terror organisation and under your argument America ought to have arrested them for Treason, which seems rather rediculous.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »

I note that the OP has done his normal thing of ignoring awkward points that he can't address.

So I'll ask more directly: should America have arrested people who directly funded the IRA for Treason?  Or indeed; those who gave weapons and support for the Mujahideen in the eighties?
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »

If they tried to make war on the UK yes they should have .

Need I say more chaps, need I say more.  This shows how much this guy knows about the world outside his little Oregon bubble
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »

The (small) number of British SS members (almost all from the Channel Islands due to the German occupation) got treated exactly the same as all POWs were at the time - as probably should have been the case.

There's also the fact that your ignoring: that treason is rebellion against your own state: so you can't commit treason against another country.  Like I can't commit treason against America or Belgium or whoever since those are not my country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies