John Kerry defeats George W. Bush 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:54:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  John Kerry defeats George W. Bush 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: John Kerry defeats George W. Bush 2004  (Read 21423 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »

Interesting!

April 7, 2028 - POLL: Haley, Coons tied nationally, independents Scott and Malloy in double-digits

National - Haley 32% Coons 32% Scott 15% Malloy 14%
Florida - Haley 30% Coons 29% Scott 15% Malloy 12%
Colorado - Haley 33% Coons 33% Scott 14% Malloy 11%
Pennsylvania - Coons 35% Haley 32% Malloy 12% Scott 12%
New Hampshire - Coons 30% Haley 27% Scott 17% Malloy 14%
Ohio - Haley 36% Coons 35% Scott 16% Malloy 14%
Nevada - Haley 33% Coons 33% Scott 14% Malloy 12%
Michigan - Coons 30% Haley 23% Scott 15% Malloy 15%
Wisconsin - Coons 31% Haley 23% Malloy 17% Scott 15%
Iowa - Haley 30% Coons 30% Scott 16% Malloy 14%
North Carolina - Haley 37% Coons 30% Scott 14% Malloy 12%

June 17, 2028 - Scott selects Crist as running-mate

CLEVELAND, OH - Independent Presidential Hopeful and Former Republican Governor of Vermont Phil Scott announced that Congressman and Former Democratic Presidential Hopeful Charlie Crist of Florida would be his running-mate in the 2028 election. "Charlie Crist will join me as an independent voice for the American people. Together, we will stand for fiscal responsibility, economic development, and social justice for every American," Scott stated.

July 21, 2028 - Chris Coons introduces U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) as running-mate

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee and U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chris Coons (D-DE) announced that U.S. Senator Kamala Harris would be his running-mate in the 2028 election. "Kamala Harris is a leading progressive voice for criminal justice reform, fair trade, and health care access for more Americans. She has the experience, the character, and the vision to be Vice President of the United States," Coons said of Harris.

August 2, 2028 - Nikki Haley selects Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman as running-mate

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Vice President Nikki Haley, the Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee, announced that Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman Jr. would be her running-mate in the 2028 election. "Jon Huntsman has a lifetime of experience in the private sector, as a Governor, and as a diplomat. I trust Secretary Huntsman's judgement and ability to serve the American people," Haley said of Huntsman.
BushKerry04

« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »

August 7, 2028 - Governor George P. Bush of Texas delivers keynote address to Republican National Convention

"Eight years ago, my father selected Nikki Haley to be his Vice President because of her integrity, commitment to conservative principles, and ability to bring people together for the betterment of our great country. Since they took office, Americans have created over 14 million new jobs, poverty has hit a 50-year low, welfare rolls have been reduced by over 40%, the achievement gap in education has been reduced, and median income has risen by over $2,400. The question for us now is, where do we go from here? Nikki Haley is the only candidate in this election who has pledged not to increase taxes and the only candidate who has a detailed plan to help reduce veteran homelessness, unemployment, and lack of health insurance. Only Nikki Haley would appoint judges who believe in our constitution, support school choice, defend the pro-life position, and she's the only candidate with real plans to balance the budget, reduce the size of government, and return power to states. My friends, Nikki Haley and our Republican Congress will work to expand opportunity for all Americans and stand up for individual liberty" - Gov. George P. Bush (R-TX)

August 9, 2028 - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"Americans do best when we work together to solve problems. Over the course of history, the American people have risen to the occasion to both meet the challenges and embrace the opportunities the times demanded. Today, with an economy in a period of growth, federal budgets that are balanced, test scores rising for our students, the number of Americans in poverty falling, and our trade deficits at a 30-year low, we have an opportunity to expand prosperity to every corner of our country while promoting even more fiscal responsibility, economic growth, and social well-being for this generation and the next. Nikki Haley and I have detailed proposals to balance the federal budget, reduce the size of government, return power to states, encourage innovation, and build even stronger alliances with our allies across the globe. Senator Coons believes in the failed economic policies of the past. He's embracing a program that would add $2 trillion to the national debt, increase federal spending by over 15%, and reduce future economic growth. Senator Coons wants to increase taxes on Americans by over $700 billion and as the Wall Street Journal pointed out, his economic proposal would both reduce take-home pay and increase the cost of health insurance and energy. I ask the American people to join Nikki Haley and I in the fight to make government more efficient, not more costly" - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman, Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

August 10, 2028 - Vice President Nikki Haley accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"My candidacy for President is a testament not only to the dreams of my parents, but to the dreams of all Americans. Our opponents are trying to sell a package of goods based on the notion that the American dream is unreachable. My standing here today is proof that their ideas about Americans are false. The American people are ambitious, honest, hard-working, and ready to move our country forward. This election offers us an important choice, as do all elections. Presidents Romney and Bush implemented policies that have made this era one of tremendous economic prosperity and fiscal health. I am honored to have served as Vice President under one of these great American Presidents. This election isn't about if the policies of the past eight years and those implemented under President Romney. This election is about sustaining the prosperity we enjoy today and working to enjoy even greater prosperity tomorrow. As Republicans, we believe prosperity is created by the American people, not the federal government. That's why my top priority as President will be to limit the size and scope of the federal government. While the President and Congress can play a role in encouraging innovation and promoting growth through lower taxes and fewer regulations, it is up to states and the primarily the private sector to promote a health economy. I'm not running for President to manage the economy, I'm running for President to help Americans manage the economy and their own economic situation" - Vice President Nikki Haley, Republican Presidential Nominee

August 21, 2028 - Governor of Pennsylvania Mike Stack delievers DNC Keynote Address

"There are some in the media and at the grassroots level who would have you believe Chris Coons isn't a progressive. Here's the truth. When trade agreements were costing American workers their jobs because they weren't being enforced, Chris Coons led the fight to enforce fair trade, saving over a million American manufacturing jobs. When the Republicans refused to raise the federal minimum wage for more than a decade, it was Chris Coons who led the fight to raise the minimum wage. When the Republicans refused to expand health insurance coverage for the most vulnerable in our society, it was Chris Coons who fight for the largest medicaid expansion in the history of our country. Over 4 million more Americans have health coverage today because of Chris Coons. For eighteen years, Chris Coons has been fighting every moment of every day to defend our progressive values and create a society that is more fair and more just" -

August 23, 2028 - U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"At their convention, the Republicans told us that everything in America is perfect. That if we just keep taxes low and keep the government out of everything, we'll continue to prosper. My fellow Americans, Chris Coons and I fully acknowledge that this is a period of economic growth. However, we also acknowledge the reality that we still face extraordinary challenges as Americans. We still have over 19 million Americans without health insurance, millions of young people who have the grades for college but lack the means to afford it, trade agreements that send manufacturing jobs overseas, farmers who lack a social safety net, urban schools that fail too many kids, and a drug epidemic that impacts countless individuals, families, and communities. For eight years, the Bush/Haley administration have ignored these challenges and in fact, they've created some of them. Chris Coons and I seek an America that embraces the principles of equality under the law, an economy that is fair for all, and a foreign policy that creates peace and security for all" - Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

August 24, 2028 - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chris Coons (D-DE) accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"For my entire adult life, I have fought hard for those without a voice and to promote an America where all can enjoy a sense of economic security and social inclusion. I understand full well that America isn't about Washington D.C., lobbyists, or special interests. Americans are tired of leaders who can be bought and who do things to benefit their donors. As I travel this country, I learn more and more that people are tired of partisanship and special interest politics. What Americans want are leaders who get the right things done for people. People care less about political party and ideology and more about progress. My friends, there have been times where I have worked with President Bush to get things done. He's definitely a man of integrity who loves his country, there can be no doubt. But the President and Vice President have had the wrong priorities for our country. Eight years ago, the President and Vice President promised us they'd invest in our people. And while we've worked together on a few things to this end, this administration has squandered funding for key programs to invest in our infrastructure and education systems. Instead, they've prioritized tax breaks for the wealthy and giveaways to corporate polluters. My priorities are health care, education, the environment, the American worker, and our veterans. For eighteen years, those have been my priorities, and they'll continue to be so as President of the United States. It has been said by some that I'm not a true progressive. That couldn't be further from the truth. The proof is in the policies I've fought for and the endorsements I've received during this campaign. But while I am a proud progressive, I am willing to work with anyone who will work with me to do what's right for the American people" - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chris Coons (D-DE), Democratic Presidential Nominee
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2017, 01:31:28 PM »

This will be a election that goes to house and senate.
BushKerry04

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2017, 10:32:42 PM »

This will be a election that goes to house and senate.

Could be!

October 4, 2028 - Following first debate on domestic issues, most voters say Scott won

WASHINGTON, DC - According to a Gallup poll following the first presidential debate, a plurality of voters believe Independent Presidential Hopeful Phil Scott won the first presidential debate. 37% of voters believe Scott won, compared to 20% for Republican nominee Nikki Haley, 19% for Independent candidate Dan Malloy, and 17% for Democratic candidate Chris Coons. During the debate, Scott sought to bridge the gap between Republicans and Democrats, arguing that he supported Republican efforts to control federal spending and keep taxes low, while he agreed with Democrats that the nation must invest in education, infrastructure, and health care. He also attacked his opponents and symbols of partisan extremes and was especially critical of Democrat Chris Coons's proposed spending increases. Vice President Nikki Haley, the GOP nominee for President, defended the policies of the Bush administration and pledged to return power and influence back to states. Haley was critical of all of her opponents, arguing they all would increase the national debt and the size of government. Democratic nominee Chris Coons slammed Haley as a symbol of what he called "a status-quo unwilling to innovate or think ahead." Coons also argued that opponent Dan Malloy had "accomplished nothing for the country." Malloy used the debate to argue for universal health care and to scale back efforts by the Bush administration to crack down on sanctuary cities. Malloy also slammed Chris Coons as a "tool of the special interests."

October 12, 2028 - POLL: Huntsman wins Vice Presidential Debate

WASHINGTON, DC - Following a relatively civil Vice Presidential Debate, 40% of Americans felt GOP Vice Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman Jr. won the debate, compared with just 33% believing Independent Charlie Crist won, with 10% each believing Democrat Kamala Harris and Independent Bill DeBlasio won the debate. Huntsman and Crist both dedicated much time to arguing that the two political parties should work together, while DeBlasio and Harris traded barbs over which of their respective tickets was the truly progressive one. 

October 23, 2028 - Candidates remain civil on foreign policy

PHILADELPHIA, PA - During a debate on foreign policy at Temple University in Philadelphia, Presidential Hopefuls Nikki Haley (R), Chris Coons (D), Phil Scott (I), and Dan Malloy (I) refrained from attacking each other and instead laid out their foreign policy visions. Haley defended President Bush's increases in defense spending and hawkish posture towards Iran as Coons was in agreement with Haley over the current administration's handling of foreign affairs in the middle-east. Malloy argued that the U.S. should scale-back military spending as Scott said the U.S. should focus on expanding free trade as a top foreign policy priority. All the candidates agreed that the U.S. should strengthen it's alliances with NATO partners.

November 1, 2028 - Candidates make their final pitch to voters

"Eight years ago, we Americans were pessimistic about the future. The prosperity of the Romney years had slowed down, our deficits inched up, and the previous administration, working with Senator Coons, made it harder for American companies to trade with our allies to reduce the costs of consumer products and create jobs for this generation and the next. Working hard, President Bush and I have worked with the American people and Congress to reform our tax code, improve the quality of our schools, invest in our workforce, and rebuild American roads and ports. This election isn't just a choice between four candidates, it's an opportunity to secure the future prosperity and security of every American. I have the experience in business, as a conservative Congresswoman, as a Governor who balanced budgets and cut taxes, and as Vice President alongside one of history's great Presidents to go to Washington and get things done for all Americans. We have a historic opportunity to implement a constitutional balanced budget amendment, return power and programs to states, cut taxes for companies that invest in innovation, and improve the quality of education for every child through more charters and choice. I am a proud product of the American dream. My conservative values have guided me to always tell the truth, do the right thing, work hard, and give back to others. Today, I humbly ask for your vote in this election so we can move America forward" - Vice President Nikki Haley

"For eight years, the Bush/Haley administration has forgotten working families who are having a hard time affording health insurance, college tuition, and making ends meet. This administration has ignored real Americans and instead focused on giving tax breaks to the rich, empowering corporate polluters, and flat-lining funding for infrastructure, education, and even the social safety net. My entire career has been dedicated to fighting for working families. I saved over a million manufacturing jobs by cracking down on unfair trade practices, that's why I'll enforce fair trade and protect American jobs as President. I fought to take on corporate polluters and will reverse this administration's attempts to empower the fossil fuel industry to the detriment of our environment. I also fought to raise the federal minimum wage and will fight to do so again as President. My Republican friend, the Vice President, will defend the status-quo and reduce investments in education, housing, and our infrastructure. My friend Governor Malloy supports policies that would increase the national debt by trillions of dollars overnight. My friend Governor Scott wants to be all things to all voters. What America needs today is an experienced leader ready to take on the status-quo so prosperity can be enjoyed by all Americans. For eighteen years, I've led on issue after issue at the federal level, before that I led at the state and local level. I'm asking for your support in this election because we Americans can do better than we are today" - Senate Minority Leader Chris Coons

"I'm not a believer in partisan politics, I'm a believer in finding solutions. That's what I did in business and as the Republican Governor in one of the most progressive states in the nation. Charlie Crist and I are seeking your support this November 9th because we believe what you believe. That Republicans have some good ideas, but that so do Democrats. We've authored a plan to raise standards in education, expand health care access to more people, raise the federal minimum wage, cut taxes for everyone, and still balance the federal budget. What separates us from the others is we take good ideas from both parties and combine them. We believe that government should be limited much like our Republican friends do, yet we also believe that government can partner with the private sector to help more Americans get ahead, as our Democratic friends do. Our allegiance is not to political bosses, special interests, or the leaders in both political parties. I'd like to sit down with Vice President Haley and work to balance the budget, because this administration has done a good job in that regard. I'd like to sit down with Senator Coons and enforce fair trade while preserving free trade, as he's done. I'd like to work with Governor Malloy to find efficient ways to invest in higher education, as he did as a Governor. My candidacy is about ideas, solutions, and public service. I'm asking for the support of my fellow citizens so that together, we can get great things done for our country" - Former Governor of Vermont Phil Scott

"Americans are tired of politicians who ignore their needs, hopes, and aspirations. In Connecticut, I invested in expanding health care coverage to virtually every child in our state, improving our public universities, and in raising standards in education. We raised the minimum wage, passed legislation to protect the rights of our LGBT community, and took on corporate polluters. We proved that progressive principles can work for all of us. I made the decision to take on the establishment of both political parties in this election and fight for the things Americans yearn for. Health care for all, a higher minimum wage, equal pay for equal work, investments in the green economy, universal Pre-K, doubling the number of pell grants so more of our kids can go to college, and appointing judges who defend a woman's right to choose and marriage equality. Senator Coons has led the Democratic Party down a road to being Republican-lite. He caved to the Republicans on issues from school choice to changing social security as we know it. Senator Coons and Democrats in Washington D.C. today offer the people of this country very little contrast with the Republicans. I'm here to show contrast with Vice President Haley and her vision for an America where we give tax breaks to the rich and giveaways to large corporations as millions go without a decent education, health care, or even housing. This is a great country, let's prove to the world that we can provide for our people. That's why I humbly ask for your vote" - Former Governor of Connecticut Dan Malloy
BushKerry04

« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2017, 11:18:16 PM by BushKerry04 »

November 9, 2028 - Democrats +2 in U.S. Senate, +7 in House; Haley wins presidency

Popular Vote:
Nikki Haley / Jon Huntsman (R) 32%
Chris Coons / Kamala Harris (D) 30%
Phil Scott / Charlie Crist (I) 25%
Dan Malloy / Bill DeBlasio (I) 12%

Electoral College:
Haley (R) 275
Coons (D) 166
Scott (I) 76
Malloy (I) 21

By Ideology:
Conservative - Haley 50% Scott 40% Coons 8% Malloy 1%
Moderate - Scott 32% Haley 31% Coons 25% Malloy 11%
Liberal - Coons 44% Malloy 40% Scott 10% Haley 5%

By Political Party:
Republican - Haley 62% Scott 30% Coons 5% Malloy 1%
Independent - Haley 32% Coons 30% Scott 25% Malloy 12%
Democratic - Coons 50% Malloy 40% Scott 7% Haley 2%

By Race:
White - Haley 38% Coons 30% Scott 22% Malloy 9%
Hispanic/Latino - Scott 37% Coons 30% Haley 20% Malloy 12%
Black - Coons 67% Malloy 25% Scott 5% Haley 2%
Asian - Coons 55% Scott 25% Haley 12% Malloy 7%
Other - Coons 77% Malloy 15% Scott 5% Haley 2%

By Area:
Rural - Haley 60% Coons 24% Malloy 10% Scott 5%
Suburban - Haley 45% Scott 30% Coons 20% Malloy 4%
Urban - Coons 50% Mallloy 27% Scott 13% Haley 9%

By Region:
Northeast - Scott 30% Coons 30% Malloy 20% Haley 19%
Midwest - Haley 35% Scott 32% Coons 25% Malloy 7%
Rocky Mountains - Haley 62% Scott 18% Coons 18% Malloy 1%
South - Haley 40% Coons 25% Scott 25% Malloy 9%
Southwest - Haley 35% Coons 33% Scott 20% Malloy 11%

By Income:
Under $40K - Malloy 40% Coons 40% Scott 12% Haley 7%
$40K-$60K - Coons 37% Haley 30% Malloy 20% Scott 12%
$60K-$85K - Coons 33% Haley 33% Scott 25% Malloy 8%
$85K-$150K - Haley 40% Scott 30% Malloy 24% Malloy 5%
$150K-$500K - Haley 50% Scott 30% Coons 14% Malloy 4%
$500K-$1 million - Haley 60% Scott 25% Coons 10% Malloy 4%
Above $1 million - Haley 67% Scott 20% Coons 10% Malloy 2%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Haley 40% Coons 30% Scott 21% Malloy 7%
Debt - Haley 50% Scott 40% Coons 7% Malloy 2%
National Security - Haley 33% Coons 33% Scott 30% Malloy 2%
Immigration - Coons 51% Scott 30% Haley 12% Malloy 6%
Health Care - Coons 50% Malloy 30% Haley 12% Scott 7%
Entitlement Programs - Coons 41% Haley 30% Scott 20% Malloy 8%
Education - Haley 35% Coons 30% Scott 20% Malloy 14%

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2024?
Better 60%
Worse 3%
Same 37%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
Nikki Haley - 61% Favorable, 25% Unfavorable
Chris Coons - 56% Favorable, 27% Unfavorable
Phil Scott - 70% Favorable, 19% Unfavorable
Dan Malloy - 50% Favorable, 29% Unfavorable
Jon Huntsman - 60% Favorable, 12% Unfavorable
Kamala Harris - 49% Favorable, 40% Unfavorable
Charlie Crist - 47% Favorable, 33% Unfavorable
Bill DeBlasio - 39% Favorable, 44% Unfavorable

Swing State Results:
Ohio - Haley 34% Scott 30% Coons 26% Malloy 9%
Virginia - Haley 33% Coons 30% Scott 17% Malloy 9%
Pennsylvania - Scott 33% Coons 32% Haley 25% Malloy 9%
New Mexico - Coons 35% Haley 30% Scott 17% Malloy 17%
Colorado - Haley 31% Coons 30% Scott 24% Malloy 14%
Nevada - Scott 30% Haley 29% Coons 28% Malloy 12%
Iowa - Scott 32% Haley 30% Coons 30% Malloy 7%
New Hampshire - Scott 31% Haley 30% Coons 28% Malloy 10%
North Carolina - Haley 41% Coons 30% Scott 20% Malloy 8%
Florida - Haley 35% Scott 30% Coons 30% Malloy 4%

Candidate/Running-mate home state results
South Carolina - Haley 67% Scott 20% Coons 10% Malloy 2%
Utah - Haley 72% Scott 20% Coons 6% Malloy 1%
Delaware - Coons 55% Scott 20% Haley 15% Malloy 9%
California - Coons 37% Haley 30% Malloy 20% Scott 12%
Vermont - Malloy 30% Scott 29% Coons 25% Haley 15%
Florida - Haley 35% Scott 30% Coons 30% Malloy 4%
Connecticut - Malloy 35% Coons 30% Haley 20% Scott 14%
New York - Coons 50% Haley 30% Malloy 14% Scott 5%

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »

So this is the last post in the timeline? I guess that might make some sense if you don't want this to go on forever until you run out of ideas
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »

Amazing job!
BushKerry04

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »

So this is the last post in the timeline? I guess that might make some sense if you don't want this to go on forever until you run out of ideas

Correct, but I am about to post a new timeline.

Thank you very much!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »

Agree! I was kind of hoping to see how many decades into the future you could manage to go but it was great while it lasted
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies