Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:22:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7782 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »

For me, it depends.  I think that a few of my views get the bulk of my criticism, but I will always stand firm for what I believe in.  I also have been looking less and less at the US General Discussion forum, because it is all Russia conspiracy theories and a fundamental disagreement on what healthcare system is best (I think the most efficient would be the government having no role in health care).  Other forums aren't nearly as bad.  Atlas's predictions are always too bullish on Democrats, but I get that because we all think our party will win and there are more Democrats here.

On the other hand, I actually don't think being pro-life is that hard, but some call me out for focusing too much on that one issue (which is impossible, by the way).
>being pro-life
>wanting the government out of healthcare

pick one.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 09:24:23 PM »

For me, it depends.  I think that a few of my views get the bulk of my criticism, but I will always stand firm for what I believe in.  I also have been looking less and less at the US General Discussion forum, because it is all Russia conspiracy theories and a fundamental disagreement on what healthcare system is best (I think the most efficient would be the government having no role in health care).  Other forums aren't nearly as bad.  Atlas's predictions are always too bullish on Democrats, but I get that because we all think our party will win and there are more Democrats here.

On the other hand, I actually don't think being pro-life is that hard, but some call me out for focusing too much on that one issue (which is impossible, by the way).
>being pro-life

pick one.

Abortion isn't health care.  Health care doesn't kill people.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 09:25:12 PM »

I'm not a republican, but being a blue dog can be a little challenging at times.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

Lack of healthcare does...
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

As I have explained over and over again, the mere existence of entitlements creates the need for them.  If we got rid of every last entitlement, people would have to adapt and the free market would do its magic.  I would actually perhaps consider banning all health insurance other than catastrophic coverage to actually set up a normal supply/demand system for health care.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

As I have explained over and over again, the mere existence of entitlements creates the need for them.  If we got rid of every last entitlement, people would have to adapt and the free market would do its magic.  I would actually perhaps consider banning all health insurance other than catastrophic coverage to actually set up a normal supply/demand system for health care.

That honestly sounds like a terrifying euphemism...
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

Protecting the unborn is not a healthcare decision.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

How does my mentally disabled brother who can't even shower by himself "adapt?"
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

That honestly sounds like a terrifying euphemism...

Thanks Goldwater for speaking simple truth to power....

Honestly, I think Barry Goldwater would be churning in his grave if he were to see what the Republican Party has become, (and I do come from a Libertarian perspective on many issues, despite my avatar.)

I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2017, 11:57:13 PM »

I feel like it's hard to even be a GOP-leaning centrist who occasionally votes for Libertarians and moderate Democrats.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 06:41:36 AM »

>being pro-life

pick one.
My point was that taking the government out of healthcare will kill people and is therefore definitely not pro-life policy.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

You support letting the free market solve everything and banning health insurance?  How the hell does that even...

*remembers who I'm replying to*

Oh, nevermind.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

Yes. I try not to even fight back against people calling the party and racist and sexist one because I know that once I do a majority of people here will use their own twisted "facts" in an extremely misconstrued way.

And yes it's much worse if you support Trump.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2017, 01:38:44 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.
My point was that taking the government out of healthcare will kill people and is therefore definitely not pro-life policy.

I support reeling back government intervention from healthcare in portions, not ripping it off like bandaid.
This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

ExtremeRepublican endorsing the Cadillac Tax is somewhat of a surprise.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

No it wouldn't , because variable costs per unit  is high in the healthcare industry, which means the unit price will also remain high and you won't be able to fix it with simile supply and demand economics.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »

Just a side note: I got kicked from AH.com for a week for saying that Trump wasn't racist and sexist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »

Just a side note: I got kicked from AH.com for a week for saying that Trump wasn't racist and sexist.
Well that is common considering it's a forum run by a literal Nazi.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2017, 10:35:00 PM »

I just went over there and checked your mention in the Hall of Infamy. Unless there's extra context I missed, your post was nowhere near ban-worthy. I think highly of the AH forums, but I think they got this one wrong.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »

I just went over there and checked your mention in the Hall of Infamy. Unless there's extra context I missed, your post was nowhere near ban-worthy. I think highly of the AH forums, but I think they got this one wrong.
Thank you for this. I was very pissed to find out that I was kicked.

I was also called a supporter of racism and sexism for not denying that Trump is.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 12:23:06 AM »

>being pro-life

pick one.

Supply and demand works by pricing people out of the market to reduce demand and thus bring prices down. Considering the difficulties in increasing supply in the health care sector, that means it would all necessarily come from the demand side.

When you price people out of health care, you are killing people.

>being pro-life

pick one.

I would also take this time to note that ripping the private sector out of healthcare and trying to transition to single payer system would have virtually same effect once you account for the massive disruption that would occur. Especially when you consider just how large a percentage of the economy is healthcare in the US compared to what it was decades ago when other countries implemented such a system.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2017, 04:28:35 AM »

Few things are as depressing to me as hearing Republicans shout about "free markets" for healthcare since it displays profound ignorance of how insurance markets actually operate.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »

This place was really a Hillary echo chamber last year.

Definitely was. I was relentlessly attacked constantly
Of course, I agree. As I have said many times, this site is nothing but a Borg Collective.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »

Few things are as depressing to me as hearing Republicans shout about "free markets" for healthcare since it displays profound ignorance of how insurance markets actually operate.

Freeer* markets.  As my CFO-of-a-hospital-father opined, Trumpcare is a shltstorm that pushes the needle in a better direction (as opposed to single payer, which is certainly the end goal of Obamacare for many liberals who "supported it" in 2008).
Gay Republican
Rookie

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2017, 06:30:56 AM »

lol, you guys have it so easy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies