Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7951 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »

I think it depends on how comfortable people are with their opinion being in the minority. Also, I imagine being a hardcore conservative who likes Trump is harder than being a #NeverTrump moderate Republican around here.

Yeah, some users might not take disagreements as well as they should, but I'd hardly call this forum hostile to conservatives. During the Democratic primary, I was definitely in the minority as a Sanders supporter, but I didn't really feel like it was "hard" to express my opinion, as most users didn't give me too much of a hard time, though a couple of users in particular weren't exactly friendly.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:05:49 PM »

^There are always going to be people who overgeneralize, and won't be satisfied with individuals who denounce violence coming from those on their side of the political aisle. And consistency is not easy for most people; some don't even bother trying to be consistent. I don't doubt that what you say is true, and that there are liberals who lump you together with the protestors today. I can tell you that I've also been lumped in with some less than ideal people, as a Sanders supporter. It's true that many on the left care much more about Trump's scandals than Clinton's or any Democrat's. It's also true that many on the right are content ignoring Trump's scandals and statements, after getting furious at Obama for making statements that were harmless in comparison.

You seem like a decent poster, and you don't deserve to be judged by what the worst on the right do. Judging  people on an individual basis, and holding members of both parties to the same standard seems impossible for many.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies