Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:17:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7984 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: July 10, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »

It's not the blue avatar in itself. Being a fiscally conservative socially liberal RINO isn't hard -- but being a social conservative can be, being a nationalist can be, and being a Trump supporter can be. That said, there are still so many more viewpoints represented and (in particular) accepted here than on AAD. Though I stick around at both places so ultimately I don't care much.

I don't feel like copying this into the irony thread, but did you just call a "fiscally conservative socially liberal" Republican a "RINO" while you're just rocking the equally "unRepublican," inverse of that political orientation?  You're no less of a RINO than I am.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »

It's not the blue avatar in itself. Being a fiscally conservative socially liberal RINO isn't hard -- but being a social conservative can be, being a nationalist can be, and being a Trump supporter can be. That said, there are still so many more viewpoints represented and (in particular) accepted here than on AAD. Though I stick around at both places so ultimately I don't care much.

I don't feel like copying this into the irony thread, but did you just call a "fiscally conservative socially liberal" Republican a "RINO" while you're just rocking the equally "unRepublican," inverse of that political orientation?  You're no less of a RINO than I am.
I'm not even talking about myself, as I am not a Republican (not an American), not necessarily a Trump supporter and not particularly socially conservative in the American sense of the word; I simply recognize that it isn't always easy for people like RFayette and TJ. I do wonder, however, why you feel offended by the idea of "fiscal conservatives, social liberals" being RINOs... while calling yourself a RINO.

If someone calls you something enough, sometimes you jokingly and sarcastically go along with it ... hence, my username. Smiley  I personally don't think the words "RINO" and "DINO" can be intellectually used 99% of the time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:19:45 PM »

I'm not even talking about myself, as I am not a Republican (not an American), not necessarily a Trump supporter and not particularly socially conservative in the American sense of the word; I simply recognize that it isn't always easy for people like RFayette and TJ. I do wonder, however, why you feel offended by the idea of "fiscal conservatives, social liberals" being RINOs... while calling yourself a RINO.

If someone calls you something enough, sometimes you jokingly and sarcastically go along with it ... hence, my username. Smiley  I personally don't think the words "RINO" and "DINO" can be intellectually used 99% of the time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 12:29:19 PM »

Or maybe they have a point...

What would the point be?  The term "RINO" is so inexplicably stupid their point is bound to be, also.  "Republican In Name Only" can be reasonably inferred to mean someone who calls themselves a Republican or might be reigstered that way but doesn't vote for Republican politicians or support views that are in the Republican platform.  I do both of those things more often than not, and about as equally as you, judging by your past comments, Mr. Kentucky DIMUHCRAT.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »

Few things are as depressing to me as hearing Republicans shout about "free markets" for healthcare since it displays profound ignorance of how insurance markets actually operate.

Freeer* markets.  As my CFO-of-a-hospital-father opined, Trumpcare is a shltstorm that pushes the needle in a better direction (as opposed to single payer, which is certainly the end goal of Obamacare for many liberals who "supported it" in 2008).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

Few things are as depressing to me as hearing Republicans shout about "free markets" for healthcare since it displays profound ignorance of how insurance markets actually operate.

LOL, just don't talk about politics.  We Republicans are perfectly capable about talking about our favorite sports, vacation destinations, beers, etc. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies