Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 8029 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: July 09, 2017, 09:53:23 PM »

Also Trump has decimated the ranks of Atlas Republicans, it should be noted. I think there was a much bigger contingent of GOPers before 2016. A number of Republicans became libertarians or #NeverTrumpers or just didn't show up.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »

I should point out I'm probably socially conservative, opposing Obergefell v. Hodges (2015) on the grounds the states should have decided it, staunchly pro-life, pro-gun rights, and have expressed support for the Catholic Church, along with free trade. If you read my viewpoints in individual politics, they are Reaganite. I also have expressed discomfort with Social Security, which is probably more far right than anyone here on the point. People like to overlook that I voted for Santorum, for instance.

I've never had problems with the left here because of my emphasis. If I went out of my way to needle Jacobin and the like, I imagine he would find it uncomfortable. Trump supporters would - as I've said - find it easier to exist here if they argued on a intellectually honest framework. You believe in cultural conservatism? OK, then, tell us why x and y is great for America.  

I think the real bias is (and I'm afraid I share it) is against the cultural conservatives who make it their calling card to agitate against essentially, liberal democracy and to argue for a culturally nationalist viewpoint.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies