Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7913 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »

No, I don't care if people don't like my politics. No one is obligated to like my politics. I feel that I get along with most posters here despite some of my unpopular policy views.

I've never felt victimized or demonized for being a Republican by any serious poster.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »

If you believe in your convictions and believe you are being sincere in your beliefs than you have nothing to worry about and should continue contributing your views to the discourse.

This goes for anyone of any ideology.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »

For me, it depends.  I think that a few of my views get the bulk of my criticism, but I will always stand firm for what I believe in.  I also have been looking less and less at the US General Discussion forum, because it is all Russia conspiracy theories and a fundamental disagreement on what healthcare system is best (I think the most efficient would be the government having no role in health care).  Other forums aren't nearly as bad.  Atlas's predictions are always too bullish on Democrats, but I get that because we all think our party will win and there are more Democrats here.

On the other hand, I actually don't think being pro-life is that hard, but some call me out for focusing too much on that one issue (which is impossible, by the way).
>being pro-life
>wanting the government out of healthcare

pick one.

Protecting the unborn is not a healthcare decision.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:38:44 PM »

For me, it depends.  I think that a few of my views get the bulk of my criticism, but I will always stand firm for what I believe in.  I also have been looking less and less at the US General Discussion forum, because it is all Russia conspiracy theories and a fundamental disagreement on what healthcare system is best (I think the most efficient would be the government having no role in health care).  Other forums aren't nearly as bad.  Atlas's predictions are always too bullish on Democrats, but I get that because we all think our party will win and there are more Democrats here.

On the other hand, I actually don't think being pro-life is that hard, but some call me out for focusing too much on that one issue (which is impossible, by the way).
>being pro-life
>wanting the government out of healthcare

pick one.
Abortion isn't health care.  Health care doesn't kill people.
My point was that taking the government out of healthcare will kill people and is therefore definitely not pro-life policy.

I support reeling back government intervention from healthcare in portions, not ripping it off like bandaid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies