Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7931 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 10, 2017, 03:25:32 AM »
« edited: July 10, 2017, 03:43:59 AM by Jacobin American »

Being a Republican on Atlas isn't hard; members like Badger and TD are pretty well liked and respected. For example, TD and I disagree on a lot of issues, but I respect him and appreciate his contributions here; same with Badger. However, being a Trump supporter or a social/cultural conservative does seem considerably more challenging. The forum is disproportionately secular and liberal, which results in a rather widespread hostility towards Trump's brand of politics and socially conservative viewpoints. It doesn't help that most (but not all) of those contributors here are walking stereotypes.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:38:26 AM »

Being a Republican on Atlas isn't hard; members like Badger and TD are pretty well liked and respected. For example, TD and I disagree on a lot of issues, but I respect him and appreciate his contributions here; same with Badger. However, being a Trump supporter or a social/cultural conservative does seem considerably more challenging. The forum is disproportionately secular and liberal, which results in a rather widespread hostility towards Trump's brand of politics and socially conservative viewpoints. It doesn't help that most (but not all) of those contributors here are walking stereotypes.

what about me , you guys seem to dislike me and I am a Never Trump Republican.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't have any issue with you. Most members here seem to debate you, rather than treat you with disdain like they do Sanchez and others. We just disagree with you a lot, which is fine and healthy, since you represent an opposing ideological viewpoint.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 01:04:08 PM »

I think an even better question to ask here is whether this forum should work to make itself more welcoming to Republicans, Trump supporters, and social conservatives. That doesn't mean abandon any of your beliefs, but rather work on eliminating the vitriol. Should Atlas try to have that kind of diversity of views or not?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »

Few things are as depressing to me as hearing Republicans shout about "free markets" for healthcare since it displays profound ignorance of how insurance markets actually operate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies