Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:06:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7921 times)
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« on: August 13, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »

I haven't been posting here long, but have popped in to lurk every few months for probably close to a decade to get an idea of what people are saying on certain issues (and because there is often some good discussion on demographics and redistricting in that specific forum; a hobby of mine).  Finally had free time to register/post recently.  I'm not a R (though in the past I've been registered as a R in NY).  I vote R and D about equally.

As someone who is both non-religious, but also a strong traditionalist and something of a "light paleo-con" on a lot of issues, I suspect I'm very much in a minority here.  In fact, I doubt there are more than half a dozen active posters here who are even close to my political views.

That being said, I've never found it "hard" to either post here or read the forum.  I'm a little bit older than the mean poster probably (I'm in my 30s), and some posts, particularly by younger posters, will obviously lack historical perspective or won't be terribly sophisticated, or will tend to exaggerate the importance of certain things.  But then again, was I any different when I was a college student?  Not particularly.

I've never had a problem just scrolling past some of the more "dumb" posts, when I see them.  I've never really understood people who are so sensitive to things said on an internet forum... I just roll my eyes and move on, it's just text on a computer screen... it's not like I know anyone personally here, so who cares?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies