Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:56:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 7929 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

« on: August 12, 2017, 08:11:24 PM »

Today, I don't think I've ever felt more responsible for the actions of people I hate.  Somehow, all Republicans and I are responsible for the actions in Charlottesville today of a few nut jobs who believe that their race is superior, despite us all condemning such atrocities.  We are somehow responsible for all the racial injustice in America now.

Every day, it's another scandal being discussed here about Trump.  But if a Hillary scandal comes up?  "No.  This is just an attempt to divert from Trump.  Republicans are holding on to the past."  (I am not saying to ignore Trump scandals. We should take EVERY scandal seriously, regardless of the person's party, until proven otherwise) And don't even try suggesting a Democratic politician is involved in a scandal because you get mobbed and attacked for God knows what.  In addition to that, many Republicans that are attempting to answer insulting questions about themselves and their "fascism, anti-immigrant positions," etc. just sit there and take it.  The Republicans on this site are more disunited than Republicans in Congress.  And that's hardly possible. 

I hate being known as part of the "dog-whistle, anti-immigrant, white supremacist, rich guy, anti-woman" party.  None of that is even remotely true.  But here? Don't even bother defending it.

I've met Democrats here on this site who don't resort to such disgusting name-calling, and to those of you, I thank you greatly.

I'm sick and tired of this s*** of being labeled someone I'm not even close to by a good portion of Atlas.

Part of me wants to have a Clinton presidency now just to know what it's like to be on the other side.  But I know there wouldn't be much improvement, if any.

Congratulations. Today is the first time you have shared the experience millions of minorities in America experience everyday. It seems obvious that we need to say that the actions of the neonazis in Charlottesville are not indicative of all Republicans or all white people. That is obvious.

But somehow, the right doesn't want to extend that same logic to minorities across America.

The African-American kid in the park shot by the police because of implicit biases that black men are dangerous and criminals, stemming from the crack epidemic of the 80s. Wouldn't it be nice for that kid to not be labeled "dangerous" because of previous perceptions of completely different people?

The muslim American who is "randomly searched" at the airport because of actions done by radical and extremist terrorists with no relation whatsoever to him - wouldn't it be nice for that American to go to through the airport unbothered because of his faith?

The immigrant woman who is harassed by men and women on the street for being a "leech on America," coming over here and "stealing their jobs and Social Security" - wouldn't it be nice if those people judged her by how much she contributes to the country she loves so much by working hard at her job?

Minorities always have to act their best because they are judged by their worst members. They're held responsible for the actions of every single person who shares their skin color or faith. White people, Republicans, whoever, have the privilege to separate themselves away from the undesirable racists, terrorists, white supremacists.

I completely understand why you're so distraught about today. I agree - this forum is a bit too reckless in attacking many of its members - but that is a reality so many people live in, day in and day out.

It wasn't always easy for me to grow up biracial in starkly white South Dakota, but thankfully I wasn't barraged by racially-fueled insults and dog-whistles. I realize I've had it relatively easy compared to many people in my country, from black to hispanic, Asian to Native American, Muslim, Jewish, Sikh, and everyone else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies