HOUSE BILL: The HELIOS Act (At Final Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:39:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: The HELIOS Act (At Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: The HELIOS Act (At Final Vote)  (Read 14441 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2017, 03:47:29 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »

I'll support this
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »

I support this change to get it passed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »

I support this change to get it passed.

All I did was post the current text. Tongue 

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »

This still doesn't change the fact that is bill is un-funded, by the way. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 02:36:42 AM »

Sponsor Feedback: Friendly
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 01:22:00 AM »

The amendment H8:20 has been adopted.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2018, 03:38:01 AM »

As a concerned citizen(and presidential candidate), it's awful that the House gutted the great legislation sent to it by the Senate and then failed to even vote on it. The Senate legislation is broadly in line with my own vision for post high school education, though I'd prefer that it covers all post high school education, not just college. The critiques that the legislation was unfunded were partly IMO diversionary attacks just to undermine the legislation, however at the same time it would be preferable to fund it. I think a 4% surcharge on those with incomes over $5 million a year and a risk fee on all banks with over $50 billion in assets as well as on those with high debt levels or too much reliance on short-term funding. Other alternative suggestions for funding the proposal are welcome. Fundamentally I believe all Atlasians should have a quality education and the opportunity to prosper. The Federalists will say that it's too expensive or a waste, but the real cost and the real waste would be to not enact legislation like this and to deny Atlasians the opportunities they deserve.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2018, 03:58:22 AM »

As a concerned citizen(and presidential candidate), it's awful that the House gutted the great legislation sent to it by the Senate and then failed to even vote on it. The Senate legislation is broadly in line with my own vision for post high school education, though I'd prefer that it covers all post high school education, not just college. The critiques that the legislation was unfunded were partly IMO diversionary attacks just to undermine the legislation, however at the same time it would be preferable to fund it. I think a 4% surcharge on those with incomes over $5 million a year and a risk fee on all banks with over $50 billion in assets as well as on those with high debt levels or too much reliance on short-term funding. Other alternative suggestions for funding the proposal are welcome. Fundamentally I believe all Atlasians should have a quality education and the opportunity to prosper. The Federalists will say that it's too expensive or a waste, but the real cost and the real waste would be to not enact legislation like this and to deny Atlasians the opportunities they deserve.

This bill is actually still on the floor.

But is in violation of the paygo resolution unless and until it is provided with a funding mechanism.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2018, 04:00:14 AM »

Also before you bitch about Federalists, perhaps you should read through the thread and see how many times I tried to get the then Labor members to come to the table and discuss how to move forward. That doesn't even include several attempts via PM.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2018, 04:00:44 AM »

But is in violation of the paygo resolution unless and until it is provided with a funding mechanism.

It also appears to not have a sponsor? Unless I missed something somewhere.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2018, 04:03:48 AM »

It also appears to not have a sponsor? Unless I missed something somewhere.

Yes, it does need a new sponsor.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »

I like how the decision to pay for something is merely "preferable" rather than, you know, reality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »

I like how the decision to pay for something is merely "preferable" rather than, you know, reality.

Especially if I am reading Truman's estimates correctly, the deficit is even worse than I expected.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 06:03:19 PM »

It's a good thing my plan is paid for and still helps ordinary Atlasians. No party that is really fiscally responsible should preside over a deficit of over $900 billion, and the economy isn't even in a recession. There is no excuse for this failure of leadership. They should stop playing partisan games and start actually enacting good policy, I'm happy for them to take my plan for the good of Atlasia.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »

It's a good thing my plan is paid for and still helps ordinary Atlasians. No party that is really fiscally responsible should preside over a deficit of over $900 billion, and the economy isn't even in a recession. There is no excuse for this failure of leadership. They should stop playing partisan games and start actually enacting good policy, I'm happy for them to take my plan for the good of Atlasia.

Once again, cannot be bothered to research. The budget had not been done in years, well before my administration, and even in times where the Labor Party was in power and could have pushed to have the budget completed (but acknowledging facts hurts your obvious attempts at pandering, now doesn't it?) Blaming the deficit on the current administration makes you look horribly uninformed.

Your policy ideas are terrible and do nothing to reduce the deficit, no matter how much you want to plug your ears, scream "lalalala can't hear you", and act delusional enough to think simply taxing the rich fixes everything.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 06:50:09 PM »

It's insane how negative you are. I'm saddened and disappointed for our country. I'd love to be able to talk honestly about the issues, but you don't seem to. My statement on the deficit.
The status quo just isn't good enough. Today's stunning revelations are yet more proof that Atlasia needs change. I won't pretend that this is OK or make excuses for it and try to pass the buck. When you're President, as a great President once said, the buck stops here. That's why I will look carefully at the budget to fix our fiscal situation and make the rich finally pay their fair share in taxes. It's just common sense.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:13 PM »

I'd love to be able to talk honestly about the issues

You have yet to post a single factual statement, and have refused numerous requests to provide evidence to support your claims.

If you want to talk honestly about the issues, start with yourself.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 07:00:07 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

It's insane how negative you are. I'm saddened and disappointed for our country. I'd love to be able to talk honestly about the issues, but you don't seem to. My statement on the deficit.
The status quo just isn't good enough. Today's stunning revelations are yet more proof that Atlasia needs change. I won't pretend that this is OK or make excuses for it and try to pass the buck. When you're President, as a great President once said, the buck stops here. That's why I will look carefully at the budget to fix our fiscal situation and make the rich finally pay their fair share in taxes. It's just common sense.

Repetition doesn't make it any more reasonable. Tongue

We did the budget committee precisely so that we could find out what the situation was, before acting on it uninformed.

"You will look carefully at the budget" a budget you will only have to look at in the first place, because I ignored the critics and pushed ahead with the budget committee and the painstaking work that came afterwards to collect all those expenses.

I will point out that the BPC is not done. On the contrary, we have to reconcile Truman's numbers and find out the basis for them so that we can then input that data into the approved template and then move forward by having the committee vote on it and then having both chambers vote on it as well.

Only then will the budget restoration be complete and we will have a definitive number on anything, for any proposals to be based on.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 07:23:36 PM »

We did the budget committee precisely so that we could find out what the situation was, before acting on it uninformed.

"You will look carefully at the budget" a budget you will only have to look at in the first place, because I ignored the critics and pushed ahead with the budget committee and the painstaking work that came afterwards to collect all those expenses.

I will point out that the BPC is not done. On the contrary, we have to reconcile Truman's numbers and find out the basis for them so that we can then input that data into the approved template and then move forward by having the committee vote on it and then having both chambers vote on it as well.

Only then will the budget restoration be complete and we will have a definitive number on anything, for any proposals to be based on.

That sounds boring. Let's just tax The RichTM and be progressive progressives.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »

I'll sponsor this.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2018, 09:09:13 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2018, 09:18:53 PM by Former Game Moderator 1184AZ »

Representatives have 24 hours to object to Govanah Jake sponsorship of this bill.  
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:23 PM »

Representatives have 24 hours to object to GovanahJoe sponsorship of this bill.   

Hwhat!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »

My apologies it has been corrected.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2018, 11:30:53 PM »

Govanah Jake has assumed sponsorship of this bill.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies