HOUSE BILL: The HELIOS Act (At Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: The HELIOS Act (At Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: The HELIOS Act (At Final Vote)  (Read 14753 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: April 04, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2018, 06:26:55 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

I have a suggestion for an Amendment to the Bill once Pericles' is adapted into this one.

I would suggest adding a minimum GPA Requirement so that Students who actually work hard in school are given the ability to be eligible for Free College, rather than just giving it to everyone.  I'd suggest a minimum requirement of a 3.0 Weighted GPA, a B Average overall.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:52 AM »

I realize Rep. NeverAgain has ran his own numbers on funding, but I'd like to request a review of this by Thumb, just to be sure that it's fully funded.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 11:27:54 AM »

Now with the funding solid, I am now going to come out in Support of this bill (When it comes to the Senate ofc Tongue ).  I was hesitant of this bill in it's previous iteration due to funding concerns, but after talking with Nev and seeing that the bill is fully funded I'm happy with it. 

I'm also happy with the Work/Volunteer Requirement, and though I was partially concerned about it harming people who were focused on studies, I'm glad it leaves a way so they can opt-out of the Requirement if needed.

I believe this bill will end up helping to give hard working Atlasians the education to succeed in their lives, and I happily support it.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »

Ok wait a second.  So if the next budget isn't funded this wouldn't go into effect?  That's what the amendment is?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »

Does anyone have any questions before we move to a final vote?

I just wanted to ask how Student Loan Refinancing would work/be changed under this bill, that's the one aspect I have a question on. (Even though I'm not in the house I still want to ask this now rather than later Tongue )
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »

Does anyone have any questions before we move to a final vote?

I just wanted to ask how Student Loan Refinancing would work/be changed under this bill, that's the one aspect I have a question on. (Even though I'm not in the house I still want to ask this now rather than later Tongue )

Basically if you have taken two or more Federal Student Loans, they will be consolidated into one Federal Direct Consolidation Loan, which shall have an interest rate no greater than 3%.

Well that sounds simple, I like it.  No more concerns and I hope this gets sent to the Senate.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »

A simple majority being required, enough affirmative votes have been cast for passage. Members have 24 hours to vote or change their vote.

I believe it's been 24 Hours
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »

A simple majority being required, enough affirmative votes have been cast for passage. Members have 24 hours to vote or change their vote.

I believe it's been 24 Hours

Yeah, but only Yankee can close votes.

Apologies then
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies