Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:33:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat  (Read 17607 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »

Kid Rock has made numerous comments along the lines that entertainers should keep their opinions to themselves.

I don't listen to his crappy music, but I understand that he routinely swears and makes other comments that social conservatives might not be happy with.

So, his hypocrisy and his ability to appeal to social conservatives will be two things he has to address.

Of course, most social conservatives voted for Donald Trump, so we have to question whether they really mean what they claim.
UncleSam

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 06:18:59 PM »

Kid Rock is well known and well liked in Michigan, calling this safe D is beyond partisan hackery

Obviously it remains to be seen whether he is any good as a public speaker, campaigner, or fundraiser but if he is an adept candidate he can and in fact has a decent chance of winning. If he's not a good candidate he will get crushed, Michigan is much more elastic to message then most states.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 06:20:13 PM »

Kid Rock is well known and well liked in Michigan, calling this safe D is beyond partisan hackery

He's also only a few steps more credible than Ted Nugent as a politician.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 06:35:48 PM »

Obviously it remains to be seen whether he is any good as a public speaker, campaigner, or fundraiser but if he is an adept candidate he can and in fact has a decent chance of winning. If he's not a good candidate he will get crushed, Michigan is much more elastic to message then most states.

I'm sure the Democrats will trot out all the comments Republicans made when Melissa Gilbert ran for a U.S House seat.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 06:36:33 PM »

Rock stars don't ever get elected to Congress, do they?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:03 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 06:48:36 PM by Adam T »

John Hall had also held prior elected office.  

I personally have no problem with anybody running for office no matter what their background if they can show their knowledge of the issues and understanding of how the political process works.  John Hall showed that with his awareness of various causes especially on the environment as well as his work in the elected offices he held prior to being elected to Congress.

Kid Rock has to overcome his own prior statements that entertainers should keep their political opinions to themselves.

Beyond that, I don't know much about him, other than he strikes me as the sort of wealthy, out of touch elitist that working class Republicans claim they dislike.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2017, 06:56:55 PM »

Just wondering, if he were to somehow be elected (he won't, just curious), would he be known as Senator Kid Rock, or as Senator Robert James Ritchie?
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »

Dear lordie, this makes Roy Moore look good. If this idiot manages to win the primaries, Stabenow will easily smash through 60%, and near the 70s.

Likely D, but Stabenow will have to appeal to African-Americans and other core constituencies of the Democratic Party.

The suburbs of Michigan and the western area of Michigan could be crucial.
lolno, it's titanium D if he wins.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 07:07:12 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 07:17:08 PM by PittsburghSteel »

Dear lordie, this makes Roy Moore look good. If this idiot manages to win the primaries, Stabenow will easily smash through 60%, and near the 70s.

Likely D, but Stabenow will have to appeal to African-Americans and other core constituencies of the Democratic Party.

The suburbs of Michigan and the western area of Michigan could be crucial.

She's running against Kid Rock, not only is he a raging racist, he actively defended and toted the Confederate flag in the wake of the Charleston shooting. I doubt she will have any trouble with the AA vote.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »

Kid Rock will join the ranks of Bouchard, Hoekstra, Land, McDaniel, and Scheutte of joke candidates the Michigan GOP has lined up to get crushed in Senate races. It never ceases to amaze me that the party that runs everything else in this state hasn't been able to get a serious Senate candidate since 1994.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »

Don't be surprised if he does well.....Michigan voted for Trump, what's so different here?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 08:04:17 PM »

Kid Rock will join the ranks of Bouchard, Hoekstra, Land, McDaniel, and Scheutte of joke candidates the Michigan GOP has lined up to get crushed in Senate races. It never ceases to amaze me that the party that runs everything else in this state hasn't been able to get a serious Senate candidate since 1994.

The most electable Michigan Republicans would be John Engler and Mike Rogers. But Ritchie could be a wild card. Remember, a lot of people are getting more tired of some of these politicians.

I wonder how centrists, Independent Michigan voters would vote in 2018.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 08:05:21 PM »

Trump got a plurality in Michigan which was lower raw percentage wise than what George W. Bush got, plus there was a big third party factor last year.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »

Ugh.  Do I support him ironically... or don't I?

Nah, I learned my lesson from last year.  I won't. Sad
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »

Don't be surprised if he does well.....Michigan voted for Trump, what's so different here?

This depends on how you define "well," but Stabenow is a fairly entrenched incumbent, and Kid Rock arguably doesn't have the same universally known, larger-than-life, and somewhat leadership-oriented public image that Trump had.

Of course, we'll just have to see how this goes over the course of the campaign, but I'm not anticipating a close race.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »

Stabenow crushed a Trump-style racist in 2012. This ad won Hoekstra the GOP nomination: https://youtube.com/watch?v=f69VmIgmhOk

And the result wasn't even close:

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

Stabenow crushed a Trump-style racist in 2012. This ad won Hoekstra the GOP nomination: https://youtube.com/watch?v=f69VmIgmhOk

And the result wasn't even close:

>red for GOP
HEATHEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 09:10:37 PM »

And he is qualified how? Can anyone give any reasons why he is qualified?

He's a U.S. citizen who is over 30 and resides in the State of Michigan?
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 09:18:04 PM »

This is probably a joke
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »

Call me crazy, but I think he actually has a chance. A chance. Note the word usage.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 09:30:09 PM »

With all due respect Mr. President, Stabenow is substantially more competent than Hillary, and Kid Rock is a lot dumber than even Donald Trump.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 09:40:31 PM »

Call me crazy, but I think he actually has a chance. A chance. Note the word usage.

I suppose 1% is indeed a number.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 09:44:15 PM »

I really hope that people with no qualifications that shouldn't be anywhere near elected office will not keep running for office just because Trump got elected.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »

What a freaking joke....

The best candidate for the GOP is by far Bob Young, former Chief Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court.

This populist anti-government movement is going to destroy the Republican Party if we keep this up.  Unfortunately, now all that's necessary is apparently to be pro-gun and anti-government and the base of the GOP lines up behind you.  It's an absolute disgrace and a freaking joke.  I'd like to say it'll bite the party in the butt but this crap is just so crazy they just might win.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2017, 10:19:19 PM »

All the Rocks are undermining the GOP. Grin

Ah, that awakes childhood memories. Maybe his hymn to Michigan helps him make Michigan safe R.
Could he be a forward-thinking political pro?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies