Atlasian Star (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Star (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Star  (Read 14725 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: July 13, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »

I'm very, very pleased to hear that ABCMA is finally a reality. Leinad and I (along with then-GM Clyde) worked very hard to get that deal through last year, and I was beginning to worry it had been for nothing.

I guess this means people can register in the UK now; glorious news!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »

Ultimately, I would like to develop a mostly non-arbitrary methodology for calculating such figures. Ideally, numbers would be adjusted by generating random numbers from a probability distribution, with things like legislation, registration and activity trends affecting specific factors in the probability density function.
I'm really glad to hear this. One of the more frustrating aspects of governance in past years has been the seemingly arbitrary manner in which employment numbers are adjusted. An established and objective formula will go a long way toward fixing this problem.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »

The situation in the Pacific has certainly gotten very serious, very quickly. We can only hope the administration and officials in the State Department are prepared for what is to come.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »

Thank God.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »

While accepting the veracity of the Game Moderator's report, I must wonder if China does not understand just who they are treating with. Atlasia is far from being a defenseless island nation floating upon the Pacific like a cork; and while recent events have perhaps not placed us in an ideal negotiating position, such belligerence on the part of the Chinese would cause as much harm to their own countries as it would to ours. Threats to "walk away" from the table unless every one of their conditions is met is absurd. That's not how negotiations between two nuclear powers work.

I would add that the United States tolerated far more intransigence from the Soviets during the Second World War than China has endured these past weeks. Again, I don't doubt that the Chinese are indeed telling us what the GM says they are — but I would urge our leaders, as I have in private, to defend our sovereignty in the face of these unreasonable demands, as I am sure they will endeavor to do.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »

Current North Korean Premier Pak Pong-ju has declared himself as "intern leader"
I hope they are at least paid interns. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies