Most Hated Sports Teams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Most Hated Sports Teams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Most Hated Sports Teams  (Read 2595 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »

In order by sport:

NCAAF: Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Alabama
NFL: Dallas, Minnesota, Chicago
NCAAB: Marquette, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan State, Kentucky, North Carolina
MLB: St. Louis, Chicago (Cubs), New York (Yankees)
NBA: Chicago, Los Angeles (Lakers), Knicks
NCAAH: Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan, Boston College
NHL: Detroit
Club Soccer: Manchester United, Real Madrid, Arsenal 
International Soccer: Mexico, England, France, Italy, Spain

Wisconsin alum?

You got it
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 04:46:36 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2017, 04:53:42 AM by Lechasseur »

NFL: Atlanta Flacons
MLB: New York Mets
NHL: Toronto MapleLeafs
College: Alabama
Rugby Union: Toulon
Soccer: Olympique de Marseille

Overall: Alabama and Marseille
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 08:44:31 PM »

In order of hatred, from most to least:

Before 2014, Miami Heat
Green Bay Packers... almost hate them more than I like the Bears.
St. Louis Cardinals

North Carolina Tar Heels (basketball only)
Ohio State Buckeyes (I refuse to use the "The" in their name).
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2017, 09:21:05 PM »

In order of hatred, from most to least:

Before 2014, Miami Heat
Green Bay Packers... almost hate them more than I like the Bears.
St. Louis Cardinals

North Carolina Tar Heels (basketball only)
Ohio State Buckeyes (I refuse to use the "The" in their name).

We're not so different, you and I.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »

If Hamilton retires / leaves would you still hate them (assuming a similar car performance level)?

I actually dislike Toto Wolff more than Lewis or Bottas or Nico.

Did you hate them from 2010-2013 when they won a total of 4 races with Nico, Schumi, and then Lewis for 2013? Or just in the recent hybrid era?

My personal favorite driver now is probably Ricciardo with Grosjean as another favorite. I want to see Haas do well of course, Grosjean + American team. A dream would be to see him get a podium for Haas at this point. I think his window for winning in the current spec F1 is probably closed as I see a host of other drivers ahead of him for consideration to move to the top 3 teams that can win.  If only Seb had a little more reliability issues in 2013 or the tires were not reverted to 2012 spec who knows what would have happened.

I definitely think the best overall driver pairing is Max & Ricciardo at Red Bull. It'd be great to see what they could do if they were able to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari at all the tracks and not just at the ones with low speed corners.

The biggest thing I've noticed this year is the Mercedes is so easy on the tires and often times Lewis is able to carry the stint on the softest tires much further into the race than any other team even Force India who used to be so good at it. Secondly, the Ferraris seem to max out at FP3 while the Mercedes with LH's great single lap ability is able to extract out the extra tenths in quali. Finally, the car is excellent in the wet. Previously that was a question mark.

With a near perfect reliability record on Sundays the only hope is a grid spot penalty on most courses to keep Lewis from winning. 2014 was a case of Mercedes just being better out of the gate -
 and Lewis forcing Nico into uncomfortable positions. Ricciardo was the revelation of the season. The 2015 car was faster relative to the rest of the field and but had tire deg issues. Seb's move to Ferrari was good for the tifosi - though I was not particularly ever a fan of Ferrari in F1 I like them in sports car racing. 2016 was nice to see Verstappen pick up the pieces with a win after Nico & Lewis collided in Spain. I was gutted for Danny at Monaco when the pit crew did not have his tires ready. Glad he got a win later in the season and this year too.

Red Bull have some question marks:
1) With Kvyat's removal from Toro Rosso will Hartley and Gasly both stay on for 2018?
2) With the addition of Honda as power unit provider will they call up F2 midfield runner, Matsush!ta sort of like what Williams did when they had a Honda engine years back?
3) Of course Porsche won't be in the LMP1 series next year in the WEC so Hartley would be in need of a seat and maybe the WEC and IMSA GT series is not appealing enough for him. He had a crappy start from the line at COTA as maybe he's used to the rolling starts in WEC. What's his upside?
4) What about the Aston Martin partnership - will that expand for RBR to a virtual factory entry in 2020 and beyond?
5) With Max signed through 2020 now what do you think RIC will do for 2019? Stay with RBR where he can be considered equal with Max (for now) or move to another team to be a #2 driver to Seb or Lewis?

It is critical that F1 has a solid rivalry go down to the final race or 2 with 2 teams at least - preferably 3 like in 2010 and 2012. The more seasons go by with the constructors title decided in October and the WDC a formality the fewer people will stick with the sport and there will be less incentive for the factory teams to be involved. Too often once the Mercedes passes whoever's at front - if they even relinquish the lead - even though the pursuing Red Bull or Ferrari is closing in due to aero they never catch them and are stuck even at less than 1 sec gaps unable to pass. So few of the positions change and reliability is ironclad unlike in the 90's and before where even the front runners could in any given race blow an engine. It makes it hard. This is a reason I am increasing getting back to GT racing which is less reliant on aero.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2017, 02:20:46 PM »

NFL: Patriots, Steelers, Packers
MLB: Yankees, Cardinals
NBA I don't care about teams and just root for/against individual players.
dax00

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

MLB: Baltimore
NFL: Pittsburgh
NCAAF: Purdue
Club Soccer: RB Leipzig, Real Madrid, Arsenal
International Soccer: Portugal, Brazil
NHL: Anaheim
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »

NFL- Green Bay and Chicago (Minnesota fan)
MLB- Boston (Yankee fan)

Generally dislike teams from California and specifically LA.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2017, 03:27:42 PM »

MLB: Yankees
NFL: Raiders

I don't hate anything on the NBA and don't give enough s&^%s about the rest.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »

MLB: Baltimore
NFL: Pittsburgh
NCAAF: Purdue
Club Soccer: RB Leipzig, Real Madrid, Arsenal
International Soccer: Portugal, Brazil
NHL: Anaheim

Are you a Pats fan?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2017, 06:21:21 PM »

MLB: The god damn Yankees
NHL: The god damn Penguins
NBA: The god damn Lakers
NFL: The god damn Cowboys
NCAAF: Probably Florida State
NCAAB: Probably North Carolina
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2017, 08:08:39 PM »

If Hamilton retires / leaves would you still hate them (assuming a similar car performance level)?

I actually dislike Toto Wolff more than Lewis or Bottas or Nico.

Did you hate them from 2010-2013 when they won a total of 4 races with Nico, Schumi, and then Lewis for 2013? Or just in the recent hybrid era?

My personal favorite driver now is probably Ricciardo with Grosjean as another favorite. I want to see Haas do well of course, Grosjean + American team. A dream would be to see him get a podium for Haas at this point. I think his window for winning in the current spec F1 is probably closed as I see a host of other drivers ahead of him for consideration to move to the top 3 teams that can win.  If only Seb had a little more reliability issues in 2013 or the tires were not reverted to 2012 spec who knows what would have happened.

I definitely think the best overall driver pairing is Max & Ricciardo at Red Bull. It'd be great to see what they could do if they were able to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari at all the tracks and not just at the ones with low speed corners.

The biggest thing I've noticed this year is the Mercedes is so easy on the tires and often times Lewis is able to carry the stint on the softest tires much further into the race than any other team even Force India who used to be so good at it. Secondly, the Ferraris seem to max out at FP3 while the Mercedes with LH's great single lap ability is able to extract out the extra tenths in quali. Finally, the car is excellent in the wet. Previously that was a question mark.

With a near perfect reliability record on Sundays the only hope is a grid spot penalty on most courses to keep Lewis from winning. 2014 was a case of Mercedes just being better out of the gate -
 and Lewis forcing Nico into uncomfortable positions. Ricciardo was the revelation of the season. The 2015 car was faster relative to the rest of the field and but had tire deg issues. Seb's move to Ferrari was good for the tifosi - though I was not particularly ever a fan of Ferrari in F1 I like them in sports car racing. 2016 was nice to see Verstappen pick up the pieces with a win after Nico & Lewis collided in Spain. I was gutted for Danny at Monaco when the pit crew did not have his tires ready. Glad he got a win later in the season and this year too.

Red Bull have some question marks:
1) With Kvyat's removal from Toro Rosso will Hartley and Gasly both stay on for 2018?
2) With the addition of Honda as power unit provider will they call up F2 midfield runner, Matsush!ta sort of like what Williams did when they had a Honda engine years back?
3) Of course Porsche won't be in the LMP1 series next year in the WEC so Hartley would be in need of a seat and maybe the WEC and IMSA GT series is not appealing enough for him. He had a crappy start from the line at COTA as maybe he's used to the rolling starts in WEC. What's his upside?
4) What about the Aston Martin partnership - will that expand for RBR to a virtual factory entry in 2020 and beyond?
5) With Max signed through 2020 now what do you think RIC will do for 2019? Stay with RBR where he can be considered equal with Max (for now) or move to another team to be a #2 driver to Seb or Lewis?

It is critical that F1 has a solid rivalry go down to the final race or 2 with 2 teams at least - preferably 3 like in 2010 and 2012. The more seasons go by with the constructors title decided in October and the WDC a formality the fewer people will stick with the sport and there will be less incentive for the factory teams to be involved. Too often once the Mercedes passes whoever's at front - if they even relinquish the lead - even though the pursuing Red Bull or Ferrari is closing in due to aero they never catch them and are stuck even at less than 1 sec gaps unable to pass. So few of the positions change and reliability is ironclad unlike in the 90's and before where even the front runners could in any given race blow an engine. It makes it hard. This is a reason I am increasing getting back to GT racing which is less reliant on aero.
Yes, my problem is the inherent problems with having a team which can win multiple seasons while relying entirely on their car and team support rather than having the best drivers. Don't get me wrong of course, Bottas and Hamilton are very much some of the best in the sport, but I wouldn't say Hamilton is better than Vettel, Alonso or Verstappen and Riccardio. Hell, Sainz is probably talented enough to give Hamilton a run for his money if the cars were identical.

Kimi is my personal favorite driver, though honestly 'Nando, Seb, Dan and Max are all pretty close together and I cheer for them all. Ferrari preferences Seb a bit to much, but the two work great with Kimi as a wingman and are probably the best "team"(Verstappen and Riccardio are too evenly matched to make a great strategical team) in the sport currently.

Honestly on what happens with most drivers relies on Massa retiring and around 2020 Fernando and Kimi retiring. Gasly and Hartley are most likely to stay on as they're both at least reliable unlike the torpedo.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2017, 08:54:06 PM »

NFL: Houston Texans, New England Patriots
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NBA: Golden State Warriors
NCAAF: Alabama, Notre Dame
NHL: Anaheim Ducks (I'll never forgive the 2017 Stanley Cup)
Club soccer: Real Madrid, Liverpool FC
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2017, 02:10:38 AM »

NFL: Houston Texans, New England Patriots
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NBA: Golden State Warriors
NCAAF: Alabama, Notre Dame
NHL: Anaheim Ducks (I'll never forgive the 2017 Stanley Cup)
Club soccer: Real Madrid, Liverpool FC

How do the Bucs even merit being noticed, let alone hated?
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 05:22:14 AM »

NFL: New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA: LA Lakers
NHL: New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length