Most Hated Sports Teams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Most Hated Sports Teams
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Most Hated Sports Teams  (Read 2590 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »

NFL: Cheatriots, Ratbirds, Bungles, Seachickens, Cowgirls
MLB: Yankees, Cubs, Brewers, Reds, Giants, Dodgers
NHL: Blackhawks, Red Wings, Predators, Kings, Flyers
Premier League: Sp*rs [#FOYS], Chelski, ManUre
College (NCAAF/NCAAB): KU, Bama (moreso in FB), Puke (moreso in BB), Arkansas, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Indiana
Bundesliga: Dortmund
La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona
National Teams: Russia, Mexico's soccer team
NBA: not a fan.

Arch-Enemy
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »

NCAAF:  Ole Miss Rebels, Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Did you go to Mississippi State?

Curious why you hate FSU and Ga Tech. Do you have a favorite ACC team? I don't like FSU that much but for a time preferred them to Miami. Ga Tech sort of middling. I like BC and alternate on some other sentimental team either Wake, UNC, or UVA. No real strong feelings even for BC.

I went to Vandy. I have always liked MSU of the West teams in both FB and MBB. Arkansas was my former favorite when they were in the SWC. In FB they are alright but not MBB. I don't hate Ole Miss since we usually play them well so they can't really hold much over us. Generally if they upset UGA or LSU or Auburn or Bama it's fine.

As a kid though I liked Alabama (in the 80s). I don't care either way now and it's sort of funny seeing sad Bama fans when they lose. Still I prefer seeing Bama win vs UT every 3rd Saturday in October and generally against UGA and UF who I have a reason to wish them to lose.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 09:20:57 PM »

SE Mass Native, HS in RI, Vandy Grad

NCAA FB: First and foremost Tennessee
Mildly for Georgia, Florida, Miami FL, FSU, LSU, Southern Cal, Ohio State, and Notre Dame
NFL: the hater teams: Colts, Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Raiders
NBA: Now & Then - Lakers, Knicks, also 80's Pistons
NCAA MBB: Now & Since College - Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Duke, UConn
NCAA WBB: Now & Since College - Lady Vols, UConn
MLB: Now & Always Yankees, Mets
NHL: Now - Rangers, Blackhawks, Then- Penguins & Canadiens (80s & 90s)
NCAA Hockey: Now - no one, Then - Boston University, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Maine, New Hampshire
F1: Then -  McLaren ('83-92)
Premier League: Now & Then - Arsenal, ManU
International Soccer: Now & Then - Argentina

IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »

England in... everything, really
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »

Has England beaten Belgium since 1990 World Cup in any significant tournament? How do you feel about teams that usually win like Germany, Italy, France, Spain. I think those teams have done more damage to Belgium than England in football.

As for other sport what sport do both nations compete in at the highest level as teams? Cycling? Field Hockey? That's what I can think of since Belgium is not great in the commonwealth sports like Rugby and Cricket. Neither are strong in N American sports baseball, basketball, American football. Or Ice Hockey Or Volleyball. Or Water Polo. I don't think Handball is big in the U.K.

SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 10:04:40 AM »

Cheatriots
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 10:48:20 AM »

Is this for the most-hated teams or most-hated fan bases? I hate the Yankees, Pats and Manchester United mostly since I follow those sports the most.

But for fans, probably
MLB: Yankees, Cubs, original Brooklyn Dodgers fan (all of whom are insufferable)
NHL: Flyers
NBA: Warriors (hate the fans much more than the actual team)
NFL: Pats, Cowboys
European Football: Man U, Barca

FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2017, 12:31:39 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2017, 12:33:54 PM by FairBol »

OK, here we go.  

NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils (damn Christian Laettner!)
NCAAF: Alabama Crimson Tide (can't stand them)
MLB: Boston Red Sox (Yanks are way better...it's all about the rings, baby!)
NFL: New England Patriots (CHEATERS!!!)
NBA: Golden State Warriors (don't kick me in the nads, Draymond)
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes (still pissed that they moved from Hartford)
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »

Has England beaten Belgium since 1990 World Cup in any significant tournament? How do you feel about teams that usually win like Germany, Italy, France, Spain. I think those teams have done more damage to Belgium than England in football.

As for other sport what sport do both nations compete in at the highest level as teams? Cycling? Field Hockey? That's what I can think of since Belgium is not great in the commonwealth sports like Rugby and Cricket. Neither are strong in N American sports baseball, basketball, American football. Or Ice Hockey Or Volleyball. Or Water Polo. I don't think Handball is big in the U.K.

I'm not Belgian buddy; I'm Scottish.  Just not bothered changing my avatar back after coming back from Brussels since, well, there isn't a Scotland one and there are loads of people with different combinations of the UK one.  I like Germany, France are alright, better than Italy and Spain.

Scotland is developing an ice hockey structure - although its one of the hardest sports to develop since it costs lots of money to build stuff.  Some of the big teams in the UK structure are Scots teams.  My main sport is Cricket and its one of the few ones which England isn't at the bottom in - I support them over Australia because, well come on.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2017, 10:17:06 PM by Del Tachi »

NCAAF:  Ole Miss Rebels, Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Curious why you hate FSU and Ga Tech. Do you have a favorite ACC team? I don't like FSU that much but for a time preferred them to Miami. Ga Tech sort of middling. I like BC and alternate on some other sentimental team either Wake, UNC, or UVA. No real strong feelings even for BC.

I went to Vandy. I have always liked MSU of the West teams in both FB and MBB. Arkansas was my former favorite when they were in the SWC. In FB they are alright but not MBB. I don't hate Ole Miss since we usually play them well so they can't really hold much over us. Generally if they upset UGA or LSU or Auburn or Bama it's fine.

As a kid though I liked Alabama (in the 80s). I don't care either way now and it's sort of funny seeing sad Bama fans when they lose. Still I prefer seeing Bama win vs UT every 3rd Saturday in October and generally against UGA and UF who I have a reason to wish them to lose.

Yes, I went to Mississippi State so the hate for Ole Miss and Bama is pretty standard.

I dislike FSU because they have an intolerable fan base, have been hit with several high-profile scandals over the past couple years, and because I have a family member who I very much dislike who cheers for them.

I harbor disdain for GT because I currently go to UGA, and I chose to hate Tech more than UGA's other traditional rivals of UF or Tennessee.

My favorite ACC teams would probably be VT, Clemson or Miami.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2017, 10:27:13 PM by Scott Inman (D) OK Gov 2018 »

NCAAF:  Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Kansas State
NCAAB:  Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, UConn
NFL: Philadelphia, Washington, NY Giants, New England
NBA: Golden State Warriors, Cleveland Cavaliers
MLB: New York Yankees, San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox
NHL: What's this?
Rjjr77
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »

MLB: Braves, Phillies, Boston Red Sox
NFL: Patriots, Dolphins
NHL: Blackhawks, Redwings
CFB: Mississippi State, LSU, Alabama, Toledo, Kent State
CBB: Mississippi State, Kent State, Kentucky, UNC, Duke
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 08:31:22 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2017, 08:51:23 AM by Badger »

Cheatriots and Ravens
Flyers. Caps a strong second.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »

I'm not Belgian buddy; I'm Scottish.  Just not bothered changing my avatar back after coming back from Brussels since, well, there isn't a Scotland one and there are loads of people with different combinations of the UK one.  I like Germany, France are alright, better than Italy and Spain.

Scotland is developing an ice hockey structure - although its one of the hardest sports to develop since it costs lots of money to build stuff.  Some of the big teams in the UK structure are Scots teams.  My main sport is Cricket and its one of the few ones which England isn't at the bottom in - I support them over Australia because, well come on.

Got it. Scotland - mostly about promise but ultimately even more disappointment in football than the Belgians ('78, '82, '86, '90 four consecutive WC without advancing to the group stage despite playing the big guns oh so close - win vs Netherlands, close losses to Brazil and Germany) and nada since the 90's in the Euros. That must be tough especially with Wales success at the last Euro, N. Ireland qualifying and advancing (albeit as a 3rd place team).

Scotland's last gasp draw to England was a killer for them - if they had won that one it would have changed the whole complexion of their group England 13 points - Scotland 10 with 4 matchdays left. Yes, your next two matches are favorable though Scotland needed late heroics to salvage a point in Glasgow vs my paternal great grandfather's home country - Lithuania. Right now I think it is a stretch to qualify automatically because of those two results. Slovenia-Slovakia is a big game that first matchday in September - I think you are rooting for a draw there or a Slovenia win - with a Slovakia win the worst result. Then in the second match day I think given England has matches vs Malta and Lithuania to play that you would want to see Slovakia not get any points off England. Slovenia is definitely the more beatable of those two teams between Scotland and England so the way the schedule closes means they could be in a fighting status till the final whistle in October.

David Coulthard was one of my favorite F1 drivers back in the day and of course Andy Murray is awesome - too bad about Wimbledon, eh?

One of my roommates in Japan was from Kirkcaldy - he absolutely hated it when they said English when he said UK or Great Britain as the country in Japanese is unfortunately typically referred to as Igirisu or Dai-Ei-Koku - and the prefix "Ei" is for the language English. Only in the commonwealth sports like soccer or rugby do we see Scotland get its own treatment.

We used to have a fair bit of drambuie and he used to complain about the students we taught having a hard time with his accent.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »

I used to get furious at the Taiwanese when they tried to assure me that by "English", they meant "British"... that's a Sinosphere thing.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:51 PM »

Yes, I went to Mississippi State so the hate for Ole Miss and Bama is pretty standard.

I dislike FSU because they have an intolerable fan base, have been hit with several high-profile scandals over the past couple years, and because I have a family member who I very much dislike who cheers for them.

I harbor disdain for GT because I currently go to UGA, and I chose to hate Tech more than UGA's other traditional rivals of UF or Tennessee.

Oh, I see but I believe it is UF #1 most hated and then probably UT second tied with GT for the majority of fans of the Dawgs. I actually never really had any issues with the fans of UGA - at all - though Todd Grantham and a few of the football players have been less than sporting. This is a stark contrast to patronizing UT fans or the LSU fans who have historically been nearly as bad as Central American or Eastern European soccer fans in terms of throwing stuff on the field.

As a Mass native, who went to Vanderbilt - I was in true enemy territory in East TN - it was awesome when Vandy finally beat UT in 2005 - while I was there - and then of course the last few years have had a modicum of success against the Vol in Tears. Usually it would be tears on Saturday and smiles on Sunday for me as I lived in TN during the SB 38 and 39-winning seasons.

What do you think of Prescott's chances for the Cowboys? He was great at MSU but it was a shame they faded a bit at the end of their great runs.

What do you think of the Aggies as a fellow West team?

I never really liked them in the SWC days and they are sort of mid-to-low level for me due to the Manziel factor - but they have played some high octane games against your Bulldogs, LSU, Bama, and Auburn the past few years.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »

I used to get furious at the Taiwanese when they tried to assure me that by "English", they meant "British"... that's a Sinosphere thing.

I am wondering if Koreans also - swap English for British as the Japanese do and the Chinese do. Good chance the Koreans do as well. I can find out.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »

I am wondering if Koreans also - swap English for British as the Japanese do and the Chinese do. Good chance the Koreans do as well. I can find out.

They all use Chinese words. Of course they do.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »

They all use Chinese words. Of course they do.

United Kingdom = Yeong-gug - when you switch it back from Korean to English it becomes England!

AppleJackass
The_Chauvinist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »

NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NBA: Golden State Warriors
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »

Oh, I see but I believe it is UF #1 most hated and then probably UT second tied with GT for the majority of fans of the Dawgs. I actually never really had any issues with the fans of UGA - at all - though Todd Grantham and a few of the football players have been less than sporting. This is a stark contrast to patronizing UT fans or the LSU fans who have historically been nearly as bad as Central American or Eastern European soccer fans in terms of throwing stuff on the field.

As a Mass native, who went to Vanderbilt - I was in true enemy territory in East TN - it was awesome when Vandy finally beat UT in 2005 - while I was there - and then of course the last few years have had a modicum of success against the Vol in Tears. Usually it would be tears on Saturday and smiles on Sunday for me as I lived in TN during the SB 38 and 39-winning seasons.

What do you think of Prescott's chances for the Cowboys? He was great at MSU but it was a shame they faded a bit at the end of their great runs.

What do you think of the Aggies as a fellow West team?

I never really liked them in the SWC days and they are sort of mid-to-low level for me due to the Manziel factor - but they have played some high octane games against your Bulldogs, LSU, Bama, and Auburn the past few years.

It is true that UGA's annual games against Auburn, Tennessee and UF often attract more attention and hype than their season-ender against Georgia Tech.  However, I like the intensity of in-state rivalries and I think that the UGA/GT rivalry presents the dichotomy that is the U.S. state of Georgia in the 21st century almost allegorically. 

As for my thoughts on other SEC West teams, Auburn and Arkansas have always been my preferred teams (other than Mississippi State of course), I'm rather indifferent towards LSU, and then Texas A&M, Alabama and Ole Miss (in that order).  There's some history between MSU and Texas A&M (the 2000 "snow bowl" for example), and now that TAMU has joined the Conference I think that the rivalry probably has a lot of growing potential due to the school's similar student populations, institutional cultures, and the quality of the games produced thus far.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2017, 08:32:13 PM »

NFL: Cowboys, Patriots, Titans
MLB: Braves, Blue Jays
NBA: Celtics
NHL: Penguins
NCAAF: Florida St
NCAAB: Syracuse
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 01:06:49 PM »

In order by sport:

NCAAF: Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Alabama
NFL: Dallas, Minnesota, Chicago
NCAAB: Marquette, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan State, Kentucky, North Carolina
MLB: St. Louis, Chicago (Cubs), New York (Yankees)
NBA: Chicago, Los Angeles (Lakers), Knicks
NCAAH: Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan, Boston College
NHL: Detroit
Club Soccer: Manchester United, Real Madrid, Arsenal 
International Soccer: Mexico, England, France, Italy, Spain

#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »

In order by sport:

NCAAF: Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Alabama
NFL: Dallas, Minnesota, Chicago
NCAAB: Marquette, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan State, Kentucky, North Carolina
MLB: St. Louis, Chicago (Cubs), New York (Yankees)
NBA: Chicago, Los Angeles (Lakers), Knicks
NCAAH: Minnesota, North Dakota, Michigan, Boston College
NHL: Detroit
Club Soccer: Manchester United, Real Madrid, Arsenal 
International Soccer: Mexico, England, France, Italy, Spain

Wisconsin alum?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 03:00:06 PM »