Over/under on the # of GOP politicos who campaign w/ Trump in the primaries?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:11:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Over/under on the # of GOP politicos who campaign w/ Trump in the primaries?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Over/under on the # of GOP politicos who campaign w/ Trump in the primaries?  (Read 219 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »

Inspired by discussion in another thread…

Assuming that Trump is still running for reelection as of mid-2019, what is your over/under on the number of sitting GOP governors who not only endorse Trump for re-nomination as the party’s nominee for president, but campaign with him in person at Trump campaign events between, say, July 1st, 2019 and whatever date in 2020 he (or, less likely, someone else) mathematically clinches the nomination?

And then, same question for sitting members of the House and Senate.  How many of them will campaign with Trump in the primaries?

If Trump gets a primary challenger of even marginal prominence, I do wonder how many Republican officeholders will endorse Trump against his primary opponent.  And even among those who do, how many will take the step of becoming campaign surrogates, or even just appearing on stage with him at campaign events?  While I think Bush in ’92 had the near unanimous support of the party elite against Buchanan, it’s really not clear to me that the same would happen for Trump if he’s challenged by someone like, say, Amash….since so many GOP elites can’t stand Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies