JustinTimeCuber for Senate - The Dream Will Not Die (check out the platform!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JustinTimeCuber for Senate - The Dream Will Not Die (check out the platform!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JustinTimeCuber for Senate - The Dream Will Not Die (check out the platform!)  (Read 2950 times)
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »
« edited: August 01, 2017, 03:30:29 PM by JustinTimeCuber »

My fellow Southerners,

I am glad to announce tonight that I will be running for the Southern Senate seat, class II, currently occupied by SJoyce, who just announced he is not seeking re-election. After what was frankly an unexpected loss in the Chamber of Delegates, I think it's time to promote progressive legislation at a higher level. My 4 months of experience as your Delegate has taught me much about working across the aisle to get needed reforms done, and ask that you trust me to represent YOU and your fellow Southerners as your Senator.

Remember to vote, August 11-13!

UPDATE 7/21
We're taking the progressive revolution to the Senate. As Delegate, I fought every week for the ideals that so many of us hold dear. A few weeks ago, for instance, we passed the Transgender Rights Act, ensuring equality to all those who do not identify with their birth gender. We also passed three constitutional amendments, which were approved with wide margins by the Southern people. First, the Term Length and Legislative Composition Amendment, which allowed Southerners to choose seven Delegates, and increased the frequency of gubernatorial elections. We also passed two amendments written by my good friend and former colleague West_Midlander, a Federalist, one to ensure protection for free speech and another to protect the freedom of religion for all the citizens of our great region. We passed multiple other landmark progressive bills, but enough with the intro, what will I do for you as Senator?

The JTC Platform

> Ensure high levels of accountability. This is an issue that is very important to me and is very necessary for the game to function properly. Every Saturday (or Sunday, I mean, I can't get distracted from a Rubik's Cube competition!) I will post an update on what the Senate has debated, what my votes have been, including missed votes (but there aren't going to be a whole lot of those, as a four-month Delegate, I didn't miss a single vote), and whether I'm in support of or opposed to bills on the floor. I would encourage all my potential colleagues to do the same.

> Get healthcare reform (finally). They keep promising healthcare reform, but I don't see any healthcare reform. If elected, I will write legislation to overhaul our healthcare system and replace it with a medicare-for-all program. I believe it is very immoral that the very rich can pay for much better health insurance than the middle class and working families.

> "Repeal and replace" the Federal Electoral Act. The Federal Electoral Act has many major flaws that make our electoral system unclear and confusing. Some electoral procedures are in the Constitution, and some in the FEA. Future Election Administrators need something better to work with, and the Atlasian people deserve a more clear election system. As your Senator, I would push to completely rewrite the FEA.

> Reform the minimum wage. I think the minimum wage should generally be higher, but the regions should have their fair say in the matter. I will be rolling out a more detailed plan later, so stay tuned.

Endorsements:
The Liberal Justice Party

Firstdegreeburns (Fed-TX)
Del. #TheShadowyAbyss/LibertarianRepublican (ALD-FL)
diptheriadan

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:28 PM »

As a Senator, will you pursue a national version of the Minimum Wage Commission Act?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:16:35 PM »

As a Senator, will you pursue a national version of the Minimum Wage Commission Act?
Yes, I believe such legislation is necessary to ensure that every Atlasian is payed a fair wage.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:21:44 PM »

"working across the aisle"

You ran a great campaign JTC, hope to one day work with you in the Chamber!
Thank you Delegate-elect.

I'm not giving up and will have more details soon, along with an obligatory concession speech. I hope we will be able to push the Chamber to supporting some progressive bills, but we will resist any and all right wing reforms that the new government may attempt to adopt.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:23:34 PM »

"working across the aisle"

You ran a great campaign JTC, hope to one day work with you in the Chamber!
Thank you Delegate-elect.

I'm not giving up and will have more details soon, along with an obligatory concession speech. I hope we will be able to push the Chamber to supporting some progressive bills, but we will resist any and all right wing reforms that the new government may attempt to adopt.
Working across the aisle doesn't mean caving in to their bad reforms, it means good compromise.
diptheriadan

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 11:33:16 PM »

Is it coke, pop, or soda?
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »

What if Quantum Leap still on TV?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:40:19 PM »

Soda, but actual Coke™ can be referred to as coke.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 11:40:59 PM »

What if Quantum Leap still on TV?
idk really but pls vote for me
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

Beat this and I'll endorse you.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »

Unfortunately Collin has lost much of his relevance in the cubing world but I'd still need to beat my official best time by over 3 seconds to get under his former world record of 5.25.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »

I'll be posting my platform within the next 3 hours. I apologize for the delay.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 08:18:59 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 11:31:09 PM by JustinTimeCuber »

We're taking the progressive revolution to the Senate. As Delegate, I fought every week for the ideals that so many of us hold dear. A few weeks ago, for instance, we passed the Transgender Rights Act, ensuring equality to all those who do not identify with their birth gender. We also passed three constitutional amendments, which were approved with wide margins by the Southern people. First, the Term Length and Legislative Composition Amendment, which allowed Southerners to choose seven Delegates, and increased the frequency of gubernatorial elections. We also passed two amendments written by my good friend and former colleague West_Midlander, a Federalist, one to ensure protection for free speech and another to protect the freedom of religion for all the citizens of our great region. We passed multiple other landmark progressive bills, but enough with the intro, what will I do for you as Senator?

The JTC Platform

> Ensure high levels of accountability. This is an issue that is very important to me and is very necessary for the game to function properly. Every Saturday (or Sunday, I mean, I can't get distracted from a Rubik's Cube competition!) I will post an update on what the Senate has debated, what my votes have been, including missed votes (but there aren't going to be a whole lot of those, as a four-month Delegate, I didn't miss a single vote), and whether I'm in support of or opposed to bills on the floor. I would encourage all my potential colleagues to do the same.

> Get healthcare reform (finally). They keep promising healthcare reform, but I don't see any healthcare reform. If elected, I will write legislation to overhaul our healthcare system and replace it with a medicare-for-all program. I believe it is very immoral that the very rich can pay for much better health insurance than the middle class and working families.

> "Repeal and replace" the Federal Electoral Act. The Federal Electoral Act has many major flaws that make our electoral system unclear and confusing. Some electoral procedures are in the Constitution, and some in the FEA. Future Election Administrators need something better to work with, and the Atlasian people deserve a more clear election system. As your Senator, I would push to completely rewrite the FEA.

> Reform the minimum wage. I think the minimum wage should generally be higher, but the regions should have their fair say in the matter. I will be rolling out a more detailed plan later, so stay tuned.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »

I would vote in favor of a joint resolution suggesting that there be another season of quantum leap.
now endorse me, dammit (Peebs)
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 11:38:29 PM »

I would vote in favor of a joint resolution suggesting that there be another season of quantum leap.
About damn time. Tongue
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 08:36:36 PM »

About damn time. Tongue
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 11:18:13 PM »

I would like to congratulate ZuWo on his narrow victory against LouisvilleThunder in the Federalist primaries. I look forward to an interesting race focused on real issues.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »

Thank you!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »

I'll vote for you, if you don't support the transgender rights thing
Then don't vote for me
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »

Endorsed!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »

Thank you Delegate!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »

what?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 10:52:36 PM »

Voting starts in about 1 hour! Make sure to get out there and make your voices heard!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies