Extraterrestrial life (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Extraterrestrial life (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe?
Yes

No

Unsure (being agnostic about the subject)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Extraterrestrial life  (Read 4819 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: August 15, 2005, 03:30:26 PM »

Pretty sure their is..but I don't believe it has visited here.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:10:47 AM »

"Beam me up Scotty, theirs no intelligent life down here!"
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 01:58:38 PM »

Quit attacking my bad spelling. Undecided
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 01:02:54 AM »

not in this galaxy.

Scientists estimate that it would take between 5 and 50 million years for a race to colonize the entire galaxy.  And we've yet to be colonized, and our sun is a relatively new star.  Therefore it's highly improbable that a very advanced civilization has arisen in our galaxy, unless they're long gone.

Not nessesarily.  Maybe they have a Prime Directive.  Smiley  Or maybe they have other reasons for not coming here.  Scientists estimated that we would go to Mars by the 1980's.  And, I'm still waiting for my flying car and Fusion powered cities.  Maybe they have just developed differently from us.  Perhaps they are more introverted and prefer to stay in their own system.  Maybe some of their planets have been ripped apart by war.  Maybe they are so peaceful and docile that they advance much slower than we do.  Maybe other civilizations have clashed when they have met and are to preoccupied with that to visit our planet.  Remember, in galactic terms, our system is fairly remote.  Not only that, but a species managing to stay around and thrive for even 10 million years is a little unreasonable, let alone 50 million.

Or, maybe they visited here, once, a long time ago and saw a semi-intellegent spiecies developing, and either decided not to screw with the development of the planet, or simply weren't interested in this place, so they packed up and left.

What if we were planted here? Much like a farmer plants a seed and sits back and watches it grow.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 12:20:43 AM »

And all of this speculation assumes they are carbon based lifeforms. It's possible life forms exist in merely energy form, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies