Independent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:53:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Independent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Independent  (Read 7638 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:24:23 PM »

Coming Soon
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

Buffet Man, here we go.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:24:23 PM »

Oh boy. Kasich. I just want to see John Weaver as Press Secretary or CoS because he's so combative against Trump.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »

This will be fun to see!

Is this 2016 or 2020?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 08:18:58 PM »

I'm already doing a Kasich 2020 run timeline.
Your's will probably be an exciting one!
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267650.0
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »

Fruit Ninja 2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 11:44:37 PM »

Fmr. Gov. John Kasich/Fmr. Gov. John Hickenlooper: 365 Electoral Votes, 39.0%
Rep. Adam Schiff/Fmr. Rep. Dennis Kucinich: 87 Electoral Votes, 31.4%
Pres. Donald Trump/Fmr. Rep. Michelle Bachmann: 86 Electoral Votes, 27.8%

---

Wolf Blitzer: "...And with all the current projections in, and pretty late tonight, we bring you to John Kasich's Headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio."

John Kasich HQ, Cleveland, Ohio, November 4th, 2020, 3:42 AM:

John Kasich takes the stage, John Hickenlooper just behind.

"Wow!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you for this great chance... America, you've finally given yourself an opportunity... To resolve this deadly political gridlock, to actually get stuff done in Washington!!!"

*thunderous applause*

"Look at that map, oh gets me every time. The President has called me, and Congressman Adam Schiff has also called me, and graciously conceded. Let's all unite at this point in time, and let the peaceful transition of power take place... This was a very spirited, and well to tell you the truth, unexpected campaign. It's time for..."

"It's time for new leadership in America... It's time we worked together to resolve the issues, to tackle unemployment and the outsourcing of jobs, to tackle the deficit, to tackle the problems threatening our national security, to tackle our healthcare concerns, and to work together to ensure a better and prosperous future for us all... Not that many months ago, when I announced I was running as an independent, not many people took our movement seriously... But America... You have spoken!!! Let's restore sanity to Washington, let's give America a taste of something new, something fresh, bold innovative ideas. The revelations about our President over the past year, it's startled me, and many Americans... But let me tell you. I am no Trump, Republican, or Democrat. I am an Independent, who believes in the cause of reforming our nation, and to work together on problems. That's why my well.. Next Vice President... Was a former Democrat, as I was a former Republican... We were friends... In my time in Washington we were able to form friendships and accomplish things bipartisanly. That era is gone. But thanks to you, it's coming back. America... Let's get to work. Thank you so much!!!! Let's get to work!!!! God Bless America, everyone!!!"

CNN Unconfirmed Report: Trump Considering Resigning Presidency, despite having no VP to give Ryan the Presidency so he can lose his House position???
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 11:51:50 PM »

HE FLIPPED IL THE MADMAN!!!!!!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »

Great timeline!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 11:56:36 PM »

Oh boy. Kasich. I just want to see John Weaver as Press Secretary or CoS because he's so combative against Trump.

You'll get a cabinet in the next update but thanks for the interest!!! Maybe he has a position Wink

This will be fun to see!

Is this 2016 or 2020?

2020 Smiley

Funny nicknames for Kasich though, guys!!

😂😂😂

Thanks man!!! Yours too Cheesy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 01:04:48 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2017, 01:37:23 AM by Old School Republican »

I would say this as proposed Bi Partisan Cabinet :

Sec of State: Jim Webb
Sec of Defense: James Mattis
Sec of Treasury : Mitt Romney
Sec of Commerce: Larry Ellison
Attorney General : Brian Sandoval
Sec of Interior : Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sec of Labor: Mary Landrieu
Sec of Energy: Jon Huntsman
Sec of Transportation : Ron Wyden
Sec of Education: Jeb Bush
Sec of Agriculture : Tom Harkin
Sec of HUD: Michael Bloomberg
Sec of HHS: Evan Bayh
Sec of Homeland Security: James Comey

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 02:58:57 AM »

I would say this as proposed Bi Partisan Cabinet :

Sec of State: Jim Webb
Sec of Defense: James Mattis
Sec of Treasury : Mitt Romney
Sec of Commerce: Larry Ellison
Attorney General : Brian Sandoval
Sec of Interior : Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sec of Labor: Mary Landrieu
Sec of Energy: Jon Huntsman
Sec of Transportation : Ron Wyden
Sec of Education: Jeb Bush
Sec of Agriculture : Tom Harkin
Sec of HUD: Michael Bloomberg
Sec of HHS: Evan Bayh
Sec of Homeland Security: James Comey

Thanks! I already wrote the cabinet, but a lot of those names are actually on there!! Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 07:36:21 AM »

Great job!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 08:45:56 PM »

Thanks!! Update coming soon!!!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »

A New Political Force to be reckoned with: the Reform Party

Following the first Independent President's election since the time of Washington, the President needed allies in the House, Senate, Governorships, and on the local level. Many Democrats and Republicans still wanted to remain in their respective parties but to work with Kasich, but some Government office holders were tired of being complained at, so on December 1st, 2020, the Reform
Party was born, or reborn depending on your perspective. On November 28th, Columnist Bill Kristol bought the name rights to the old, small, obscure Reform Party (which disbanded the same day) for around 3 million dollars. A convention was scheduled for three days later, where some of the notable supporters and campaigners of the Kasich campaign were meeting. The acting chair, Bill Kristol had met and had conversations with many attendants days before, and a platform of an end bipartisanship, and a sensible safe foreign policy were announced as the main planks. The acting chair had Been elected by the delegates (former Publicly elected new members) with most votes with around ten for former California Representative Tom Campbell. The Reform Party was born on December 1st, 2020, in New York City, New York. Presdient-elect Kasich would give a speech at the convention three days later. A new force to be reckoned with was now here. On the first day, Chairman Kristol presented his vision to the American people.

Reform Party Chair Bill Kristol speaking at the Convention in Burlington, Vermont.

"Thank you, thank you, for electing me as your first chair!!!! To all unite our great party, Tom will be our deputy chair. A new era of compassionate moderatism and problem solving is here!!! Thank you, to the delegates of the new Reform Party, but let's get to business and support President-elect Kasich!!! America needs to unite, join our movement today!!! We would greatly appreciate, and well frankly need your support!!! Let's end the two party divide, end the useless bickering and solve some problems!!!! Thank you, good night America!!! God bless America, and the new Reform Party!!!"

*strong applause*

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »

CNN Unconfirmed Report: Trump Considering Resigning Presidency, despite having no VP to give Ryan the Presidency so he can lose his House position???

That would be hilarious to see!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 02:06:38 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2017, 02:22:31 AM by House Majority Leader Haslam2020 »

President Trump goes on Twitter tirade!!! Rants aimed at Kasich, Ryan, Kristol!!!

CNN can now report, that all of this is now real, these aren't fake tweets... This isn't a joke... Wow.... The President of the United States... Who has a 28% approval rating, and was almost impeached multiple times, and found guilty of so much moral wrongdoings that his own Vice President had to resign... is saying Kasich can't lead?! Hah...

(All tweets dated December 9th, 2020)

Gallup Poll: President Trump Approval:

No: 62.0%
Yes: 28.0%
Dont know: 10%

Gallup Poll: Republican Party Approval:

No: 58.0%
Yes: 31.9%
Don't know: 10.1%

Gallup Poll: Democratic Party Approval:

No: 56.4%
Yes: 35.6%
Don't know: 8.0%

Gallup Poll: Reform Party Approval:

Yes: 49.0%
No: 39.1%
Don't know: 11.9%
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 01:59:57 AM »

The Kasich Inauguration:

Washington was packed... The inauguration viewing crowd turnout is huge, better than four years ago. It was a quiet, but... happy day.

President Kasich stepping up to the podium shortly after being sworn in.

A close up of the New President speaking.

"My fellow Americans... We've seen 5 inaugurations in this new Millenia, all have had messages of hope or change, or something new. These compare not to the historic importance of this one, not to discredit my predecessors, but this office, and this country, as we all know are in a lot of trouble. Partisan gridlock is at an all time high, and it's unsustainable, Healthcare costs continue to rise rapidly, which makes just going to the doctor a potential threat to living, which it should never be. Our prescense across the globe is at risk. This debt, this crumbling infrastructure, the lack of hope must all end... And I'm here to announce to you... that it will...

Our movement began in March of last year, I had decided to drop out of the Republican Primaries because I felt I was no longer a viable contender, but that my values would be expressed by no candidate if I didn't run as an independent. My new Vice President, and my friend was also concerned about the state of our country, so we united, despite our differences to commit to restoring America now!!!!

We want to help every American get back on their feet, and I'm telling you, with the team we've assembled, and thanks to your help, we can finally make America rise again. We can tackle the financial and domestic problems with a little bit of work, we're in a better position to solve our foreign crises, and we can make that dream of a more prosperous world for our children a reality. But we need you, I need you, America needs you. We need you to stand up and make your voice heard!!! Don't be afraid to voice your opinion and fight for what's right. Let's restore the dignity of our country!!!! Let's get back to work, America!!!! Thank you!!!!...."
-excerpt of President Kasich's inaugural address

The Kasich Cabinet:

President: John Kasich (I-OH)
Vice President: John Hickenlooper (REF-CO)
Secretary of State: Michael Bloomberg (REF-NY)
Secretary of the Treasury: Mitt Romney (R-MA)
Secretary of Defense: Lindsey Graham (R-AZ)
Attorney General: Trey Gowdy (R-SC)
Secretary of the Interior: Ryan Zinke (R-MT)
Secretary of Agriculture: Tom Vilsack (D-IA)
Secretary of Commerce: Rob Portman (R-OH)
Secretary of Labor: Robert Lighthizer (R-OH)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Rich Bagger (R-NJ)
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Shaun Donovan (D-NY)
Secretary of Transportation: Pat McRory (R-NC)
Secretary of Energy: Ken Salazar (D-CO)
Secretary of Education: Ben Carson (R-MD)
Secretary of Veterans' Affairs: Jim Webb (D-VA)
Secretary of Homeland Security: Jim Gilmore (R-VA)

Chief of Staff: Nikki Haley (R-SC)
Press Secretary: Emmalee Kalmbach (R-OH)
Nat. Sec. Advisor: Keith Kellogg (R-OH)
Trade Representative: Chris Christie (R-NJ)
Director of National Intelligence: Dan Coats (R-IN)
U.N. Ambassador: Michael McCaul (R-TX)
OMB Director: Thomas Massie (R-KY)
CIA Director: Mike Pompeo (R-KS)
EPA Administrator: Al Gore (D-TN)
SBA Head: Linda McMahon (R-CT)
NASA Administrator: Mark Kelly (D-AZ)
U.S. Ambassador to NATO: James Mattis (I-WA)
U.S. Ambassador to China: Gary Locke (D-WA)
U.S. Ambassador to Russia: Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

John Kasich was inaugurated the 46th President of the United States following a fiery, emotional speech calling for unity of the country and outlining his plans to tackle bipartisan and the greatest issues first. The rebuilding of American infrastructure and the slight cuts to government spending would be made a priority, as well as expanding Medicaid. No party really has clear control of the Senate, but the Reform members have Republican leanings, while the House is still dominated by Republicans who may be hostile to the new President. The President's Cabinet were filled with "crazy" and "fresh" picks. Within two days of Kasich's entry, Reform Party Congressman Fred Upton introduced a Infastructure repair bill that seemed like it would get at least 250 votes.

Many moderate Democrats and Republicans decided to join the new political party formed by the few representatives who were elected to the House, which was to be named appropriately the Reform Party (the current Reform Party disbanded days before Kasich's inauguration) and John Kasich was inaugurated the first independent (technically now Reform..) president since Washington. The Cabinet was notably lacking of Reform Party members, which would likely be added at a later date, but Kasich's press secretary Emmalee Kalmbach said Kasich trusted these people (Cabinet office holders) to work together for the good of the country, regardless of party.

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »

Hillary as ambassador to Russia, awesome.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 07:09:47 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2017, 07:20:26 PM by House Majority Leader Haslam2020 »

The First Year:

The first 100 days went by quickly under Kasich, with an infrastructure Reform bill passing with close to 270 votes, and the impending resignation of Justice Ginsburg prompted Kasich to pick Merrick Garland to succeed her, and he was voted in thanks to Reform and Democratic Party support. Democrats could live under Kasich, moderate Republicans could too, but the Ted Cruzs' and Sarah Palins' of the political world were outraged. Both of the mainstream political parties had no clear leader, for the first time in forever. After 6 months of Kasich, he was sitting at a 55% approval rating, had pulled all remaining U.S troops out of Afghanistan and the advisors sent to Iraq. President Kasich got a balanced budget, and kept the remainder of Obamacare intact. The remnants of the "mini-recession" were being cleaned up quickly... In late August, Secretary of State Michael Bloomberg announced he would resign, but not until a proper successor was found. Originally a contest between Secretary Romney, former VP Pence (surprisingly decided to decline, but was the front runner), Russian Ambassador Hillary Clinton, and former Russian Ambassador Jon Huntsman, Huntsman was chosen. He immediately was well received and was accepted almost unanimously. The 2021 Ohio Senate Special Election was won by the Reform nominee and incumbent Reform Party Senator Jon Husted, facing off against the 2020 VP Nominee and a Trumpist Representative. The 2022 Midterms seemed promising for the Reform Party, and seemingly many legislature members could be actually ELECTED. By the time New Year's Day 2022 arrived, the President had an approval rating of 59%.

2021 Ohio Special Senate Election:

Sen. Jon Husted (REF): 38.9%
Fmr. Rep. Dennis Kucinich (DEM): 32.1%
Fmr. Rep. Jim Renacci (REP): 28.1%

2021 New Jersey Gubernatorial Election:

Gov. Phil Murphy (DEM): 49.0%
State Rep. Jack Ciattarelli (REF): 22.3%
Mayor Randy Brown (R): 22.2%

2021 Virginia Gubernatorial Election:

Fmr. Rep. Tom Perriello (D): 53.4%
Fmr. State Rep. Corey Stewart (R): 44.3%

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »

Members of the Reform Party:

House Members of the Reform Party (2021):

Justin Amash (REF-MI)
Mike Coffman (REF-CO)
Charlie Dent (REF-PA)
James Duncan (REF-TN)
John Katko (REF-NY)
Adam Kinzinger (REF-IL)
Steve Knight (REF-CA)
Illena Ros-Lehtinen (REF-FL)
Erik Paulsen (REF-MN)
Elise Stefanik (REF-NY)
Fred Upton (REF-MI)
David Valadao (REF-CA)

Senate Members of the Reform Party:

Susan Collins (REF-ME)
Jon Husted (REF-OH) *
James Lankford (REF-OK)
Joe Manchin (REF-WV)
Lisa Murkowski (REF-AK)
Ben Quayle (REF-AZ)**
Ben Sasse (REF-NE)

*appointed by Gov. DeWine on January 1st, 2021 following Portman's resignation
**appointed by Gov. Ducey days following Senator McCain's resignation.

Governor Members of the Reform Party (2021-):

Charlie Baker (REF-MA)
Bill Walker (REF-AK)
Phil Scott (REF-VT)

Former House Members of the Reform Party (2021-):

Bob Bauman (REF-MD)
Sherwood Boehlert (REF-NY)
Jack Buechner (REF-MO)
Tom Campbell (REF-CA)
Bill Clinger (REF-PA)
Tom Coleman (REF-MO)
Geoff Davis (REF-KY)
Mickey Edwards (REF-OK)
Harris Falwell (REF-IL)
Ed Foreman (REF-TX)
Amo Houghton (REF-NY)
Bob Inglis (REF-SC) (running to replace Gowdy)
Jim Kolbe (REF-AZ)
Steve Kuykendall (REF-CA)
Jim Leach (REF-IA)
Pete McCloskey (REF-CA)
Connie Morella (REF-MD)
Mike Parker (REF-MS)
Tom Petri (REF-WI)
John Porter (REF-IL)
Joe Scarborough (REF-FL)
Claudine Schneider (REF-RI)
Chris Shays (REF-CT)
Peter Smith (REF-VT)
Mark Souder (REF-IN)
J.C. Watts (REF-OK)
Edward Weber (REF-OH)
Vin Weber (REF-MN)
G. William Whitehurst (REF-VA)
Dick Zimmer (REF-NJ)

Former Senate Members of the Reform Party (2021-):

Evan Bayh (REF-IN)
Joe Lieberman (REF-CT)
John McCain (REF-AZ)
Lowell Weicker (REF-CT)

Former Governor Members of the Reform Party (2021-):

Robert J. Bentley (REF-AL)
Arne Carlson (REF-MN)
James Florio (REF-NJ)
Jon Huntsman, Jr. (REF-UT)
Thomas Kean (REF-NJ)
Kay Orr (REF-NE)
George Pataki (REF-NY)
Jesse Ventura (REF-MN)
Bill Weld (REF-MA)
Christine Todd Whitman (REF-NJ)

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 08:03:24 PM »

I might be a lefty, but I can live with Kasich. The Medicaid expansion and infrastructure build are good steps.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

How will Kasich get anything passed with only  10 reps and 7 senators?
By the way can you post a map of current senate control and who won the 2018  elections?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »

I might be a lefty, but I can live with Kasich. The Medicaid expansion and infrastructure build are good steps.

Lots of Democrats and Republicans approve of him Cheesy

How will Kasich get anything passed with only  10 reps and 7 senators?
By the way can you post a map of current senate control and who won the 2018  elections?

Many Senators vote with Kasich because he has Republican-lite policies, with the Democrats also getting some love. I was about to post the 2022 Senate results, but the 2018 Results were mainly just the vulnerable Democratic Senators getting kicked out, but I can have a run down out after the next update! But as for 2023-25 Senate control, you'll see in the next update!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »

Other than the weird Carson and McRory appointments to the cabinet, Kasich's presidency seems solid so far. Carson is especially puzzling as Kasich seems to emphasize on a competent government with results, and Carson is anything but competent.
Great TL!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies