Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:35:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 29442 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: October 24, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »

I am greatly annoyed by the fact that many war start lately in the turn. Even if I hadn't sent my orders yet, I still wrote most of them and I am going to send them to Spamage today. I wrote them by not knowing a full war was going to happen, something I didn't expect.

Simply put forward, I simply don't have the time to prepare for military moves in a such big war that is happening in the case I would decide to join.

So, I will send my Spamage like if if I didn't know that a war happened. And I will take the decision to join or not next turn. Rush rush rush aren't good conditions to play, and I refuse to play in such conditions. And I request no penalties for that.

Err...the thing is that you do know there’s a war though.  It’d be kinda unrealistic not to penalize you for just failing to react at all, no?  I mean, not to stick my head where it doesn’t belong or anything, but why not just make your decision public this turn and request a day long extension from Spamage.  That seems like the logical course of action if it really is just a question of time (not sure why that’d keep you from picking sides, but that’s just me). 
Because I can't in one day decide whether I should join the war or not and that the last time I asked for an extension it was a so big outrage for some outrage.

I dont want to get penalized because players always start their war lately, it's their fault, not mine.

I doubt anyone would throw a fit if you asked for a one day extension and I’m sure Spamage would grant it.  Maybe I just make decisions quickly, but one extra day seems like plenty of time to make such a decision.
Well, I once asked a two days extension and it was a drama lol

Considering the circumstances, I would grant a one day extension if you request it.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #526 on: October 24, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »

Orders submitted, although if Windjammer needs more time I wouldn't be opposed to an extension for him.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #527 on: October 24, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »

Just curious, the turn is over as scheduled, right?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #528 on: October 24, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

Yes, I'm considering it to have closed, as I've recieved everyone's orders. Calculating results now.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #529 on: October 24, 2017, 09:09:38 PM »

Yes, I'm considering it to have closed, as I've recieved everyone's orders. Calculating results now.

Good! I'm nervous as hell, but good.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #530 on: October 24, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »

Good! I'm nervous as hell, but good.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #531 on: October 25, 2017, 04:06:52 AM »

There might be a poster that might join the game soon if a realm is available (Finland?)!!!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2017, 01:28:15 AM »

I would like to join this game. Finland would work fine for me.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »

I'm not sure Finland is a good idea; they're more a cobbled together coalition of peasants, Danish mercenaries, and French mercenaries than a functioning country. Plus, they are at war with both Sweden and Russia, neither of which has much incentive to let them live once they're able to deal with them.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #534 on: October 26, 2017, 06:52:59 AM »

I'm not sure Finland is a good idea; they're more a cobbled together coalition of peasants, Danish mercenaries, and French mercenaries than a functioning country. Plus, they are at war with both Sweden and Russia, neither of which has much incentive to let them live once they're able to deal with them.
Indeed that wouldn't be easy but they are searching a king after all.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2017, 08:52:23 AM »

They can call their rebel leader a king all they want, it won't keep Russia or Sweden from wiping them off the face of the earth, an outcome which still seems highly likely.

I would think the best available states would be Poland (if allowed, though I assume it isn't), the Papal State, the Netherlands (yet again), or maybe Bavaria. None of those (I think) are at risk of imminent destruction and are well-placed to interact with the rest of Europe.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

They can call their rebel leader a king all they want, it won't keep Russia or Sweden from wiping them off the face of the earth, an outcome which still seems highly likely.

I would think the best available states would be Poland (if allowed, though I assume it isn't), the Papal State, the Netherlands (yet again), or maybe Bavaria. None of those (I think) are at risk of imminent destruction and are well-placed to interact with the rest of Europe.
Highly likely?
It seems to me that both Sweden and Russia have many problems, Sweden notably with their rebels in Sweden. So I highly doubt they have the ability nos to destroy Finland
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2017, 09:08:40 AM »

Highly likely?
It seems to me that both Sweden and Russia have many problems, Sweden notably with their rebels in Sweden. So I highly doubt they have the ability nos to destroy Finland

And? Assume the rebels win; the NEW Swedish government isn't likely to be any more keen on Finnish independence than the current one is! Finland seems particularly poorly placed to survive without some kind of great power sponsor since its a small, poorly defended region surrounded by two large and aggressive states with some claim on Finnish land. That's DOUBLY true with Sweden and Russia currently allied together. Unless you're predicting the total demise of one or both of Sweden and Russia within a few turns, Finland seems like it'll survive on borrowed time and is not a great candidate for a new player.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #538 on: October 26, 2017, 09:16:12 AM »

Highly likely?

And? Assume the rebels win; the NEW Swedish government isn't likely to be any more keen on Finnish independence than the current one is! Finland seems particularly poorly placed to survive without some kind of great power sponsor since its a small, poorly defended region surrounded by two large and aggressive states with some claim on Finnish land. That's DOUBLY true with Sweden and Russia currently allied together. Unless you're predicting the total demise of one or both of Sweden and Russia within a few turns, Finland seems like it'll survive on borrowed time and is not a great candidate for a new player.
Well,
I doubt that a game over for Ypestis or Wallace can be totally excluded with the kazakhs and the rébellion in Sweden
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #539 on: October 26, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »

I agree with Dereich here. Even though I'm clearly biased against it, I don't think a Finland controlled by a player is necessarily a good idea. Even if they somehow survive, Finland likely wouldn't qualify even as a secondary power, with its low population and terribly poor location. I also think it might be a bit of a dangerous precedent to open up rebellions to player control a year after it began.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #540 on: October 26, 2017, 12:31:31 PM »

Spamage, Windjammer and I just sent you a PM about my situation in Sardinia Piedmont. I wanted to tax only the nobility and spare the clergy.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #541 on: October 26, 2017, 01:07:24 PM »

Spamage, Windjammer and I just sent you a PM about my situation in Sardinia Piedmont. I wanted to tax only the nobility and spare the clergy.

Isn't that what the event says?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #542 on: October 26, 2017, 01:08:14 PM »

Not really as the second estates= the nobles.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #543 on: October 26, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »

Not really as the second estates= the nobles.

Oh, I misread.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #544 on: October 26, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »

Thinking more on it, I'll take the Netherlands.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #545 on: October 26, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »

Welcome to the game!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #546 on: October 26, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »

Welcome! I have a question I'll need answered via PM Smiley

Unfortunately, I will not have the update posted until tomorrow evening. I have an extremely busy schedule today.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #547 on: October 26, 2017, 09:21:24 PM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #548 on: October 28, 2017, 01:01:42 AM »

Turn 12 is open, will close on Wednesday Evening November 1st.

Let the fighting resume Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #549 on: October 28, 2017, 01:15:13 AM »

Rah these pamphlets, it's always obvious who does that Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length