Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:11:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 29110 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: November 07, 2017, 06:15:09 PM »

So then, am I the King of Finland until the War Against Sweden is settled?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #601 on: November 07, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »

I will join as France if you are still looking for someone to fill in for Windjammer.

Welcome! I'll add your prompts tonight Smiley
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #602 on: November 10, 2017, 06:59:57 PM »

Turn ends tonight, right?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #603 on: November 10, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »

Yep, Friday evening.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #604 on: November 10, 2017, 09:31:12 PM »

Thanks!
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #605 on: November 10, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »

I think I'm going to need a few more hours; I've been delayed by life things
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #606 on: November 11, 2017, 03:08:54 AM »

No problem, I won’t be able to calculate the results until tomorrow morning anyways.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #607 on: November 11, 2017, 08:26:03 AM »

Yeah, could I have until Monday?  One of my best friends is getting married today.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #608 on: November 11, 2017, 02:12:37 PM »

Yeah, could I have until Monday?  One of my best friends is getting married today.

I'm still missing many orders, so I have no problem granting this.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #609 on: November 13, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »

Hey all, so the turn is now closed. With that, though, I also have  an announcement to make.

This game has been great so far, but, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. I've given this alot of thought over the past few days and I'm willing to now say that the next turn will likely be the last one. I've been getting increasingly more busy and the game seems to be slowing down on its own as well, with little being posted in the main thread. These last few months have been both challenging (testing how effectively I could manage day-to-day moderating while also working and taking classes) yet also highly rewarding. The amount of creativity and devotion I've seen from some players has truly been inspiring, especially considering I posted the idea of the game on a whim.

So here's what will happen. I will post the military and news updates for this turn either tonight or tomorrow. I would then like to draft the next (and final) turn, posting that and letting it run at its usual pace. After that, perhaps a while, I would hope to post a summary of how each individual nation fared for the period, long-term results, and how it will look going forward. Europe has truly seen a good deal of change. This would also include an overall summary of how the world will look going into the later half of the 18th century.

I'm sorry if this announcement will disappoint anyone, but it is no longer realistic for me to balance the game with real-life time commitments. I'm doing a final turn so it can be wrapped up more effectively. If the Second War of the Grand Coalitions is still raging at the end, I will also post a summary of that outcome as well. Certainly I'd be willing to hand over the moderator role to anyone willing, though such actions have been quite tricky in the past and do not often result with game's keeping up their same level of vitality.

I reiterate my thankfulness to everyone for participating. I've wanted to see one of these games covering this period in European history for quite some time. You've all helped make that a reality.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #610 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »

Hey all, so the turn is now closed. With that, though, I also have  an announcement to make.

This game has been great so far, but, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. I've given this alot of thought over the past few days and I'm willing to now say that the next turn will likely be the last one. I've been getting increasingly more busy and the game seems to be slowing down on its own as well, with little being posted in the main thread. These last few months have been both challenging (testing how effectively I could manage day-to-day moderating while also working and taking classes) yet also highly rewarding. The amount of creativity and devotion I've seen from some players has truly been inspiring, especially considering I posted the idea of the game on a whim.

So here's what will happen. I will post the military and news updates for this turn either tonight or tomorrow. I would then like to draft the next (and final) turn, posting that and letting it run at its usual pace. After that, perhaps a while, I would hope to post a summary of how each individual nation fared for the period, long-term results, and how it will look going forward. Europe has truly seen a good deal of change. This would also include an overall summary of how the world will look going into the later half of the 18th century.

I'm sorry if this announcement will disappoint anyone, but it is no longer realistic for me to balance the game with real-life time commitments. I'm doing a final turn so it can be wrapped up more effectively. If the Second War of the Grand Coalitions is still raging at the end, I will also post a summary of that outcome as well. Certainly I'd be willing to hand over the moderator role to anyone willing, though such actions have been quite tricky in the past and do not often result with game's keeping up their same level of vitality.

I reiterate my thankfulness to everyone for participating. I've wanted to see one of these games covering this period in European history for quite some time. You've all helped make that a reality.

I'm very happy with this course of action.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »

I'm very happy with this course of action.

Me too. You've been great Spamage.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #612 on: November 14, 2017, 10:12:39 PM »

It will be remembered as one of the best games here, and one that will raise an enormously high bar for everybody who hosts later. Spamage, you deserve to be beyond proud of what you've accomplished here.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #613 on: November 16, 2017, 11:40:11 PM »

It will be remembered as one of the best games here, and one that will raise an enormously high bar for everybody who hosts later. Spamage, you deserve to be beyond proud of what you've accomplished here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #614 on: November 18, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #615 on: November 18, 2017, 01:52:15 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #616 on: November 23, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »

Will we ever see the dramatic end of our fantastic game?!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #617 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:04 PM »

Will we ever see the dramatic end of our fantastic game?!

Yeah, sorry. I've gotten more hours at my job so my time for this imploded.

I'm going to scrap the idea for a last turn. You all are free to negotiate any final solutions amongst yourselves for the time being while I work on a final closing summary for the game to be posted this weekend. Anything not covered will be taken over by me.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #618 on: November 26, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »

Well, thanks to everyone for a good game. The past 4 months or so were challenging, but also quite enjoyable. Looking back, there's several things I would do differently (namely making turns 1 year instead of 6 months), but even so I think we all managed to construct quite an interesting situation. Thanks to everyone for their patience, creativity, and activity. I couldn't have done this without you guys.

Boy, there's so many things to talk about I don't know where to begin. Talk about alot of treachery behind the scenes Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #619 on: November 26, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »

The best player:
The best diplomat:
The best war leader:
The best schemer:

The most scheming:
The most aggressive:
The craziest:
The most high energy player
The weirdest:
The most unpredictable:

The one who betrays the most:
The one who marked this game the most:

Let's go! Please don't nominate yourself and Spamage you can participate too!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #620 on: November 26, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »

And Spamage, I hope you will find time next year to host Concert of power 2.0. Definitely the most fantastic game I have played and there is so big potential for 2.0
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #621 on: November 27, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2017, 11:57:11 AM by King Louis XV »

For example:
-Poland that will continue to be problematic.
-The rising tensions between GB and Spain (Spamage by the way, French Canada belongs to Spain as that was the agreement in exchange for help in India)
-The rising tensions between France and Russia regarding Asia
-The Italian situation even more complicated as France is going tohave the duchy of Modena soon, so potential conflict.
-The Austria/Prussia feud
-Sweden on the rise, potential problems with Russia.
-The Ottoman/Russia feud
-The potential German league/Sweden feud
-The industrialization of France and the UK

So I hope one year later a 2.0 would be possible!!!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #622 on: November 27, 2017, 08:34:38 PM »

Oh well. I guess only the major players were consulted.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #623 on: December 04, 2017, 09:47:16 AM »

I'm planing to write something Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #624 on: December 04, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »

Poland : Napoleon Pilsudski seizes power

As Poland was now governed by moderate republicans, many observers initially thought that their recent expansion after the War of the Grand coalition would finally make this realm more stable, finally bringing stability to this realm. However, this moderate republic quickly became instable. Following many internal conflicts between members of the convention, utterly divided between various factions, only the army kept its prestige intact following the recent polish conquests.

An ambitious young and popular seized power on 9 November 1775, dissolving the Polish Assembly and proclaiming himself « First Consul of the Republic ». While this coup has shocked many observers as no one was expecting that, most Polish backed the coup, tired of this current anarchy and enthusiastic about the prospects of bringing Poland back to its glory, as Napoleon Pilsudski promised to make Poland the most powerful realm in the world.. In Russia, Prussia and the Ottoman Empire, many fear the rise of this new warmonger, as both currently possess Polish former territories.

----------

I have some other ideas, could you give me you all your opinion of that please?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies