Sun and Moon - The Presidential Election of 2040 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:36:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Sun and Moon - The Presidential Election of 2040 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sun and Moon - The Presidential Election of 2040  (Read 47733 times)
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« on: July 27, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »

Looks interesting! What did the 2036 electoral map look like?
And 2020-2036.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »

Rooting for Gabbard!
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:27:34 PM »

This is a great timeline and it really makes me kind of excited to see an Asian as President.....

May I suggest something ? TD's Between the Two Majorities Timeline I believe is a great reference Point for anyone really.

This timeline was actually inspired by Between Two Majorities, and a lot of what happens is based off of that. I created this timeline to give a more human face to the abstract ideas that TD outlines in his timeline.

So there's a Richard Cordray ?

Can you also do a list of all the Presidents ? And..... the Republican Asian Woman President looks pretty hot..... What ?

I originally considered having a President Cordray, but I personally don't think he's ever going to be President. There is someone like him, but I can't tell you yet, because that will spoil the timeline. Wink

As for your second point: both the photos for President Sun and Governor Glass are of real people. Challenge: If you (or anyone else) can figure out who they are, I'll let you name a character and give you a lot of brownie points. Hint: I didn't choose their first names by accident.

Crystal Sun is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krystal_Jung

Amber Glass is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Liu_(singer)
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »

This is a great timeline and it really makes me kind of excited to see an Asian as President.....

May I suggest something ? TD's Between the Two Majorities Timeline I believe is a great reference Point for anyone really.

This timeline was actually inspired by Between Two Majorities, and a lot of what happens is based off of that. I created this timeline to give a more human face to the abstract ideas that TD outlines in his timeline.

So there's a Richard Cordray ?

Can you also do a list of all the Presidents ? And..... the Republican Asian Woman President looks pretty hot..... What ?

I originally considered having a President Cordray, but I personally don't think he's ever going to be President. There is someone like him, but I can't tell you yet, because that will spoil the timeline. Wink

As for your second point: both the photos for President Sun and Governor Glass are of real people. Challenge: If you (or anyone else) can figure out who they are, I'll let you name a character and give you a lot of brownie points. Hint: I didn't choose their first names by accident.

Crystal Sun is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krystal_Jung

Amber Glass is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Liu_(singer)

Wow...that is fast. You are correct on both counts, and you will be duly rewarded.

The power of Google Images at work
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »

That seems about right.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 07:07:02 PM »

The election was not as close as close as the numbers try to say it was. Trump won 31 states, 230 districts, and 86 percent of the counties. This was the closest to a true landslide in terms of geographical mass since the 80's. Yeah the popular vote may say otherwise, but the popular vote is virtually meaningless in the long run. Even if Hillary won the election, she would have only been the third person elected to win less states, a occurrence even less often than the popular vote winner losing. If Hillary won, people would be violently complaining about it for the state by state reason and the fact he won much more than her and was close to stealing another few from her. That is my long over due piece on the election

Winning 306 Electoral votes and 46% of the popular vote is not a landslide in any sketch of the imagination. It is a modest electoral win at best. A electoral case for a landslide doesn't even make sense either as his 56.88% of the Electoral College came only 46th out of all 58 presidential elections. Reagan in 1984 or Nixon in 1972 are real landslides. 56% of the electoral vote while winning the popular vote is not. Also in my opinion a landslide is a candidate who wins over 400 electoral votes and over 10% in the popular vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies