Jeffrey Payne for Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:27:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jeffrey Payne for Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would become the Democratic nominee among these four?
Jeffrey Payne
Trey Martinez Fischer
Joe Mumbach
Tom Wakely
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Jeffrey Payne for Governor?  (Read 1754 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »

As I wanted to inform myself about the Texas gubernatorial race I was browsing through Wikipedia.
I discovered that one Democrat has already declared his candidacy. However, he doesn't have his own lemma, only the information "businessman" is added; thus I started browsing through the Internet in order to find out more about him. So I stumbled upon the following article:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/07/14/abbott-begins-re-election-democratic-candidate-emerges

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What do you you think are Payne's chances of winning the Democratic nomination? (I'm not even talking about his chances against Abbott.) In the poll options I added the candidates that are listed as "potential", providing each of them is going to run. What would be a decent result for him in the general election?

Here's his interview with CBS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79R9KjzTI-E

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:07:53 PM »

As I wanted to inform myself about the Texas gubernatorial race I was browsing through Wikipedia.
I discovered that one Democrat has already declared his candidacy. However, he doesn't have his own lemma, only the information "businessman" is added; thus I started browsing through the Internet in order to find out more about him. So I stumbled upon the following article:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/07/14/abbott-begins-re-election-democratic-candidate-emerges

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What do you you think are Payne's chances of winning the Democratic nomination? (I'm not even talking about his chances against Abbott.) In the poll options I added the candidates that are listed as "potential", providing each of them is going to run. What would be a decent result for him in the general election?

Here's his interview with CBS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79R9KjzTI-E

Prediction?  Payne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »

😂😂😂

I'd rather like to see him run against Ted Cruz than against Greg Abbott.
Is Abbott even seen as anti-gay?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »

😂😂😂

Sorry, I don't know who Payne is.  I was just making a poor joke. The YouTube clip is Mr T as Clubber Lang ready for his rematch with Rocky Balboa in Rocky III.  A reporter asks him "Do you have any prediction for the fight?"  Lang replies "Prediction? Pain."

I just like how serious Lang was when he said that.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 08:27:24 PM »

😂😂😂

Sorry, I don't know who Payne is.  I was just making a poor joke. The YouTube clip is Mr T as Clubber Lang ready for his rematch with Rocky Balboa in Rocky III.  A reporter asks him "Do you have any prediction for the fight?"  Lang replies "Prediction? Pain."

I do understand the clip, but I thought you were dead serious, cause all the canvassing will probably cause much pain for Payne. (I can already see all the puns already.)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 08:45:35 PM by Adam T »

😂😂😂

Sorry, I don't know who Payne is.  I was just making a poor joke. The YouTube clip is Mr T as Clubber Lang ready for his rematch with Rocky Balboa in Rocky III.  A reporter asks him "Do you have any prediction for the fight?"  Lang replies "Prediction? Pain."

I do understand the clip, but I thought you were dead serious, cause all the canvassing will probably cause much pain for Payne. (I can already see all the puns already.)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  This is the list of candidates (and potential candidates, though there are none here) as listed on politics1.com

GOVERNOR:
Greg Abbott (R)* - (Campaign Site)
Larry Secede Kilgore (R) - Conservative Activist, Telecommunications Worker & Frequent Candidate
Jeffrey Payne (D)  - Businessman, Bar Owner & LGBT Activist
Kory Watkins (Libertarian) - Anti-Police Group Organizer & Gun "Open Carry" Activist

politics1 isn't a definitive site for potential candidates though.  As a serious answer: my understanding is that Greg Abbott is a popular governor and I think the Democrats will likely focus on the U.S Senate race given that they have an elected member of the House challenging the controversial Senator Ted Cruz.

Payne will probably receive, at best, the base Democratic vote if he is the nominee.

The Texas Lieutenant Governor, Dan Patrick, is regarded by many as an extremist anti LGBTQ social conservative.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/02/16/texas-lieutenant-governor-works-hate-group-drum-support-anti-trans-bathroom-bill

So, if Greg Abbott is anti LGBTQ, he would likely be regarded in the context of "at least he isn't Dan Patrick."
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 08:43:15 PM »

Jeffrey Payne completely failed. He only came 5th (out of 9 candidates).
How did he manage to win Armstrong County?

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »

Jeffrey Payne completely failed. He only came 5th (out of 9 candidates).
How did he manage to win Armstrong County?

Very low turnout in a staunchly Republican county, I think he won by only one vote. Probably lack of name recognition.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies